Scribbly Anniversary Competition

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Banner 1.png

Today is the 1st of January 2020, a new year as well as being the 1 year anniversary for ScribbleHub's launch! Thank you for everyone that has decided to let this place become the home for your stories and thank you for the readers that grace us with their presence. Scribbly Anniversary Competition is a special contest for anyone to enter. Hopefully, this will motivate the authors to work harder. Now, what exactly is the Scribbly Anniversary Competition?

Banner 1 - 2.png

Scribbly Anniversary Competition is a series contest, different from the SSSCs that was hosted before. There's no specific theme to the contest, all you need to do is submit a brand new story on ScribbleHub. After it has been posted, you can select the "Anniversary Competition" contest tag in the story's settings. All entries should be a new story and solely belong on ScribbleHub. It shouldn't have been posted before 1st January or be on other websites. The story does not have to end by the end of the comprtition. Stories that do not comply with the rules will be disqualified.

The winner will be decided by amounts of readers a story gets and the 1st place gets the entirety of the prize pool. In an unlikely situation of a tie, the prize will be split between the winners. The prize will be sent through PayPal or through gift cards.

For those unaware, the story's reader statistic comes from people adding your story to their reading list.

Story Entry List

Banner 1 - 3.png

1. It needs to be a new series and exclusively belong on ScribbleHub during the contest period.​
  2. The series need at least a 45,000-word count by the end of the competition.​
  3. Competition ends on the 1st of April (GMT+0, 11:59 pm).​
  4. You can advertise your story on other social media.​
  5. Do not use any stolen art for your story cover.​
  6. Using bots to increase your statistic will get you disqualified and blacklisted from future competitions.​
  7. No plagiarism.​
  8. Rules are subjected to changes as the competition continues.​
Banner 1 - 4.png

Picture1.pngPicture2.pngThank you to both Ace Arriande and Tony for sponsoring this event! They both contributed $100, bringing the total prize pool to $200. If you want to thanks the sponsors for this contest, do give Ace's stories a read. As well as supporting this site by continuing to write or read the stories here!

The winner's story would get a SH slot on NU for 24 hours! This is a rare chance for any author that want to get their name out there.

Last edited:

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
All entries should be a new story and solely belong on ScribbleHub. It shouldn't have been posted before 1st January or be on other websites.
Is it fine to post the story after April 1st on other websites?

Also, do sequel/prequels count as a new story? What about same universe, or borrowing a few major/minor characters? Are complete rewrites considered new stories?

Is posting on Patreon okay for this competition?

What if I made a slightly different version (e.g. removing all weeb references and "Americanizing" the story) and posted that elsewhere? Does that violate the rules? What if I write in parallel the "same story," but written in a completely different POV, making it seem very different? What if I posted the story in another language while the competition is going?

What if I've written 10k words already, but never posted it anywhere? Is that fine?

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Is it fine to post the story after April 1st on other websites?
Yes

Also, do sequel/prequels count as a new story? What about same universe, or borrowing a few major/minor characters? Are complete rewrites considered new stories?
Can't be part of an existing series.

Is posting on Patreon okay for this competition?
Story has to solely exist on ScribbleHub so it shouldn't be on patreon.

What if I made a slightly different version (e.g. removing all weeb references and "Americanizing" the story) and posted that elsewhere? Does that violate the rules? What if I write in parallel the "same story," but written in a completely different POV, making it seem very different? What if I posted the story in another language while the competition is going?
Simply alternating a story does not make it a new story for this competition.

What if I've written 10k words already, but never posted it anywhere? Is that fine?
There's no way to check when the story was written if it has never been posted. As long as the story haven't been posted anywhere before, you can submit it for the competition.

Kotohood

Noob Author
Looks interesting, just want some clarification.

Does stories with shared universe counts? Like stories aren't related to each other, but there are terms that I use for both of the story. Like the name of a race and the name of skills etc.

Is it allowed that I gain monetary benefit during the competition? Like say if people wants to donate to me through Pay pal and Patreon(Advance chapters and stuff).

Edit: Deleted some questions as already been answered.

Last edited:

GhostyZ

Just give me the money already. Easy win for me.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
stories with shared universe counts? Like stories aren't related to each other, but there are terms that I use for both of the story. Like the name of a race and the name of skills etc.
The story shouldn't be in an existing series but using similar or same terminology is perfectly fine.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
The winner's story would get a SH slot on NU for 24 hours! This is a rare chance for any author that want to get their name out there.

MrDarkness1234

Dark Matter of All Evil
Well damn this time count me in cause I could definitely do that cause the shit I just finished up writing my fight Sence and all I have to do is edit it and work on some other writing projects after that 2 month hitatus It caused me

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
I'd go for this, but sadly I have plans. '^^ Submitting to Royal Road is important even though they're slow to approve. It's not a bad opportunity but I also intend to release to Amazon inside about half a year. It's great timing for it, anyhow! =^.^=

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Does stolen art solely refer to cover/fan arts or to anime character images as well?
Stolen art refer to using the art without the artist consent. As long as you got the person that drew the art permission in using it for the cover then that's fine.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Will there be prizes for 2nd place and 3rd place winners? Like a badge or a blob for the forums?

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
Sounds interesting, but I literally just started another story on Ao3 and I don't want to split my attention... Too bad because I know exactly what I'd enter if I participated, dang :c

(Also as if I'm gonna reach 45k words in 4 months. I'm a slow writer.)

FriendlyDragon

Your friendly local dragon~
; - ; I want to participate but my story right now is taking precedence. Maybe next time if this comes around again. I would have more time to plan as well. >.>

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I want the contest to end exactly at the 1st of April, only to have Tony and Ace have a sudden Skype call with the winner and announce that it was all a big April Fools and livestream the winner offing himself via a kiss with his 20 gauge shotgun.

ddrhckrzz

I want the contest to end exactly at the 1st of April, only to have Tony and Ace have a sudden Skype call with the winner and announce that it was all a big April Fools and livestream the winner offing himself via a kiss with his 20 gauge shotgun.
... bruh