Scribbly Anniversary Competition

Killerbee

What if we take a similar premise. Like writing about showbiz and taking inspiration from other stories but using different characters and themes.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
What if we take a similar premise. Like writing about showbiz and taking inspiration from other stories but using different characters and themes.
Similar premise are fine as long as the story doesn't have a direct connection to an existing stories (sequel/prequel aren't allowed)

ChidubemOvute

Please I have a suggestion on the Anniversary Short story competition,Who do I talk to?

OmegaLKSG

Hm, what if for example, I had one or two chapters of the story in another site but nothing further while the rest would only be posted in scribble hub exclusively. If those chapters were removed, would it still qualify for the contest?

Zero300

can the story be a record of battles with some filler scenes connecting each battle?

Polpota

What is the maximum amount of entries I’m allowed to have at one time? Is there a maximum word count? I started four stories today and I’m working on a back log so if there’s a max I want to focus on just the ones I like. I know this hurts my odds if I do have more than one story.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Hm, what if for example, I had one or two chapters of the story in another site but nothing further while the rest would only be posted in scribble hub exclusively. If those chapters were removed, would it still qualify for the contest?
If it's only have one or two chapter and they get deleted then that's fine. The story should have not been posted before January though.

What is the maximum amount of entries I’m allowed to have at one time? Is there a maximum word count? I started four stories today and I’m working on a back log so if there’s a max I want to focus on just the ones I like. I know this hurts my odds if I do have more than one story.
There's no max word count or entry limit.

can the story be a record of battles with some filler scenes connecting each battle?
Yes? I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. As long as the story isn't part of an existing series. It's fine.

Zero300

If it's only have one or two chapter and they get deleted then that's fine. The story should have not been posted before January though.

There's no max word count or entry limit.

Yes? I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. As long as the story isn't part of an existing series. It's fine.
Can we favorite our own story?

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Who owns the copyright? If the author doesn't win or does win, can the author withdraw the story from scribblehub after the contest is done?

And also how many titles can a single author submit?

Last edited:

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Can we favorite our own story?
Yeah but favourite doesn't do anything.

Who owns the copyright? If the author doesn't win or does win, can the author withdraw the story from scribblehub after the contest is done?

And also how many titles can a single author submit?
You own the right, and yes the author can withdraw the story.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
What about me giving my story a 5 star rating?
The only thing that counts for the ranking in the competition is the amount of readers you have. However, creating counterfeit or burner accounts specifically to aid your reader count is against the rules and will have your story disqualified.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
It's around the half-way point of this competition now, I just want to thank you to everyone that's participating in the competition! :blob_hide: