Schizo knowledge part 4: Astral Projection

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
First of all, I won't get into detail about what the astral plane is or other things connected to it since I believe exploring it yourself is part of the fun. Also, I won't talk about the history of astral projecting since it's kinda boring.

Anyway, let's just jump straight into it. Why do people even astral project? Well, because the possibilities are endless. You can speak with dead people, entities, gods, and all kinds of other stuff. You can use it to experience flight and other superpowers like pyromancy, etc. You can travel anywhere you want: to another country, outer space, to the sun, and even locations like hell. Of course, you can use it for sexual stuff as well. But other than just experiencing stuff, there are practical uses as well: you can use it to help your body heal (it only boosts your body's natural healing ability, so don't use it as a substitution for medical treatment!!!), obtaining information, digging into your subconscious and so on. For example, an artist can use it for inspiration and see his finished work in the astral realm, even though he just barely began to draw his picture. Same for authors: you can read your finished work in the astral realm if you need inspiration.
But the most intriguing thing about AP is that it sometimes surpasses human imagination. It can feel hyper-realistic, meaning it feels more real than reality itself. You can transform into an animal and really experience how it feels to be that animal. You won't just feel like you have four legs, but every little detail like the fur, every claw, have the heightened smell, and so on. And even stranger, you can transform into a flying sphere and experience 360-degree vision. Also considering what kind of place this Scribble Hub is, before any degenerate asks, yes you can use it to experience genuine gender bender...
Many mystics even just use AP to deal with all their occult business, so if you are too lazy to do complicated rituals, this might be for you.

So how do you do it? Before I give a method, I want to talk about mindset. Having the right mindset is THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR to have a lot of AP experiences
In case something doesn't work, many people instantly try to blame it on external factors like their diet, their talent, or all kinds of other stuff. There is a bunch of misinformation going around how you shouldn't eat meat, don't have sex, no alcohol, etc. if you want to astral project. THIS IS SIMPLE, NOT TRUE!!! It may have an insignificant impact on your success, but it's really insignificant. If you do everything right and you have a 90% chance to astral project, it only reduces your chance to about 88%. So instead of worrying about that stuff, focus on what you did wrong, and try to fix it. This is the right mindset to have.

Anyway, there are many guides on how to astral project (just search in youtube, a trillion videos will be found...), but the general notion is that astral projecting is hard and needs a lot of practice. Some dedicate weeks to months to finally have their first AP experience. This is because almost all guides use an active method, which is really hard since you need to get into a certain trance state for it to work. People who meditate a lot have it easier to reach this trance state, but this takes too long so I'll share a method for dummies with which you can astral project in your first or second night.

This is possible because it's an inactive method. Best is if you do it on the weekend where you can sleep in. Without further ado here you go.

1. Make a list of around 3 things you want to do when you AP. For beginners, simple things like eating an apple, looking at a mirror, running, etc. are best
2. Set your alarm so that you sleep for 5 to 6 hours.
3. Get up and stay awake for 3 to 50 min. (read a book, drink a glass of water, etc. ). The amount of minutes should be decided beforehand: If you are someone who falls asleep, fast stay awake longer. If you are having trouble falling asleep, stay awake as short as possible.
4. Go to bed and fall asleep with the intention of when you are waking up, you won't move your body and instantly try to separate from your body without moving any muscles, either through levitating, rolling out, or standing up. Be aggressive with your intent. Have thoughts like: "When I wake up, I'll do it no matter what!!"
5. You wake up and try it. If it didn't work, you fall asleep with the same intention and try until you succeed. That's why days on which you can sleep in are awesome since you have enough sleep time to increase the number of attempts.
Also, if you accidentally moved after waking up, you still try! It only reduces your chances amd not making it impossible, so try to separate nevertheless!!!!

With this, you should get at least 1 experience on your first 2 nights. After that, you can add techniques to your routine. You use those when separation doesn't work and you still have some time until you just fall asleep and try again. Generally, you select 3 techniques and try to use 1 technique for about 5-10 seconds before switching to the next if it doesn't work. There is an immense amount of techniques but to not make this too long, I'll just share the ones I use.
1. Imagine you standing in your room and rubbing your hands together. Really try to feel the sensations. If you suddenly start feeling real sensations in your imagination, it means the technique works and you try to separate your body like in step 3 above.
2. Imagine yourself swimming. Try to feel the water, your muscles, etc. rest like above
3. Imagine how your body and the beds start to spin in circles. If you start to feel sensations of spinning, try to separate with the body which spun instead of the "real one".
If none work, fall asleep and try again, with separation first before trying techniques.

Now, when you astral project, the experiences can range widely. Some people just have a blurry sensation of flying without seeing or hearing anything, while others might have a full-fledged hyperrealistic experience, which can freak people totally out if they aren't prepared. Most guides only tell how to project, but not what to do after, which I find really dumb. Having awesome experiences motivates someone to keep going, while blurry boring ones will make people think: "That's it?"

So one of the most important things is deepening techniques. You use them to stabilize the AP so that it doesn't end only after a few seconds and is also the main tool to increase the vividness. If you can't see or hear anything after separating from your body, you also use them to let your eyesight and other senses return.
The most typical deepening techniques are:
1. After separation you instantly grab the nearest object and try to see as many details as possible (try to see every pixel). But attention! Don't do it too long! Only about 10 seconds for the object before taking another one and do the same. Do it until you are satisfied with the vividness and feel that the AP is stabilized enough.
2. After separation you instantly try to touch every body part with your hands. Do it as fast as possible.

Maintaining techniques are the same, you use them while doing your planned actions, though not as often as when you just separated. For example, while walking, continue to touch all kinds of things, feed your senses. This will prolong your AP. Since I'm already on this topic: Some people claim that AP is dangerous since you might not come back. Total bullshit. People who say that never had an AP. The problem every astral projector runs into is not leaving the AP, but staying there. Often they just last a few minutes and end, even though you didn't finish your list of things you wanted to do. Though don't be discouraged that it's often so short. The perception of time is different in the astral realm and what are just seconds in the real world might feel like minutes in the astral realm.

Anyway, this is already long so let's skim over how to teleport and transform yourself there.

Teleportation method 1: While separating from your body, think of the location you want to be. After your separation is complete, you'll instantly be there.
Teleportation method 2: While being already in the astral realm, like your room or anywhere else, close your eyes and imagine the location you want to be. Have the (aggressive) intent to be there instantly. You'll feel either a highspeed fly sensation or just pop out in the desired location. If things take too long, the AP will probably just end and you wake up in bed.
This is the same if you want to find someone. Close your eyes and imagine the person or entity to be here. Again, aggressive intent that it will 100% work.

Transformation method 1: Same as above, while separating, imagine the object or animal you want to be.
Transformation method 2: Same as above, close your eyes and imagine the object or animal. Aggressive intent that it will happen. Sensations of transformation should come. If the transformation takes too long, the AP will end.

Here is a list of things you might do wrong. So if you don't succeed, analyze your attempts, and fix your mistakes!
1. Lack of an attempt to separate: You just simply forgot after waking up
2. Lack of aggression: You did things only half-assed after waking up. Do separation and techniques with maximum focus!
3. You feel too awake and think you can't do it now. False! No matter how you feel after waking up, try it with maximum focus!
4. Not recognizing that you are already astral projecting. You didn't experience sensations of separation so you think something didn't work. Nope, if you are conscious and not in your bed, you are already in the astral realm. No need to go back to bed and seperate.
5. Switching or continuing techniques: If techniques start to work, don't switch to another technique. On the other hand, if a technique doesn't work, don't stay on it and switch to another

Oh right, forgot to add. Since it can feel really realistic or even hyperrealistic, should you encounter something frightening, instead of just letting it be and traumatize you, use techniques to deal with it. Either you think of waking up, which will in most cases instantly end your AP, or use my favorite technique: When you feel scared, just start to feel horny...I know it sounds dumb but it works. Trust me!

There is a lot more, I could talk about, but this is already really long, so instead if you have any questions, just ask and I'll answer. Also, feel free to share your AP experiences if this guide helped you.

Next topic will be about tulpas. Even though most people use it for degenerate reasons, tulpas have other usages as well and are really interesting. Again, will be almost entirely practical like this one here.

1608500243810.jpg

Last edited:

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
Also if you are interested, active methods are like this: during the day or before you go to sleep, you try to let your body fall asleep while your mind stays awake. Yeah, that's why they are so hard...

AdLeto

I don't think i'll be able to do the passive method, i am a slow waker, sometimes i don't even notice that i have woken up, what would you recommend for me?

LifeContinuesOn

4. Go to bed and fall asleep with the intention of when you are waking up, you won't move your body and instantly try to separate from your body without moving any muscles, either through levitating, rolling out, or standing up. Be aggressive with your intent. Have thoughts like: "When I wake up, I'll do it no matter what!!"
I typically do this and just imagine I am climbing a ladder and don't want to fall, I don't know if I say astral project, but I remember what I so called dream about better this way

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
First of all, I won't get into detail about what the astral plane is or other things connected to it since I believe exploring it yourself is part of the fun.
Personally I consider this to be somewhat of an issue, as there are some things that can cause harm if you just stumble into them. If anyone is interested, I will go into detail later, but for now the basics: don't mess with higher powers, don't try to destroy things you did not create yourself, be aware that if you visit somewhere you did not create, anything can be an intelligent being, so be careful how you act and how you treat those around you. You wouldn't go to a store and just light it on fire and expect on consequences, likewise you shouldn't act like that in the astral. Just be reasonable and don't go places that seem dangerous and you should be fine.

But other than just experiencing stuff, there are practical uses as well: you can use it to help your body heal (it only boosts your body's natural healing ability, so don't use it as a substitution for medical treatment!!!), obtaining information, digging into your subconscious and so on. For example, an artist can use it for inspiration and see his finished work in the astral realm, even though he just barely began to draw his picture. Same for authors: you can read your finished work in the astral realm if you need inspiration.
While I can't comment on the healing part, side from use it as an extra in addition to scientific methods rather than a replacement, I can verify quite strongly that it can be useful for people who create things. I believe Tesla's supposed ability to simulate machines mentally to test them was likely due to a form of astral projection and a personalized section of the astral under his control, though obviously I have no proof. I can personally confirm that you can, depending on your knowledge, create nearly anything within the astral. If you understand how something works, you can build a copy of it and watch it function, seeing if it has any problems, leading to the same thing. This depends on your understanding of things involved however -- if you are not aware that friction can damage things at high speed, simulating something that moves at high speed is likely to not have damage from friction. But if you are an author, you can create an entire world within the astral, set up your own laws of reality, create your own life within it, and then simply watch what happens. This can be quite helpful, for obvious reasons, though it does require setting things up properly. With proper knowledge and experience, you can ensure that such creations remain from visit to visit, though several different methods, depending on how you project, your level of skill, etc.

But the most intriguing thing about AP is that it sometimes surpasses human imagination. It can feel hyper-realistic, meaning it feels more real than reality itself. You can transform into an animal and really experience how it feels to be that animal. You won't just feel like you have four legs, but every little detail like the fur, every claw, have the heightened smell, and so on. And even stranger, you can transform into a flying sphere and experience 360-degree vision.
This depends a lot on the individual, in my case, I have practically no 'typical' senses -- no sight, no sound, no touch, no taste. It is, however, quite possible to use senses that we do not possess in the physical world we live in, such as simply 'knowing' things, and your senses do not need to be anchored to yourself either. It is quite possible to disconnect your senses from your astral body and go into a 'third person view' of yourself, though that is fairly tricky for most to manage. It is also possible to alter your senses significantly, such as telescopic vision, or zooming in like a microscope, echolocation, etc.

Many mystics even just use AP to deal with all their occult business, so if you are too lazy to do complicated rituals, this might be for you.
As a mage, can confirm, I interact purely through the astral, without using any form of ritual or tools. There are many benefits to such an approach, but it is also more difficult, as rituals and tools are potent methods of controlling your mental state, which most people have difficulty managing properly.

People who meditate a lot have it easier to reach this trance state, but this takes too long so I'll share a method for dummies with which you can astral project in your first or second night.
Cannot personally comment on most of this given that my methods are quite different, but I will say that this guide sounds like a way to lucid dream rather than astral project, but in the end, both are connected quite heavily, and few notice the difference. If you follow these steps, it will put you in control of a dream, then you can simply attempt to leave the dream, and 'go outside' to leave the inside of your mind and reach the outer astral. For most people, the difference will not matter, the main difference is that within your mind, you are fully in control, but outside there are other beings and not everything is in your control. This can be difficult to tell at times, as your mind can create things like monsters that it won't let you control again because you think you don't have the ability, but this can also occur in the astral, as I have personally experienced many times when I was still a novice.

Since I'm already on this topic: Some people claim that AP is dangerous since you might not come back. Total bullshit. People who say that never had an AP. The problem every astral projector runs into is not leaving the AP, but staying there. Often they just last a few minutes and end, even though you didn't finish your list of things you wanted to do. Though don't be discouraged that it's often so short. The perception of time is different in the astral realm and what are just seconds in the real world might feel like minutes in the astral realm.
While there are many dangers in the astral, I can confirm that getting lost or stuck isn't really one of them. I've heard rumors, but zero evidence, only people having heard rumors themselves. If you ever worry about it, simply think about wanting to be back in your physical body, maybe try moving your physical body, and you will typically snap back and startle the heck out of yourself. And perception of time I can very much confirm as well, before I was in control of what I was doing, I experienced significant temporal distortion several times, where I had experiences lasting days, weeks, or longer, yet was only 'out' for less than an hour in the physical. With more experience and knowledge, it is possible to treat time as a direction, as well, which can be quite odd to experience at first, though that isn't quite the same thing.

There is a lot more, I could talk about, but this is already really long, so instead if you have any questions, just ask and I'll answer.
Likewise, if anyone has questions, I can answer them, though my knowledge is not from books, and I cannot help with actually managing projection without a basis in the occult to begin working from.
Next topic will be about tulpas. Even though most people use it for degenerate reasons, tulpas have other usages as well and are really interesting.
This one is also an interesting topic, and I will join in on it as well, though I have experience in a field similar to it rather than actually that subject, for the most part. But much of that does transfer over as well.

Anyways, to my info dump... There is often the idea that "the astral" is all one big location, which is rather incorrect. Think of the astral plane as more of a term similar to "the universe" in that it describes a large collection of things which often have no way of interacting in any meaningful way, are vastly different, separated by an immense distance, etc. Within the astral, there are many 'pockets' of space, similar to how our universe has collections of planets. Likewise, while our universe has solar systems and galaxies, the astral also has places that cluster together, many of which have connections between them, unlike our universe. For each 'planet' or plane within the astral, the laws of physics can be quite different, the durability of reality (how easily you can alter it) how much pressure it can withstand, the size, how space works, etc. It is quite possible to find a plane in the astral that is smaller than your house, or find one larger than our solar system. Sometimes you find flat worlds, others round, some with different numbers of dimensions, sometimes things bend oddly, etc. It is not certain than a circle is 360 degrees, nor that taking four steps forward then four left will put you at the same spot as four left then four forwards. The majority of planes I am aware of do share at least most traits of our own, but it is important to keep in mind that is not always the case.

Within the astral, some planes are under the control of non-physical beings. This can mean humans who projected and took control, deities that dwell there, non-physical entities that exist in the astral but not our world, or even at times just subconscious force from others unaware the place even exists. In areas without such control, reality tends to be more of a foggy concept, easily altered with a passing thought and rapidly falling apart again as soon as there is nothing focused on it anymore. Due to this, in some places, building a wall can be as simple as thinking you want a wall somewhere, while in others, your astral body would have to build the wall similar to in our world.

Similar to the above, though not very applicable in this context, different areas in the astral can only support so much. Consider a mesh hammock, you could have thousands of ants/spiders/mice running all over it without problems, but if an elephant stepped on it, it would be destroyed. Alternatively, think of it like surface tension - a leaf can float, and some insects can walk across it, but if you drop a pin, the point will punch through and suck it under the surface, likewise a frog or dog would sink immediately due to being far too heavy to support themselves, however with special tools, it is possible for them to stand on water as well. What this means is that as you go from the less stable areas to more stable, not only do you have less control over things, but there are bigger and stronger beings around, which have the potential to cause trouble.

What this means is that novices should try to either stay in well known safe areas, or the areas where a passing thought can change reality, if they want to maximize safety. That said, one is unlikely to find any trouble unless looking for it, finding a dangerous area which are pretty much always quite obvious, or interacting with other entities.

Primary two safety tips: No astral politics (do not get involved with any faction, even if they seem nice) and DO NOT INTERACT WITH THE FAE! It is safer to poke a deity in the eye than to interact with fae. Deities have better things to do than torment you. Fae hold grudges over things you aren't even aware there is anything wrong with. I am not joking when I say standing the wrong way when a fae can see you can be considered a mortal insult. And it isn't the same between individuals either. DO NOT MESS WITH THE FAE!

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
@CrusadeAgainstFurries
Just interested in Astral Projection one time and I read some religions doesn't allow it.

Mind letting me know some stuff about who doesn't agree with AP? I already did lucid dreams since it doesn't affect outside world but I imagined that if I do AP, there will be people wearing crusader knight armor smashing at my door and screaming "HERETIC" and "DEUS LO VULT". Yea I really imagined some occult orgs or prob Men in black occult ver. knocking at my door saying "This is FBI, Open up!"

Last edited:

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
@CrusadeAgainstFurries
well i have lot of dreams where i have to take a piss i wake up go take a piss and then go back to sleep. But then i notice i have to again take a piss i go back again take a piss and sleep. Then again. After this i wake up and realize i wasn't actually standing up and walking but i was only taking a piss in my dream . today i was falling in darkness as one does. It wasn't really a dream i had some awareness i just knew that i was having falling sensation. Then i felt someone pat my back. I thought oh must be mom trying to wake me up might be something important. Then i lift my arm and wake up then i try speaking but realize my mouth is moving but sounds aren't coming out. I try for few seconds and think oh well body must have not woken up fully. Then after a few seconds i wake up and can move body well and speak i realize my mom is still sleeping . no one tapped me.
It wasn't image of someone tapping on back as it happens in dreams i felt someone tapping.
I think i was probably thinking of tits or something.

Though i had gas so i wasn't able to sleep. Maybe the gas caused that feeling.

@CrusadeAgainstFurries

Oh you said that you started researching occult for reasons in one of your post let me guess the reasons.
ahem
let me get in your head.

After some time quarantine started i have been seeing patterns in my life. I don't mean it in a vague sense but in a sense that there are weird
dreams and those dreams and inconspicuous things i search on internet seem to have a direct relationship with my life.
I first thought that i was subconsciously affecting things. Example i remembered something of internet then i maybe sub consciously did something which affected objects in reality like i see aliens online and going through my books i see the next chapter which is going to be taught is related to aliens. At first i thought i was just seeing patterns where they did not exist or it's an one off thing but this continued with surprising consistency .

Events in real life which induced emotion showed a relationship with dreams and things i read online and in books. Example i decide to change myself and write a story then i remember a dream i previously had it contained books and was related to new begnings and i also saw things which were part of religions outside christianity even though i have never researched those religions before. I thought what the hell what are chances of that happening. How many people have such dreams no one talks about them i was not having them before.

My memory also seems to be getting too hazy i can't remember how i spent the month. Every day is same.
Oh an major event happened when it all started. I started recording all those coincidences hoping to find a pattern and make sense of them.

Everything on internet which talks about this scientefically is too vague and doesn't relate to my case at all or explain the number of coincidences i am seeing.

I have been having dreams where i wake up from my bed and move and go get water or something and see things but then i wake up and realize that i have been sleeping all along.

I also feel like something is keeping me from talking about it as whenever i try to something distracting happens.

My life is already weird i have done things which other people i know haven't done .

How many people do you know who have done {insert shit you have done my geuss is learning something at young age or having an interaction with an adult or kid which was very weird and straight out of a movie . Then that interaction never being brought up again}

None of my friends seem to have any such experiences .

Oh also someone either died or you started a completely new thing after seeing events.

Oh and you have also read jung's work and synchronicity . Also recently thought about trying weed or tried it.

Also you feel that nothing else matters in the world and a feeling of clear headedness and something like insipiration and cursoity when you think about it like a trance.

Oh also i have been noticing these small weird things before lockdown begin.
I feel like some strange god is fucking with me. What are the chances.

How much of it did i get it right?

you see i am the protagonist hahahahaahahaha

here have a song

the ai running the simulation is fucking with you or me . maybe it likes me .

The girl in bad apple is having a similar crisis she is probably thinking is it all just an anime

oh also have a creepy selfie.

though it's all guesses i don't actually know magic .i think it probably doesn't exist but can't say for sure.

One eye golden one eye black amazing i got such a camera angle once without trying i use it if i am trying to scare anyone. I think i was standing infront of mirror or something.

ok do tell me how good my guesses were.

Damm i have talent for sounding creepy and writing creepy stories . This might be backstory of a protagonist in a story i might write or something.

Attachments

• bandicam 2021-01-15 12-40-07-998.jpg
    bandicam 2021-01-15 12-40-07-998.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Got any tips for convincing my fetus to turn head-down and and stay that way until he pops out of me . . . or at least turn head-down at the last minute so the doctors don't decide to cut me? He likes to move all over the place.

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
I don't think i'll be able to do the passive method, i am a slow waker, sometimes i don't even notice that i have woken up, what would you recommend for me?
I'm also a slow waker and I can do that. After your "sleep pause" your sleep will be only light, which makes it easier to instantly do separation after waking up. If it's really that bad, you just need to increase the number of attempts, and out of 5 attempts, at least one will work - at least that's the case for me.

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
@CrusadeAgainstFurries
Just interested in Astral Projection one time and I read some religions doesn't allow it.

Mind letting me know some stuff about who doesn't agree with AP? I already did lucid dreams since it doesn't affect outside world but I imagined that if I do AP, there will be people wearing crusader knight armor smashing at my door and screaming "HERETIC" and "DEUS LO VULT". Yea I really imagined some occult orgs or prob Men in black occult ver. knocking at my door saying "This is FBI, Open up!"
Actually, most religions allow astral projections, since it's a good way to interact with angles or other stuff. Especially Hinduism and Buddhism embrace it. Only Christian Fundamentalists deem everything esoteric evil, even things like meditation. But without trying to insult them, they don't know even a thing about their own religion. They say meditation is evil, while not knowing that Christian monks meditate upon bible verses to get the true meaning and ignoring other spiritual aspects of Christianity...I should probably stop here since I don't want to get banned for breaking the forum rule "No discussing religion". Anyway, no need to worry. No one will come to smash on your door. Especially not the FBI.

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
Got any tips for convincing my fetus to turn head-down and and stay that way until he pops out of me . . . or at least turn head-down at the last minute so the doctors don't decide to cut me? He likes to move all over the place.
Sorry, I honestly have no idea. But isn't it actually a good sign that the fetus is moving around so much? Means it's healthy, right? Though I may be wrong here, so sorry if that's the case.
You might try to let your fetus hear chill music from Mozart, I heard it has positive affects on fetuses. Maybe it will calm it down a bit.

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
Sorry, I honestly have no idea. But isn't it actually a good sign that the fetus is moving around so much? Means it's healthy, right? Though I may be wrong here, so sorry if that's the case.
You might try to let your fetus hear chill music from Mozart, I heard it has positive affects on fetuses. Maybe it will calm it down a bit.
was my geuss good

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It's a good thing he kicks a lot. It's not common for them to change position this much, though. It's more because I have extra amniotic fluid that he can change position so much, and he's taking full advantage of that. It's a little worrying that he might get tangled in his umbilical cord or something, but hopefully he'll be fine. As long as he knows which way to turn when my contractions start, that's the important part.

Yep, we play a variety of music for him. He tends to kick more when he's bored.

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
Few things I forgot to mention -- it is possible to do 'partial projection' and maintain awareness of both physical and astral at the same time, though that is quite tricky at first, and controlling more than one body at the same time can be difficult. Sensory overload can also be a potential issue from that. Likewise, most people have one astral body, but that doesn't mean one is the limit - you can create more, split one into multiple, join multiple back into one, or even just drop the body and be a roaming consciousness. Multiple bodies can be quite difficult to manage, however, and I do not recommend any of these for novices.

And as mentioned above, astral projection can be very nice for those who follow non-physical beings, as you can go meet angels, kami, deities, nature spirits, ancestors, etc at essentially any time you want without any middlemen. It is quite handy as well for authors if you have questions about mythological beings since you can go find one in the astral and either observe them or directly ask, though you have to be aware that there are as many versions of a being as there are beliefs about them, and often more than that, so it is possible to find, for example, a siren that is a beautiful young kind lady sitting on some rocks, then next time find a monstrous beast cloaked in illusion that wants to eat your face, and both are accurate.