Self doubt

Kitsura

Honestly, you would think after getting trending a few times I would at least a be little more confident in my own work. I'm surprised I'm so big, my books started out as a joke after I read "weakest mage", But no, I literally agonize every day.

"Am I fucking up the plot?"

"Is there enough development?"

"Is this character even likable?"

So anyway, Idk I'm kinda rambling posting here. I think my writing is trash I guess or something like that...

SailusGebel

Honestly, you would think after getting trending a few times I would at least a be little more confident in my own work. I'm surprised I'm so big, my books started out as a joke after I read "weakest mage", But no, I literally agonize every day.

So anyway, Idk I'm kinda rambling posting here. I think my writing is trash I guess or something like that...
Probably because your views\amount of comments are dropping. Release an announcement and ask your readers if you should continue writing. If you want to continue writing despite everything, then why do you even ask these questions?

EternalSunset0

I think it happens to the best of people. I guess part of it due to the ongoing nature of web serials. Unless you close the series and see that the views are good, there's always the risk of messing up something along the way.

Personally, I would just look to past successes and try to build some confidence that you can get something done at least. Probably won't erase the doubts, but at least there's something to make yourself feel better.

Agentt

Thighs
Puppie.
You know how much I despise your success,
Yet, for the entire 2 years I have been here, I had that thought for only once.
It was my first work, and actually the very reason I joined this site.
Not only did it lost readers everyday, even I felt that I am not doing justice to the work.

The plot is awesome, however, I am too bad at writing.
So, I deleted it.

Every work I have written till now, is just practice for that one. I had the idea on August 2019, and have been practicing till now because I still feel like i am way too bad at writing.

You on the other hand have been blessed by the gods. Appreciate it. The only reason you are having these thoughts is because you are not selfish or arrogant.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
As a writer for like... 8 years? Honestly, its quite straining for me who had been writing for so long and most of my works haven't really been long due to complications with real life. I want to continue writing and motivate myself to keep going but for so long, I only had reached about like.... 50+ chapters at most and it was a really short chapter as well. Most of them are not even completed and I always reach a bottleneck that I couldn't develop the novels well, that I might stumble and mess up by making it complicated as it is.

I once tried writing a list to where to add or characters to be added in and the longer I write, the more I feel like writing doesn't satisfy me as much as drawing. I have been a comic artist before switching to novelist but because of how easy it was to write, I switch to novelist. However, writing longer novels always made me hit up a wall somewhere that I don't know where the novel is heading towards. I have the start and end but don't really have a middlepoint and its already a miracle for me to write a novel for 50 chapters before I hit up the bottleneck.

TL;DR - Got a bit bored and just procrastinate on Scribblehub. Just had some complications in RL and I just feel slump about writing and just want to relax.

MarekSusicky

Same with me Puppie. I have been writing since I can remember, but that wasn't in english - heck I couldn't even speak in english a few years ago - so the antics of english bothers me a lot. Sometimes I wonder if some random "stupid" sentence I wrote is correct. Try googling tips and you get answers like "read it out loud", hah. Nice, in my language you can rearrange words (almost) any way you like it and it still works, lol. [this Is way correct write to sentence, it isn't?] ... Oh, I'm rambling. Oupsie.

... I like your work, so... good job and keep up at it? :blob_hide:

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery

Just don't press X

morhamza

Oho. I feel the same, and it is distressing to see that even with success that feeling doesn't go away. I've been working hard to convince myself I'm not that bad a writer, my story just isn't popular. Well, I guess I better make peace with this feeling then. I'm going to become best buds with it.

Derin_Edala

Self-critique is useful for improving skills, but if doubt is causing problems for you and affecting you negatively, you can straightup just decide not to care for a bit. You can just be like, "eh, maybe it's garbage, maybe it isn't, who knows? The audience clearly like reading it." This kind of doubt is only useful in smallamounts and when you have some idea of what might be wrong; irrational doubt just holds you back. You totally can just decide not to care and say "I will post garbage today". It'll usually turn out that it wasn't garbage.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Thinking too much pessimistically can only be a means of an end. Of course, trying to deeply understand what must be done is necessary, but not to the point that you're becoming paranoid over whether it is good or not. In my case, try following the flowchart—simply writing with minimal plot. Why does it matter if you have to make everything good or sufficient? Is it gonna rake you some viewers or comments? That's some wishful thinking... derp.

Now git gud.