Secret of Mana makes me cry :)

kiisakimaki

I've been playing secret of mana on the Super Nintendo for the past three days and can I just say: What the hell is the 'mini boss' fight with the werewolves. It's completely unfair and even attempting it with new armour and weapons does basically nothing. They heal themselves every few seconds, and they are insanely hard to kill. The hit box is horrid, and the way they attack is nothing but annoying. Can someone please provide some tips on how to defeat them, I've been stuck here forever.
If you don't have a visual on just how annoyingly hard they are, I've provided this youtube video I found:

kiisakimaki

Thank you for that guys. But there's absolutely no way to complete this mini boss without changing something I'm doing, but I can't change anything because I don't know what to change. I was asking for advice :cries in a corner:

HandsomeProtagonist

Overqualified Chess Novelist
If you've played Ys Chronicles then what you are complaining about is child's play - either see if you are under-leveled so that you can load somewhere else and grind (if there is no grinding point, then it's basically luck and hard work), understand the enemy pattern and find their weaknesses (start learning through guides and videos and stop complaining), saving and loading to different parts of the story to change something that might avoid you from your current situation.

Unfortunately, I haven't really played the Secret of Mana so I don't have anything better about it to say - but basic pointers that everyone knows. I can only assume that if this is really making you cry, then it's the tendency of difficulty might be the same as games that I've played.

Last edited:

kiisakimaki

There are no guides. The patterns to their attacks are randomized and scattered everytime you enter. And last night I leveled up to 9 (which is way higher a level than I should be considering this is the first mini boss and first ever 'real' fight.) I went back to one of the towns and even bought upgrades. I bought chain armour and many candy's (candy is health in this game) But that only reduced the damage I took by about 10. I can't buy anything else because there is nothing else my character could wear. And all over reddit people are saying to bring the girl from the Water Palace, but that isn't possible anymore in my save of the game. The other girl I had as a companion left my side when I entered the Underground. All I'm asking is for some tips. And leveling up is a game of luck. :sigh: Nevermind. I wrote all that previously, but I certainly don't want to just delete it. I'll just figure something else out. None of you would understand if you haven't played.
Idea. Just don't die
thanks.