Scribble Hub Monetization Strategy

Ungrave

I wasn't really thinking about it before, but I can't seem to find any ads on the site anywhere. Where is Scribblehub making its money? Is it running on a loss? I can't imagine the server costs for a medium-sized site like this are too small, so I'm getting quite curious as to what Tony's game plan is with the site.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
I wasn't really thinking about it before, but I can't seem to find any ads on the site anywhere. Where is Scribblehub making its money? Is it running on a loss? I can't imagine the server costs for a medium-sized site like this are too small, so I'm getting quite curious as to what Tony's game plan is with the site.
NovelUpdate is the sugar daddy. I don't think Tony plans on adding ads for a while.

Tilgarial

NovelUpdate is the sugar daddy. I don't think Tony plans on adding ads for a while.
I couldnt remember seeing ads on NU, so first thing I did was go and check.
Saw a big one right in the middle. I'm inpressed eith myself for never noticing before.

Anyways; i imagine tony is gonna add ads in inconspicious places when the SH community has gathered enough inhabitants for his liking/when it becomes worth it, or something along those lines

BlueDream

Saw a big one right in the middle. I'm inpressed eith myself for never noticing before.

Anyways; i imagine tony is gonna add ads in inconspicious places when the SH community has gathered enough inhabitants for his liking/when it becomes worth it, or something along those lines
Ha. As if it would ever happen. This place is ad free. On the other hand...

Are you tired of 3D women who always seem to hate you for not having a life? Look no further than Waifu Collector Game 3500!
With this popular mobile game comes customizable wives with changeable clothing, and heart-throbbing dialogue came up by 30 something year old men who never dated before. With 69 downloads and coming, this game will let you date the woman of your fantasies.

Why settle for the mundane and expensive woman when you can just get the same and more from a virtual waifu at the cost of $0.99? She can never defy you since she's a program.

Obligatory: This is not sponsored by Scribblehub

MrDarkness1234

Dark Matter of All Evil

Are you tired of 3D women who always seem to hate you for not having a life? Look no further than Waifu Collector Game 3500!
With this popular mobile game comes customizable wives with changeable clothing, and heart-throbbing dialogue came up by 30 something year old men who never dated before. With 69 downloads and coming, this game will let you date the woman of your fantasies.

Why settle for the mundane and expensive woman when you can just get the same and more from a virtual waifu at the cost of $0.99? She can never defy you since she's a program.

Nice but no.

:cool:Because once I get better at drawing people I could draw my own waifus.

Yorth

Swordman
I think Tony is willing to operate on a loss as long as it means that the site grows in popularity and becomes a household name. From my understanding of the inner workings of the site, it has been growing exponentially and I can only foresee it to continue to do so for the near future. Having it become an ad infested wasteland would be really dumb from Tony as the name of the site would be smeared. This doesn't work very well when your name isn't Qidian and you don't a billion-dollar to throw at ads.

Now, will there be monetization in the future? Most likely. I think it will be heavily focused on ads, but I think these will be much more developed than sidebar ads, simply because personalized ads make a whole lot more money than general ones.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~

OwO
I'm amazed you've been using NU and NUF for so long and never noticed...
*huggles*
\(>w<)/
Get more people using it.
Get people addicted to it.
Put in ads.
'-'

X

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil

Why only 3D women?
Why only waifus?
Why only 30 something year old men?

That's sexist. :blob_uwu:

Unless the waifus aren't women? :blob_frown:

Last edited:

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil

I have never seen an add because there are no adds. Didn't even realize there were ads. My adblocker works. Ready Perfectly. (But I apologize for affecting their revenue)

LWFlouisa

You know, some kind of monetization might help broke people afford cover art. That's a lot of the reason I have covers I do.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
You know, some kind of monetization might help broke people afford cover art. That's a lot of the reason I have covers I do.
Scribbly working on a monetization strategy would not affect the authors' incomes, it would only affect Tony-chan's income.