ScribbleHub Statistics

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
So I was googling something completely different online but I stumbled upon a site that I thought was pretty cool and looked up this one.

On it, it gave all the traffic data for websites. So apparently ScribbleHub has:

between 3M and 4M visits per month
An average visit duration of 17 minutes per visit.
Almost 10 pages per visit.
And it is currently sitting at a global rank of 13,254 most popular website in the world.

Anyway, I thought that was all pretty neeto. If anybody wants to see where I got the data its from:

And I'm just going to assume these metrics are correct until someone tells me otherwise.

Last edited:

Ununique

Messiah of Alternate Accounts.
And I'm just going to assume these metrics are correct until someone tells me otherwise.
I think you mixed the NU ranking with the Scribblehub one.

1613060828272.png

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Not even 10 chapters in and he decides to take a "human" form what's the fucking point anyway
Cuz I dunno, fucking in a small hamster form but with horse penis feels like a chore? But if it is like that giant hamster in Overlord...

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
And it is currently sitting at a global rank of 13,254 most popular website in the world.
The rest seems right, but this one seems wrong to me. AFAIK Similarweb doesn't have a plethora of sites in its database, which makes the ranking look a lot better than it really is.

If you look at Scribblehub in Alexa, for example, you'll see it in the #101,757 spot, instead of #13,254... This difference is a bit too big for me to think it's just a different method of measuring popularity. It's probably a database size difference.

Edit: The hypothesis of different database sizes is wrong. See this for details: https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/scribblehub-statistics.4251/post-109000

Last edited:

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
The rest seems right, but this one seems wrong to me. AFAIK Similarweb doesn't have a plethora of sites in its database, which makes the ranking look a lot better than it really is.

If you look at Scribblehub in Alexa, for example, you'll see it in the #101,757 spot, instead of #13,254... This difference is a bit too big for me to think it's just a different method of measuring popularity. It's probably a database size difference.
That seems highly possible.

It's not like I fact checked anything. I found a website by accidently typing something in google and thought: "This is cool."

Reisinling

That seems highly possible.

It's not like I fact checked anything. I found a website by accidently typing something in google and thought: "This is cool."

Neither of those websites seems to measure "popularity" as understood by an average person, but some custom defined global engagement (instead more relevant to ads people and such).

Also, If you were to look at alexa rank over 90 days, there is a strong dropoff since new year, most likely in part due to people going back to work from winter holidays, but it might also just be a sign of changes in algorithm (or more likely new models by some machine learning thingy). There might be hundreds of differences in the way they treat domains as well (at what point do they stop counting subdomains? what about different domains pointing to the same website?)

Then there is simple fact of how popular alexa rankings are, and call me crazy but I suspect there are shit ton of people trying to "hack" them (weirdly enough most information about that on more reputable websites gets.. disappeared and now points to 404, but here have a research article https://arxiv.org/abs/1806.01156 _. and here is their ranking, actually agreeing with alexa https://tranco-list.eu/query , though on this one scribble hub seems to be doing better over time, instead of falling so.. ???)

Finally, we are talking about positions aroun 10 000 and 100 000. Look at how small the differences between novels on this site are after you get beyond the first 1000 novels.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
TL;DR: My first post in this thread is totally wrong and that can be proven by simple google searches.
Finally, we are talking about positions aroun 10 000 and 100 000. Look at how small the differences between novels on this site are after you get beyond the first 1000 novels.
That's actually an interesting thing to look at... Let's see... I guess I'll use views as the measurement criteria because it is the default one.

Right now Scribbly has 254 pages of series, each one consisting of 25 series, so... Roughly 6250 series, give or take some.

Since the last spots are probably filled with stuff with like... 1000 views or something, I'll look at the ones on positions #500 and #1500, as well as #2000 and #3000.

Series #500 has 58k views.
Series #1500 has 8.1k views.

So yeah... The difference is pretty drastic between those two... I ended up being curious and also checked Series #1000, which has 18.4k views.

Series #2000 has 4.6k views.
Series #3000 has 1.7k views.

So... Yeah, after #1000 the difference between each series definitely fell extremely sharply... I wasn't happy with those numbers alone though, so I decided to search for Series #750 as well, which happens to have 31.4k views.

So uhn... From #500 to #750 we got a drop of 26.6k views.
From #750 to #1000 we got a drop of 13k views... As in, about half as big of a drop.

And well, after #1000 the drop in views as you go lower in the series count is actually pretty small, with you needing to make huge jumps in series # in order to get any meaningful drop in total views.

While that's all fine and dandy, those numbers are all pretty useless without some proper comparison with Alexa... So uhn... First thing we need to do is convert the raw numbers to percentage I guess.

Like, series #500 is actually the #500/6250... And stuff like that.

So, the spots for all series I looked up would be...

#500 = Top 8%
#750 = Top 12%
#1000 = Top 16%
#1500 = Top 24%
#2000 = Top 32%
#3000 = Top 48%

Next we need to look at Alexa, who apparently has a database of 30million sites according to a quick google search.

In that case, the top #10000 sites are among the Top 0.03% of the sites, and the Top #100000 sites are among the top 0.3% of the sites...

Uhn... Well, damn. I was planning on making a comparison based on the percentages now, but... To be quite frank, the difference on the database size of Scribbly and Alexa is honestly humongous If we were to make a comparison between Top 0.3% and Top 0.03% in Scribbly, we'd basically be working only with the cream of the crop of the novels, which would basically ruin the whole point of the comparison.

So... My conclusion is the following:

Due to the enormous difference in sheer database size of Scribbly and Alexa, any comparison among drops in popularity among novels and sites due to their position in the ranking according to its relevance when compared to the total database size is quite frankly plain impossible to make. Which means I just wasted time making this post while searching up these numbers.

However, since I don't like deleting stuff after putting effort into them, I'm releasing this as is for anybody that wants to waste their time reading this.

Edit:
After I finished typing out this post, I realized I could just make a google search about the database size of Similarweb to get rid of the doubts on rather or not the difference in ranking is based on database size or not.

... Well, color me amazed, Similarweb actually has 50million sites in their Database, meaning that their Database is actually bigger than Alexa's, not smaller like I originally stated in my first post in this thread.

Which means that, unless the sites in their databases have basically no overlap past the first 1000s (which is extremely unlikely), the different positioning of Scribblehub in both sites is almost guaranteedly due to a difference in the method of measuring popularity.

Welp, at least now this post wasn't a huge wasted effort, hooray me~

Last edited:

Ununique

Messiah of Alternate Accounts.
Due to the enormous difference in sheer database size of Scribbly and Alexa, any comparison among drops in popularity among novels and sites due to their position in the ranking according to its relevance when compared to the total database size is quite frankly plain impossible to make. Which means I just wasted time making this post while searching up these numbers.

However, since I don't like deleting stuff after putting effort into them, I'm releasing this as is for anybody that wants to waste their time reading this.
Congratulations you got me I read it and wasted my time. However, thank you for the update on information regarding these statistics. (Not sarcastic: truly you have added underlying important information to this discussion.)