Secret to Trending Through Observation of Some Novels

Rage of the Queen of Darkness (wtf?)
Rampage of the Duchess (rip)
wait, nvm. :sweating_profusely:

DemonOppai

Yandere’s Lover Corpse Collector
Must be why my story isn’t on trending 😂😂.

watch me change it to Raping the guy inside the slave girls body jk 😋😋

JohnHKnight

This is kinda sad. There are a tons of excellent, well written, character driven stories out there that will never get the popularity it deserves because most people will read the same exact story about an anime girl with huge boobs over and over again, with different names and settings. Even though art is based on demand and supply, just as business, writers shouldn't be given the choice of remain unnoticed or writing someone they don't like or enjoy.

The same thing happening in "real life": most people never heard of Kurt Vonnegut, Ray Bradbury, Neil Gaiman or William Goldman but they are fangirling/boying all over the new Twillight book which is the exact f*cking same story only from a different point of view. Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Angry_Clown

@JohnHKnight well, judging by myself, not every person even remembers the author's name. Out of the names you provided I recognized none, yet I read and liked Stardust (by Gaiman). Not everyone consumes contemporary and/or horror novels as well.

It always irks me when I see people lamenting about how their preferred works "don't get the popularity they deserve". Nobody deserves shit. The popularity of certain books is either hard work of the marketing team or clever cunning on the part of the author playing on their audience's preferences. Or both.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
This is kinda sad. There are a tons of excellent, well written, character driven stories out there that will never get the popularity it deserves because most people will read the same exact story about an anime girl with huge boobs over and over again, with different names and settings. Even though art is based on demand and supply, just as business, writers shouldn't be given the choice of remain unnoticed or writing someone they don't like or enjoy.

The same thing happening in "real life": most people never heard of Kurt Vonnegut, Ray Bradbury, Neil Gaiman or William Goldman but they are fangirling/boying all over the new Twillight book which is the exact f*cking same story only from a different point of view. Ridiculous.

Ooh, I know who Ray Bradbury is!

"Those books are eerie as shit man I just came to get my rocks off chill." Is what I believe to be the thought process of anyone and everyone who doesn't care about giving certain writers their due respects.

The Veldt is good pretty though.

UYScuti

Helium Fuser
shit.....
had just finished writing a new work with thousands of words......but the title is with 'S'.......'Slave world?'

RE: Slave World?
Reincarnated by the god of lust into a slave world with my own harem of monster girls in heat.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I'm going to keep that in mind for when I commission a cover :ROFLMAO:
I don't think my current illustrations have quite that "waifu" energy.

ForestDweller

After my observation of the past few weeks, I've concluded that there is a definite way to gain a massive amount of readers and success, hugely increasing the chance to go on trending. Here are the three which I've selected to illustrate my point.

View attachment 4223

The first novel has 900 readers. The second has 250 readers. The third has 670 readers. The waifulab is a site for picking computer-generated anime girls for your personal uses. The site is convenient and easy to access and use: just go in and try picking a few you like. With just a few clicks, you now have yourself an original waifu, which can be used in many, many ways.

Anyway, enough with the nonsense out of topic advertisement, the real reason for the success of the novels is because of the Capital R which is the first letter of their titles.

Reincarnation of a Worthless Man has 1300 readers
Reborn as the Duke’s Daughter ~ The Goddesses are Ruining my Life! has 800 readers
Re: Rabbit Eyes (A Yandere Harem) has 1580 readers

So, make your novel title's first letter the capital R and you will gain a monstrous amount of readers and popularity.

Hey, my novel barely gets into trending these days. :p

TheHelpfulFawn

A small animal that helps you with your groceries
Lol waifu labs. No wonder some of these covers look kinda the same.

Jamminrabbit

This isn't a secret in any means. Everyone knows. To truly reflect what happens there, you can change the name Trending to Pandering.
Every form of entertainment is some sort of pandering. So...

GhostyZ

Funny how true this post is. But you forgot that the genre/tag girls love brings in a lot of views. That and Genderbent.

bigbear51

Dang and I just posted a new story with a waifu lab cover. Still got the watermark, but I did put my own poor editing for the title 🤣.

I don't know about the other guys. But I just can't draw well (should probably learn a little) and didn't want to ask anyone to make one. It's a bit dumb, but I just want to write, that's all.

Ral

Every form of entertainment is some sort of pandering. So...
Not really. There are many that are just made for their own sake and some that are deliberately made to go against what is popular and what is acceptable. These however get the checklist of what is popular and try to check as much as possible. That is pandering.