Scribbler vs Author

Which Role Do You Prefer as an 'Author'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony

Staff member
It seems like some people aren't happy with the new 'Author' role being renamed to 'Scribbler' on discord so I made a poll to get feedback.

Please vote if you want it changed back to 'Author' or want to keep it as 'Scribbler'.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Author is more intuitive, well-defined, and generally has no negative impression like Scribbler.

Scribbler is an author who is bad at their craft, per definition of Cambridge.

Nyanko

The Clawing Chaos, Nyanlathotep
Scribbler is better. It doesn't give me the pressure to write.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
It seems like some people aren't happy with the new 'Author' role being renamed to 'Scribbler' on discord so I made a poll to get feedback.

Please vote if you want it changed back to 'Author'
Well some people are pissy little bitches. I say it doesn't matter. But personally i like scribbler.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I haven't checked out the Discord yet, but mostly because I've been logged into Discord under my legal name for some volunteering. I plan to check it out once the event is all wrapped up and I can log into my pen name account again 😇

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Just change the name of the site to Autho Hub. May you live in interesting times curse. Solving problems give birth to more problems.

Despite the denotation GDLiZy pointed out, the connotation is mixed beans.

scrabbler, one who plays scrabble

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Lmao, I knew it was going to be a matter of time before someone pulled the "well the site is called Scribblehub so the authors/users must be Scribblers!"

I'm just surprised it took this long.

Zero300

A Scribbler is a resident of Scribble Hub kinda like how Americans are residents of America. Thus, any member can be called a Scribbler. Now, an Author is a Scribbler who writes and posts stories. Artist is a Scribbler who draws and posts artwork. Editor is a Scribbler who helps Authors improve their work.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Author is better, if I was new to this website, I would think a scribbler is simply a member of this site and not an author.

And yes people brought up the dictionary definition, but lets be honest, who sits around the internet with a dictionary?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Author. Please, Scribbler sounds like a made up boy's scout badge.