Secret of Mana makes me cry :)

• Thread starter Deleted member 52055
  • Start date

Jemini

and i'm not a guy.
Default assumed internet gender. :blob_awkward:

Anyway, yeah. That's pretty common for 1st time players in this game. If hitting up the town before Gia's navel and getting the better armor there doesn't help, the best I can offer is to go through the cave solo and hit the dwarf village.

I am afraid I don't have enough editing skills to record myself playing this, otherwise I would show you how I handle distance. But, the key things to keep in mind are that you need to keep them stun locked in order to prevent the healing. However, just spamming attacks on them is not the ticket to victory. The game seems to have a protection against that where if you keep it up they will eventually break out of it.

2 more tips, if you are just not dealing enough damage to take them out before they heal, then if you can at least keep yourself alive and keep dealing damage then they will eventually run out of spell power.

I don't know how much you can trust it, but I just looked up a bestiary and it says these guys only have 6 MP. The cure water spell takes 2 MP. So, assuming the beastiary is right and the game isn't cheating and giving them a 1 MP version of the spell, they can only cast it 3 times each. So, that's not all that absurdly unreasonable.

One more thing, you can damage them during spell animations. The numbers will not register immediately, but it will trigger after the animation finishes. So, go ahead and wail on them while they are in the middle of healing up.