Resolved Scheduling Publish/Release Function - Confusion About Timezones

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
This thread question has changed from a feature request/suggestion to a bug/question thread concerning the current Scheduling of automated chapter releases.

The Bug/Question/Unspecific Feature: Changing the date on a chapter draft in edit mode to a future date does not always cause the "Publish" button to change to a "Schedule" button. Also, I do not know when exactly the chapter will be released because the date does not include timezone information.

(1) I can change the time, but it does not clearly state what time I am scheduling the release for. Is it for my timezone or am I scheduling for some completely different timezone like Greenwich Time? I have no idea when my story will actually be released even if I do input 10 PM it might be 10 PM for some other place because it doesn't say.

(2) Even when I change the time the "Publish" button does not always change to a "Schedule" button. It will only change to a "Schedule" button if I set the date to a different day meaning that I cannot "Schedule" a release if I intend to publish it on the current day.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
SUGGESTION: If there was a way to set up an automated Publish/Release time that would help. (I don't think it exists and if it does the interface was not intuitive enough to inform me so. All I see is a publish button and I'm afraid to click it for possibly more options because I don't want to publish my chapter it immediately.)

EXAMPLE: I want to publish a draft at 10PM EDT, but I won't be home at that time. So if there was an option, say, "Publishing Options", that I would click ----------> it would take me to a little menu that says "Enter a time here for when you would like your draft to be automatically published and posted to the website, or click [PUBLISH NOW] to publish your chapter immediately!"

[AUTOMATICALLY PUBLISH] at "2019-09-09 @ 21:30 EDT"

Yes, this is already possible. Just set the date to a future date then a "Schedule" button should show up.

Yorda

Yes, this is already possible. Just set the date to a future date then a "Schedule" button should show up.

Alright, thanks for telling me. It's the date thing above the publish area right? I tried setting that but something weird happened. Maybe it was a timezone problem or something. Anyways I'll try to delete this thread now. Orrrrr change it to resolved.

Last edited:

Yorda

Ah. I see how it is supposed to work, but it's a bit unintuitive and or doesn't work properly because ...

(1) I can change the time, but it does not clearly state what time I am scheduling the release for. Is it for my timezone or am I scheduling for some completely different timezone like Greenwich Time? I have no idea when my story will actually be released even if I do input 10 PM it might be 10 PM for some other place because it doesn't say.

(2) Even when I change the time the "Publish" button does not always change to a "Schedule" button. It will only change to a "Schedule" button if I set the date to a different day meaning that I cannot "Schedule" a release if I intend to publish it on the current day.

Tony

Staff member
Ah. I see how it is supposed to work, but it's a bit unintuitive and or doesn't work properly because ...

1.) If you don't set your timezone via https://www.scribblehub.com/account/ (go down to the "Time Zone" drop list and select your timezone) then by default, it'll use UTC 0.

2.) You can set it to the current day as long as it's in the future. I would recommend changing your timezone first via https://www.scribblehub.com/account/ to make sure you're actually setting it to a future date and not a past date.

Yorda

1.) If you don't set your timezone via https://www.scribblehub.com/account/ (go down to the "Time Zone" drop list and select your timezone) then by default, it'll use UTC 0.

2.) You can set it to the current day as long as it's in the future. I would recommend changing your timezone first via https://www.scribblehub.com/account/ to make sure you're actually setting it to a future date and not a past date.

Ah. Thank you very much. I'm sorry for being a pest. I really would have never figured out that was the way to set the timezone for the schedule/publish thing and it explains why I was having troubles getting the button to switch.

Tony

Staff member
Ah. Thank you very much. I'm sorry for being a pest. I really would have never figured out that was the way to set the timezone for the schedule/publish thing and it explains why I was having troubles getting the button to switch.

No problem and you're not a pest so I wouldn't worry about it. If you're confused about it, I'm sure others would be confused too. I would rather people speak up than not say anything so I can fix things :blobthumbsup:. I'll try to make it more user-friendly or add some kind of help for it in the future.

If you need help with anything else, let me know.