See All Readers

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Can we? As of now, we are only allowed to see the 15(?) most recent readers. It would really help if I could tell if some advice I am being given with PMs is by trolls or just actual readers... There could be a drop down that would show every 15 readers every time you clicked.

Example:

No click= 15 readers shown
1 click= 30 readers shown
2= 45 readers shown

and it could keep going on and on until you reach the total readers you have. If your total number of readers doesn't end in a number that is divisible by 15.... then just show the remaining readers.

Just a way to tell who is who.

Mihou

Firefly—
There is an issue with this idea, the fact that SH allows readers to have some privacy by hiding their reading list only to be caught by this feature.

Personally, I don't mind but some may argue about privacy issues (even the current is infringing a bit especially when you add a lot of users have their profile disabled or reading list hidden). There were also other requests similar to this that have now been forgotten these days.

Last edited:

nosinkarma

There is an issue with this idea, the fact that SH allows readers to have some privacy but hiding their reading list only to be caught by this feature.

Personally, I don't mind but some may argue about privacy issues (even the current is infringing a bit especially when you add a lot of users have their profile disabled or reading list hidden). There were also other requests similar to this that have now been forgotten these days.
You can see someone's reading list on their profile already afaik

Mihou

Firefly—
You can see someone's reading list on their profile already afaik
Yes, you can but there is an option where you can opt to hide your reading list on your profile. This can be found on the Reading List setting itself. (Hide from Public Reading List) and also, you can disable your profile which in a way hides everything from others.
1618135591081.png

There is also this which will disable your reading list all together (from others viewing, you will still be able to view it):
1618135674868.png

CadmarLegend

There is an issue with this idea, the fact that SH allows readers to have some privacy by hiding their reading list only to be caught by this feature.

Then we could do a system where it only shows the readers that don't want to be hidden, and the hidden readers... well, you can at least KNOW they are there if you subtract the number of readers you can see versus the total number of readres you have...

for example, your story has a total of 105 readers, and you can only see 100 of them... then just subtract and you find 5 of them are hidden readers...now, out of those hidden readers, I really doubt that a troll will do all that... from hiding their reading list to even ADDING my story to their reading list ...

Leti

Then we could do a system where it only shows the readers that don't want to be hidden, and the hidden readers... well, you can at least KNOW they are there if you subtract the number of readers you can see versus the total number of readres you have...

for example, your story has a total of 105 readers, and you can only see 100 of them... then just subtract and you find 5 of them are hidden readers...now, out of those hidden readers, I really doubt that a troll will do all that... from hiding their reading list to even ADDING my story to their reading list ...
How about, instead of showing all readers on the publicly visible Statistics tab of the Story's Page, we show them on the Statistics tab of the Story's Dashboard instead? That way, no one else other than the author can see them.

So, instead of placing it on the Recent Readers, we place it here instead:
IMG_20210412_183510.jpg

Last edited:

CadmarLegend

How about, instead of showing all readers on the publicly visible Statistics tab of the Story's Page, we show them on the Statistics tab of the Story's Dashboard instead? That way, no one else other than the author can see them.

YES

CadmarLegend

Only if the extended list can only be seen by the author

This choice...