Scribbler vs Author

Which Role Do You Prefer as an 'Author'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
I dare not call myself an Author. I lack the capacity and balls to back it...

Goswick

Drunken Australian
I like Author, wouldn't mind Writer either, but I'm not the biggest fan of Scribbler. Author and Writer get across the general idea that you're writing literature, poetry, etc. However, Scribbler doesn't really remind me of that for some reason - and I imagine that's probably the same for a fair few people.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I didn’t know what a scribbler was in the first place... So I was kind of confused and didn’t know the meaning. Author and Writer are easier to understand than Scribbler for non-native English members.

CommonSense

Why not just use both? like, u get "scribbler" tag for new authors, and after at least ur one of your works/novel get certain amount of reads/views/bookmarks, then u get "author" tag.....
Shouldn't be that hard to implement....
As bonus, it'll be easy to distinguish senior author and new ones.....

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Why did you vote for 'Author' then? I'm confused :blobrofl:
Because Ben-kun is a tsundere of course~

And I didn't vote in the poll as I do not use the official discord, but I agree with the people that want it as Author. It seems more intuitive... To me Scribbler should be a role for any user.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
So what if we change readers to scribblers then?

Attachments

• 1590926190460.png
    1590926190460.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 129

Ace_Arriande

Scribblers unironically better don't @ me
it will forever me one of my greatest regrets to have not known about this poll before it was closed

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Ngl, the title of this thread reminded me of a certain..."individual" who has a...similar name, and my first thought was "oh more drama, huh?" :blob_popcorn:

But alas, I was bamboozled.:blob_whistle_two:

Nothing to see here. Nothing at all~

Old_Man

I am a scribbler but I am also an author. I prefer to be called an author. I mean, my guesswork at interpreting crazy machine text deserves SOME respect...
When the computer is telling me that the monster did a cumshot at the protagonist's party, SOMEONE has to deal with that stuff...

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I am a scribbler but I am also an author. I prefer to be called an author. I mean, my guesswork at interpreting crazy machine text deserves SOME respect...
When the computer is telling me that the monster did a cumshot at the protagonist's party, SOMEONE has to deal with that stuff...
What in thy fucketh are you talking about

JayDirex

Are you kidding? A site like this should not be encouraging people who don't want to finish their novels and barely edit. I am an AUTHOR! I write complete novels and I take pride in structure, grammar, and actual storytelling. I don't scribble!