ScribbleHub Should make it easier for authors to access their story Polls

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
This is more so a personal desire as I have made a few polls that I now wish to delete but I have no clue which chapter I had them in. Now I have to go through all of my chapters just to find the poll so that I can go back to the edit page and delete them. Again, this is my fault as I should have just remembered where I put these polls but it would make it easier to have a polls page within the edit tab. That way we can at least look at all of our polls without having to go to each chapter that we had one in. I hope this didn't come out sounding rude.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I get why you want it, but... This honestly feels like a bit too much of a niche feature to be worth the development time of Tony.

I don't really see it happening.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
I get why you want it, but... This honestly feels like a bit too much of a niche feature to be worth the development time of Tony.

What might be a cooler feature though is if on our profile pages if we’re an author it has a polls tab where it lists all the polls we’ve ever made across all series. Any user can also vote from there as well.

Can target polls to followers as well rather than just readers.

This would also fulfill OP’s request requirement.

Now that I think about it, wasn’t there a YouTube feature for polls that The Spiffing Brit exposed a hardcore exploit for? What if Scribble Hub copy cats YouTube? It might give authors an unexpected means to promote their work through polls. More so than simply the latest updates, new series, and trending lists.

Similar to the pinned forum posts at the top, there could be a scrollable community feed on the main page with recent polls that might spur more engagement and involvement with the site.

Last edited:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author

I get that and really, I was only wondering about it. of course, I don't want Tony to do anything that may feel like too much. I just figured that it would be nice.
What might be a cooler feature though is if on our profile pages if we’re an author it has a polls tab where it lists all the polls we’ve ever made across all series. Any user can also vote from there as well.

Can target polls to followers as well rather than just readers.

This would also fulfill OP’s request requirement.

Now that I think about it, wasn’t there a YouTube feature for polls that The Spiffing Brit exposed a hardcore exploit for? What if Scribble Hub copy cats YouTube? It might give authors an unexpected means to promote their work through polls. More so than simply the latest updates, new series, and trending lists.

Similar to the pinned forum posts at the top, there could be a scrollable community feed on the main page with recent polls that might spur more engagement and involvement with the site.
that sounds like a good idea but I don't think it would be good to use polls to promote works as then we would have the same problem that youtube has where there are polls all over the place. I can see it being on our profile pages though. it would help out a bit.

Teanam

You can see which chapter has a poll in the Table of Contents (Story-Dashboard-Table of Contents). The chapters are marked with a Pin in front of them.

When it comes to polls here, I'm more confused that you, the author, can't see the results of a Poll yourself unless you also vote when you disabled viewable results before placing a vote. (Or I didn't found where)

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
You can see which chapter has a poll in the Table of Contents (Story-Dashboard-Table of Contents). The chapters are marked with a Pin in front of them.

When it comes to polls here, I'm more confused that you, the author, can't see the results of a Poll yourself unless you also vote when you disabled viewable results before placing a vote. (Or I didn't found where)
I was going to point that out too, but then considered the issue where the person might have many many polls and you don’t know which is the poll you want to delete and you have to go into each individual chapter with a poll to figure it out.

Teanam

Right... Now that I read it again, it does seem like they know where they have polls, just not which is in a specific chapter.