Resolved Scheduled Chapter do not appear in Updated List or Book itself

• Thread starter Deleted member 20302
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20302

Hi! I just started my first story last week.

I schedule my chapters rather than immediately posting them due to timing reasons.

However after scheduling chapter 2 and 3, not only I never seen it in the updated series list, I don't see them in the chapter list on the front page of my story that are always shown when you see as a reader. I waited for at least an hour and it still wasn't there.

In the case for Chapter 2 yesterday, since I waited for a long time, I set a 2nd timing. But because it's already set to 'Published' hours prior, the updated timing is shown as the first scheduled timing I have set. This is relatively useless for me since even if it's shown in the updated list, it's already far behind at the back.

Even still, both chapter never once I see it being shown up in the updated list and it wasn't immediate like everyone else are.

Chapter 3 have just been published like 18 mins ago as of this post and didn't show up on my story nor in the chapter list of my story.

So scheduling chapters do not count towards showing up in such things? Do they work differently than immediate published chapters?

Update: It's been almost 3 hours and Chapter 3 is still not being shown in my chapter list. I will still predocially check to be sure this is really something wrong.
2nd Update: Been 5 hours or so but still not showed up.

Attached are as follows:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited by a moderator:

Mihou

Firefly—
Hello, have you set your timezone yet?
If not, feel free to set it up on your user settings.

A guide that might help you.

D

Deleted member 20302

Yes I have already set it before I've written this story.

I also know this because as stated in the thread you shared, it will show up as 'Scheduled.'

Then as shown in the screenshot of mine at the top, that chapter was then set to 'Published' 18 mins prior to the post, the exact local time I have set it to be released. That means it should by right, already appear in my story.

Thank you for trying though.

Mihou

Firefly—
The only thing I can possibly think of with regards to the chapter getting published but not listed is it may have been flagged by SH's anticheat.

Cases for those involves (and not limited to) the ff: republishing of a chapter that has already been published.

D

Deleted member 20302

Hmmm... if that's the case, why for example, my later chapter 3 not shown then? I never publish it prior to this so the system shouldn't flagged it as me republishing a chapter.

As for chapter 2 perhaps it's understandable since I force a 2nd scheduled timing just so that it can appear on my chapter list. (wasn't there on the 1st timing).

Mihou

Firefly—
Hmmm... if that's the case, why for example, my later chapter 3 not shown then? I never publish it prior to this so the system shouldn't flagged it as me republishing a chapter.

As for chapter 2 perhaps it's understandable since I force a 2nd scheduled timing just so that it can appear on my chapter list. (wasn't there on the 1st timing).
Did you perhaps use the sorting function? The function where you sort uploaded chapters to insert newer chapters before them, otherwise, I'll leave this case to Tony to handle.

D

Deleted member 20302

Did you perhaps use the sorting function? The function where you sort uploaded chapters to insert newer chapters before them, otherwise, I'll leave this case to Tony to handle.
Never use it. I guess we just have to wait for him then. Thank you so much for trying to help me though!

@Tony Sorry for troubling you, hope this could be possibly be resolved soon.

I also noticed that for Chapter 3, it happen tbefore such as this thread where schedule chapters didn't appear hours after the time that it was set. Though that was resolved for no explanation.

Tony

Staff member
Hi! I just started my first story last week.

I schedule my chapters rather than immediately posting them due to timing reasons.

However after scheduling chapter 2 and 3, not only I never seen it in the updated series list, I don't see them in the chapter list on the front page of my story that are always shown when you see as a reader. I waited for at least an hour and it still wasn't there.

In the case for Chapter 2 yesterday, since I waited for a long time, I set a 2nd timing. But because it's already set to 'Published' hours prior, the updated timing is shown as the first scheduled timing I have set. This is relatively useless for me since even if it's shown in the updated list, it's already far behind at the back.

Even still, both chapter never once I see it being shown up in the updated list and it wasn't immediate like everyone else are.

Chapter 3 have just been published like 18 mins ago as of this post and didn't show up on my story nor in the chapter list of my story.

So scheduling chapters do not count towards showing up in such things? Do they work differently than immediate published chapters?

Update: It's been almost 3 hours and Chapter 3 is still not being shown in my chapter list. I will still predocially check to be sure this is really something wrong.
2nd Update: Been 5 hours or so but still not showed up.

Attached are as follows:

Sorry about that! I just checked and it seems to have bugged in this case. I'll look into what happened but your chapters are showing now and I bumped your latest chapter to the top on the main site.

D

Deleted member 20302

Sorry about that! I just checked and it seems to have bugged in this case. I'll look into what happened but your chapters are showing now and I bumped your latest chapter to the top on the main site.
Thank you for the prompt reply, Tony! Sorry for the trouble!