Scribblehub stats 2

Would you watch if I made 5min youtube video instead next time?

• Yes

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 20302

In general I wanted to drop all the full graphs, as the ocasionall outliers tend to break stuff, but then I thought it might be a good idea to show "pre edit"graph, so that people can see WHY I decided to cut some stuff off.
I see... Have you decided on a video?

I also suggest getting a median graph instead of average stats when it comes to data like this but all up to you though.

Razmatazz

Dungeon Cultist
This is very encouraging data to read, thank you very much for your efforts!

For now I'm looking into how much time it would take to make one.. especially when I don't want to fork money for Adobe suite.
If you mean in regards to video editing software, DaVinci Resolve is free and highly recommended :blob_melt:

witch_sorrowful

Mmm, Monke.
Wow! This is amazing. Where did you get the data from? Or did you actually crawl through metadata of the whole library here?

bigbear51

I dropped novels that had less than 2 000 views, as their ratings seemed completly random. As you can see, most people on this website are quite kind to authors!
I would be more impressed with these numbers until I realize that people can just whine to get 1stars removed.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I would be more impressed with these numbers until I realize that people can just whine to get 1stars removed.
You cannot.

If someone is getting an unusually high amount of 1* ratings, they can report it to Tony and Tony can check out the data to see if there seems to an irregular rating going on (for example, all stories in the front page getting 1* from the same person, or a bunch of BL getting 1* from the same person). Should an irregularity be found, Tony will fix it and remove the rating rights from the person that was causing trouble.

Should no issue be found though, nothing will be done.

Tony doesn't remove ratings by complaints, he only removes ratings of trolls, and only after he is sure that they're trolls.

bigbear51

You cannot.

If someone is getting an unusually high amount of 1* ratings, they can report it to Tony and Tony can check out the data to see if there seems to an irregular rating going on (for example, all stories in the front page getting 1* from the same person, or a bunch of BL getting 1* from the same person). Should an irregularity be found, Tony will fix it and remove the rating rights from the person that was causing trouble.

Should no issue be found though, nothing will be done.

Tony doesn't remove ratings by complaints, he only removes ratings of trolls, and only after he is sure that they're trolls.
At least that's what people believe seeing as we're not Tony. That still doesn't change that is how people react to 1 stars or that there's little reason to even use the rating system of that's the response. Of which is why I say there's nothing impressive with a high average score.

AliceShiki

At least that's what people believe seeing as we're not Tony. That still doesn't change that is how people react to 1 stars or that there's little reason to even use the rating system of that's the response. Of which is why I say there's nothing impressive with a high average score.
I lost your point, but I can assure you that Tony does his job seriously. Maintaing and Developing NU and SH is his job, he doesn't do it half-heartedly.

Agentt

Thighs
Nani ga?
Well, good for you, but like cupcake said,
Eh?

bigbear51

I lost your point, but I can assure you that Tony does his job seriously. Maintaing and Developing NU and SH is his job, he doesn't do it half-heartedly.
Okay fine, since apparently I need to be more clearer. Here's a more simplified version.

There's no reason for people to rate things low (generally 1star) if they're aware that any author can just ask the site owner to check and remove it. And yes, regardless of whether you want to assure me or not, and even if Tony says so himself, that's going to cause people to lose trust in the whole process. That is part of the reason why people say the rating system is useless when it's so pitifully skewed because people also just rate 5 stars to be nice, and they'll never get removed since authors won't feel the need to ask. Because they're not viewed as negative.

AliceShiki

Okay fine, since apparently I need to be more clearer. Here's a more simplified version.

There's no reason for people to rate things low (generally 1star) if they're aware that any author can just ask the site owner to check and remove it. And yes, regardless of whether you want to assure me or not, and even if Tony says so himself, that's going to cause people to lose trust in the whole process. That is part of the reason why people say the rating system is useless when it's so pitifully skewed because people also just rate 5 stars to be nice, and they'll never get removed since authors won't feel the need to ask. Because they're not viewed as negative.
Only a small minority seriously believes that Tony just removes ratings due to people whining, that's not an issue.

People say that ratings are useless because they just don't reflect the quality of the book much. That's the same for NU btw... High ratings just means the average reader doesn't dislike your story.

By a large margin, the most common ratings are 5* and 1*... And 1* are still pretty rare, as people generally don't read stories they think they'll dislike.

Basically, even though we have a star system, it is hardly any different from a like/dislike system like youtube has... And if you pay any attention to youtube videos, you'll see that 99% of them have tons of likes and only a small handful of dislikes... The same happens to Scribbly, which is why the rating system is kinda pointless.

Tony

Staff member

I'm sorry but it hurts my head just reading this. I kinda wish people got their facts straight before spreading lies. I do check ratings if authors ask to check if they are being trolled with fake ratings (clones, fake accounts, etc...) but I've never removed a review/rating just because an author asked :blobrofl:. I've only removed ratings that were fake (clones, fake accounts, etc...) or reviews that violates the review guidelines.

I've even got into fights with authors cause I wouldn't remove a rating/review so I have no clue what kind of lies you're trying to spread.

Reisinling

I'm sorry but it hurts my head just reading this. I kinda wish people got their facts straight before spreading lies. I do check ratings if authors ask to check if they are being trolled with fake ratings (clones, fake accounts, etc...) but I've never removed a review/rating just because an author asked :blobrofl:. I've only removed ratings that were fake (clones, fake accounts, etc...) or reviews that violates the review guidelines.

I've even got into fights with authors cause I wouldn't remove a rating/review so I have no clue what kind of lies you're trying to spread.
Maybe from time to time try posting a thread about what kind of ratings you removed? Like "20 cases of 1 star reviews from one IP" or "10 cases of someone going through bl novels and giving all 1 star"... but then it might only stroke the flames