Second novel, what do you think?

Kirbyisgreen

Here is my second novel, please take a look!

This novel is my take on a mainstream (non-smut) xianxia/xuanhuan cultivation novel. There won't be transmigration, reincarnation, or a system. The MC will have an OP cheat power but it is all completely enclosed within the world. Romance will be emphasized, as well as harem, but the harem won't be too big. Max will be three or four. I am also aiming for major story arcs that have a beginning/middle/end and can be satisfactory stories in their own right. It won't be an endless treadmill of cliches like other webnovels. My aim is to have story arcs around 100 chapters in length and perhaps seven arcs. Beginning is slow paced but aims to develop characters that the reader can become invested in.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Xianxia, Mature, Martial Arts, Romance, Harem(edited)

Tags: Alchemy, Accelerated Growth, Average-looking Protagonist, Beautiful Female Lead, Carefree Protagonist, Cultivation, Demons, Eye Powers, Fat Protagonist, Army Building, Love Rivals, Loyal Subordinates, Merchants, Money Grubber, Nobles, Polygamy, Protagonist Falls in Love First, Romantic Subplot, Poor to Rich, Strong love interests, Weak to Strong

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Here is my second novel, please take a look!

This novel is my take on a mainstream (non-smut) xianxia/xuanhuan cultivation novel. There won't be transmigration, reincarnation, or a system. The MC will have an OP cheat power but it is all completely enclosed within the world. Romance will be emphasized, as well as harem, but the harem won't be too big. Max will be three or four. I am also aiming for major story arcs that have a beginning/middle/end and can be satisfactory stories in their own right. It won't be an endless treadmill of cliches like other webnovels. My aim is to have story arcs around 100 chapters in length and perhaps seven arcs. Beginning is slow paced but aims to develop characters that the reader can become invested in.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Xianxia, Mature, Martial Arts, Romance, Harem(edited)

Tags: Alchemy, Accelerated Growth, Average-looking Protagonist, Beautiful Female Lead, Carefree Protagonist, Cultivation, Demons, Eye Powers, Fat Protagonist, Army Building, Love Rivals, Loyal Subordinates, Merchants, Money Grubber, Nobles, Polygamy, Protagonist Falls in Love First, Romantic Subplot, Poor to Rich, Strong love interests, Weak to Strong
Only advice I have since I'm a firm discourager in people writing Xianxia...do not do the fucking pill thing. Just don't. I'm serious. It makes no sense and it is THE BIGGEST cop-out in terms of power-ups for MC's. Sadly, I just noticed the alchemy in the tags so I have a feeling you're planning on it anyway.

*Sigh*

Kirbyisgreen

Only advice I have since I'm a firm discourager in people writing Xianxia...do not do the fucking pill thing. Just don't. I'm serious. It makes no sense and it is THE BIGGEST cop-out in terms of power-ups for MC's. Sadly, I just noticed the alchemy in the tags so I have a feeling you're planning on it anyway.

*Sigh*

Well I can sort of understand your frustration with regards to the generic xianxia treadmill. Your complaint about pills can really apply to all the random things that the MC finds or runs into by pure blind luck in order to power up and move the story along. It's kind of a symptom of the story trope...

But my aim isn't to recreate a xianxia treadmill. I am doing a lot of outlining and making sure the arcs have a beginning middle and end and take a western approach to storytelling that focuses on character development and character growth instead of face slapping. The treasures the MC finds with his OP power will hopefully be more satisfactory as I try to weave it into the main plot and make it have lasting impact on the characters and the world. Meaning, it won't be a one and done deal.

I can't say how successful I will be, but I am trying :).