Scribbly Anniversary V2

zac_k4ry

Wait, I can't enter with a story written before 31st December? That's kinda lame, dude ;-;

Since then, read this--
Spyral Diary.jpg

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
If you've already posted the original story before on another website then it's not allowed. However, if you've never post the original story then it's fine.
What if you deleted this story at 10 chapters but lost the 10th and it has been two years you’ve written anything. Rip chapter 10. And oh! Yeah you’ve deleted the story from all websites?? I originally uploaded it to SH when it started. Two Years is enough for anyone to forget a story. Kek.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
What if you deleted this story at 10 chapters but lost the 10th and it has been two years you’ve written anything. Rip chapter 10. And oh! Yeah you’ve deleted the story from all websites?? I originally uploaded it to SH when it started. Two Years is enough for anyone to forget a story. Kek.
According to the rules, it doesn't qualify.

D

Deleted member 45782

The image needs both the source listed and permission to use the image.
Curious what if it's an image on sites like no attribution required and images are free to use? (pixabay/pexel/unsplash).
(like if we modify/use an image for cover and still will list the original source) it says no attribution required, but we will still need ask permission the image right? just double checking.

Also, just wondering what if we created an image using paint3d model templates (provided within the app) to form into one image? (just throwing out a question here, out of curiosity). the templates are not by us, but the image is. like say, combining a few tree models/stickers to make it into forest and stuff for one image? or like using clipart to form into one image? would that count as an image we created or no, because we did use templates to form that image?

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Also, just wondering what if we created an image using paint3d model templates (provided within the app) to form into one image? (just throwing out a question here, out of curiosity). the templates are not by us, but the image is. like say, combining a few tree models/stickers to make it into forest and stuff for one image? or like using clipart to form into one image? would that count as an image we created or no, because we did use templates to form that image?
As long as those templates are free to use then I think there’s not any difference from using stock photos (that are free or you paid for)

D

Deleted member 45782

As long as those templates are free to use then I think there’s not any difference from using stock photos (that are free or you paid for)
Got it. Yeah they are free templates within the software paint3d.

bigbear51

I'm a little surprised that there's not more stories in the contest tag right now. Since there's really no limit to the type of story that can be written, I would've thought that more people might've just applied it just to see what might happen with how many have been published this last month.

DarkGodEM

Book Editor
I'm a little surprised that there's not more stories in the contest tag right now. Since there's really no limit to the type of story that can be written, I would've thought that more people might've just applied it just to see what might happen with how many have been published this last month.
RIGHT!? I'm guessing a lot of them are not from SH and only use it as another platform they barely look at.

Reisinling

I would like to use this moment to congratulate myself for getting to the first page of the contest, without Smut, romance , or genderbender. (Please ignore the litrpg tag)

RIGHT!? I'm guessing a lot of them are not from SH and only use it as another platform they barely look at.
Well it's more that it doesn't make much sense to do otherwise. It's pretty much impossible to get to the top five by now, and there is not much else to be gained. I think it would motivate more people if like 1 spot in the "trending" box was reserved for people in the contest, or something. Because if you just enjoy people reading your story, releasing on scribblehub only is a pretty big block.

DarkGodEM

Book Editor
I would like to use this moment to congratulate myself for getting to the first page of the contest, without Smut, romance , or genderbender. (Please ignore the litrpg tag)

Well it's more that it doesn't make much sense to do otherwise. It's pretty much impossible to get to the top five by now, and there is not much else to be gained. I think it would motivate more people if like 1 spot in the "trending" box was reserved for people in the contest, or something. Because if you just enjoy people reading your story, releasing on scribblehub only is a pretty big block.
Royal Princess of Blood also has none of them tho... Still, congrats

D

Deleted member 20302

I haven't entered and still considering but I'm just curious. How about things like waifu labs or Artbreeder? How can we list their source when there's no way to link them? Technically we made our own with using AI.

bigbear51

I haven't entered and still considering but I'm just curious. How about things like waifu labs or Artbreeder? How can we list their source when there's no way to link them? Technically we made our own with using AI.
Really just mentioned that it's created through that. It's not stolen art so there's really not a concern about it.

Remuria

Artbreeder image's license is cc0 or public domain if I recall correctly. So, it is free to use, even in comercial use case. Just credit it so the staff member know that you didn't stole it from somewhere.

D

Deleted member 20302

Really just mentioned that it's created through that. It's not stolen art so there's really not a concern about it.

Artbreeder image's license is cc0 or public domain if I recall correctly. So, it is free to use, even in comercial use case. Just credit it so the staff member know that you didn't stole it from somewhere.
Thank you to both of you!
Though I think most authors know by now that it's quite hopeless, seeing how fierce the top 5 books are trying to compete among one another. The amount of daily chapters released is something the majority of the authors would probably have trouble matching up.

bigbear51

Though I think most authors know by now that it's quite hopeless, seeing how fierce the top 5 books are trying to compete among one another. The amount of daily chapters released is something the majority of the authors would probably have trouble matching up.
You're right, that's what I was seeing when I was thinking of creating my own story. Honestly, even though I'm certain I won't win, I'm really glad to have tried it out. There's been really kind people commenting on it on there or my discord. So I think it's a very worthwhile experience and it's been fun so far for me.

D

Deleted member 20302

You're right, that's what I was seeing when I was thinking of creating my own story. Honestly, even though I'm certain I won't win, I'm really glad to have tried it out. There's been really kind people commenting on it on there or my discord. So I think it's a very worthwhile experience and it's been fun so far for me.
I agree. Everyone can just partake in it just to see where you stand in a site contest. Writing is supposed to be for fun (unless you write for work). Even if you didn't win, it's still can give a slight motivation/challenge for you to indulge in.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
@Alverost
Just wondering is this for single story is anthology with a central theme allowed? For example, Ai-chan has a Shit Anthology with all the stories in there sharing the central theme of 'shit', both literally and metaphorically. A few of the stories in there are connected but most aren't. Is this allowed?

Lacy

Winning may be hopeless, (I'm going to root for my friend,) but I don't think I would have gotten to the reader numbers I currently have for my story if I had not joined the Adventum contest and gotten some of the exposure from it.