Scribbly Anniversary V2

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
SA.png

Another year gone by in a quick jift, albeit it's been a rough experience for the majority of us. So let's flip the next chapter on this ongoing saga. TLDR: Scribbly Anniversary V2.

Once again, this competition is sponsored by our lord and saviour, Tony and the faithful author-king Ace Arriande. Their generous souls have upped the prize pool by two by both doubling their support, bringing a total to 400$.

Of course, the monetary prize is just second place to the real prize which is a 24-hour sticky on our sister website, NovelUpdates.

Information & FAQ.png

Similar to the very first Scribbly Anniversary, this competition has no theme since our aim is to celebrate another milestone in this long journey.

Well first of all, how do you enter? First you upload a story onto ScribbleHub. Then proceed to your story dashboard, upon scrolling to the bottom you'll find the contest section. Select the contest tag to enter the contest.

Here's the list of contest entries: https://www.scribblehub.com/contest/Scribbly-Anniversary-V2/

As all my long-series contest go, your story entries have to be a ScribbleHub time exclusive for the duration of the contest.

Here are some of the most frequently asked questions:
Q: Is it fine to post the story elsewhere after the competition ends?

A: Yes, you can post the story anywhere after the contest has concluded. However, the story will be disqualified if the story is posted on other platforms before the conclusion of the contest.

Q: Can I use an alternate/spin-off/fanfic of an existing story?

A: No, you can not. It must be an original story with no link to an existing story/world.

Q: What if I’ve written a story that fits the requirement but never posted it before?

A: Since there’s no way for us to check when you wrote the story, as long as you’ve never posted it anywhere else before, it is perfectly fine to use it as a contest entry.

Q: Can I post the story on Patreon to earn money from it during the contest? (Advanced chapters)

A: You can use advanced chapters. However, your story will solely be judged based on what you’ve posted on ScribbleHub!

Q: Can we get badges/titles?

A: This is currently not an available mean of giving out prize.

Q: Is there a max word count and can I submit more than once?

A: There is no max word count and yes you can submit more than once.

Q: Who would own the copyright to the story?

A: You authors will retain all the right to the story.

Q: Can I advertise the story?

A: Yes you definitely can!

Rules.png

1. Has to be an original story, exclusive to SH for the duration of the contest.
  2. Series need to reach 40,000-word count by 1st April 11:59 PM (GMT+7).
  3. Have not been posted before the 31st of December.
  4. Do not use stolen artwork for your story cover. (You must state the source of your art in the synopsis) - If no source is stated, your story will be removed from the contest.
  5. Using bots to increase your statistic will get you disqualified and blacklisted from future competitions.
  6. No Plagiarism
  7. Winner of this contest will not be awarded a prize for the next subsequent contest.
    1. Winners of the Metus contest can still participate in this contest but won’t be given a prize.
  8. Rules are subjected to change as the contest progresses.

Prize.png

As mentioned before, these competitions have been made possible through the generous donations and sponsorship of @Ace_Arriande and @Tony. Now let's talk about how the prizes are given out.

Reader Count Ranking:
  1. 200$ + 24 Hour NovelUpdate Sticky
  2. 100$
  3. 50$
  4. 50$

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Trending chan gonna get abused again.

May the best smut win.

EDIT: hey kiddo, did you know that https://waifulabs.com/ is a site which generates anime girls for you? You can use it to make a nice anime cover for this competition! At least that's what most of the top contenders of the last competition used.

Last edited:

CautiousTitan

Tentacle, Merchant, and Telekinesis Expert
3 months to write 40k words?

I'm in

Last edited:

LostLibrarian

4 months to write 40k words?
Hope your words come out better than your math xP
Welcome back :D

Will probably enter this one to motivate me to write more again.
Have an idea I want to try although it probably won't get anywhere near the top-spots (no smut) xD

Scribbler

Guys, I know it's sucky that smuthub is smuthub, but, like, you know, all platforms have their trends. Royalroad is litrpgroad, and wattpad is YApad.

It sucks if you don't love/specialize in any of those genres, but there's not much the minority can do about how the masses choose to express themselves. I don't know what I'm trying to say.

LostLibrarian

I don't know what I'm trying to say.
Honestly, it's also way too early to really call it "smuthub". The whole trend is what... 2 (?) months old. All over the summer we had people complaining about harem/litrpg in the trending, after that was girl's love in combination with that. No smut at all in sight...

People copy what they (a) enjoy and (b) see is successful. So we have a lot of early trending smut stories that started in the last weeks. But right now we have 1 smut story in the frontpage trending. And 5 litrpg.

At this point "smuthub" is more of a meme than a reality. And when people get tired of nicely started smut-stories that die out/become boring after 20 chapters, we'll see the next trend people will complain about :D

And compared to other sites, where thanks to the size only the main genres have a good shot at trending, here in SH any decent story has a good shot at trending with some work and patience...

MorgueAnna

Is scribble hub 2 years old already? In some ways it feels like it should be older but also younger. Time sure feels odd. Good luck to everyone entering the competition!

It's hard to believe this year has passed, so onward to the next.

Last edited:

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Nice. Cheers to all of us. Let's see what will sprout in this contest. Maybe I'll jump into the prize pool next time too :blob_hmm: Unless only Ace is allowed :blob_hide:

ArcanePunkster

Don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I'm not getting a contest tab option from the web novel that I start to plan publishing chapters for soon.

CL

Am I being blind? I haven't discovered the theme for this contest.