Sell Me Your Story in 3 Sentences or Less

BackWoodsJ_ACK

Birbs, dog, and burbers
Story: Return of an Unlikely Hero

About a war weary, mentally and physically scarred former hero who returned to earth only for his past crimes to catch up with him, resulting in him going to prison for murder, attempted murder and a misdemeanor for drug possession, all at the physical age of 14 but mental age of 17.

MC serves three years in prison before reluctantly be summoned again with his childhood friend and her best friend.

The MC, for the greater good, has no qualms about using extreme violence or playing dirty to get what he needs, whether it's kidnapping and doing ransom or torturing for information, but despite this, he's an all around nice guy who's ultimate goal is to do what he couldn't do the first time as a hero, meet girls and have a nice vacation!

"Yes, he's a villain. But he was our villain"

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
Just as it sounds, give the name of your story, then sell it to me within 3 sentences. Yes, they must be coherent, complete sentences.

Don't give me a synopsis of the plot, tell me why your story is unique from everyone else's, or why someone should give it a try.

You can be creative. Maybe give a sense of your writing style? Who knows. Heck, you can even simply post a snippet or quote from your story that you're particularly proud of. As a writer myself, I'm sure quite a lot of people have that one thing that makes you go, "Damn, I really can write well, huh?" So post it.

As long as it's all within 3 sentences.

"Inserting snippet"

An early morning spent gawking at giant floating castles made of reflective metal was certainly a morning spent uniquely for Duke. Especially when that very same abnormality overlooked the smoking crater of what was once the capital city of a proud nation. Spending most of the morning standing in a queue nearly a mile long just to be teleported inside the castle had been a surreal experience. His chocolate granola bars just didn’t excite him as much in the morning anymore by comparison.

Tis the first paragraph. Dunno what else to say to sound witty.

JDC_OnPaper

Story: The Grim Reaper is a Military Officer

Ex-war criminal gets executed then gets thrown into an audience with Death because of his actions when he was still alive, they talk and Death offers him a deal. [U know the cliche you get summoned to this world because of a god or something]

He does his stuff as an ex-military officer like command armies and stuff, because he doesn't have his usual OP powers or even the system like the other heroes, he gets betrayed blah blah blah, then due to some stuff he gets the powers.
now then follow his dark and sinister story of genocides and massacres both humans and demons, as he is Death's right hand... THE GRIM REAPER! For the Dead is not to keen with the living

[PS: please note that, the story actually starts past chap 20 or 21 I think, after chap 20 he gets his powers then trains and there you have it... SHABLAM!]

... I think this is better than my original synopsis to be honest...

Last edited:

RavineAbyss

Just as it sounds, give the name of your story, then sell it to me within 3 sentences. Yes, they must be coherent, complete sentences.

Don't give me a synopsis of the plot, tell me why your story is unique from everyone else's, or why someone should give it a try.

You can be creative. Maybe give a sense of your writing style? Who knows. Heck, you can even simply post a snippet or quote from your story that you're particularly proud of. As a writer myself, I'm sure quite a lot of people have that one thing that makes you go, "Damn, I really can write well, huh?" So post it.

As long as it's all within 3 sentences.
“if for the sake of strength I need to sacrifice bonds, women, children, old, innocent or even myself, then I shall do it with no hesitation because that’s the way of my life.”

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
Title: Martians and the Mysterious Disappearance of the Human Race

Long, long ago... in a distant land... there existed an ancient civilization, Humans. They referred to themselves as such and named the land they lived on, Earth; the planet that neighbors our own, Mars, or so they called it. We know of how we came to be; we, the forgotten experiment they left behind millions of years ago, however, they left us one great mystery, the great disappearance... of the Human race.

Sorry, this is honestly just a random snippet of a prologue I randomly wrote that I’ll probably never get around to writing lol.

Last edited:

FashionableForestDweller

In the House of a Witch

An alcoholic veteran slowly approaching middle age gets isekai'd, luckily before the IRS is able to go after her for tax evasion.

She's taken in by a witch who offers to make her an apprentice, which the MC accepts before fully realizing that her savior is more far gone than she is.

Bandits, guilds hounding the main character for intellectual properties, and the realization that "being in touch with nature" involves having an actual working knowledge of biology follows.

Sara_Wilcox

Title: Dawning Skye

It’s an epic romance fantasy that I have literally put a piece of my soul into. I honestly love my characters, and am super excited for it to be my first published work. My favorite line is from the FL’s father; “I’ll drink less when I find better whiskey.”😂

Title:
"Motto: Aliquando"

3 lines:
(1) In a fantasy world where monsters plagued the world, peace was brought with coin and secured with the blood of those willing or desperate enough to take up arms. (2)This is a story of how these scattered and disorganized bands of men and women wandered from town to town to fight and were used and discarded as tools until they formed the very first mercenaries' guild in the world. (3) A guild that lived under the motto: Aliquando, meaning "sometimes" to denoting the leader's musing, "You can be an asshole to everyone some of the time, and you can be an asshole to some of the people all the time, but you cannot be an asshole to everyone all the time, because they will fucking murder you in your sleep."

Genre:
Grimdark, Politics, Action, Fantasy, War

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Not to be a wet blanket but holy shit people are absolutely abusing the , god damn

greatATTACKshark

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/225421/monstrous/
An old monster that not only survived the bloodiest war of all time but thrived in it awakens to a new world. I was tired of all the stories on these sites where the mc suddenly becomes a monster after getting reincarnated, not really a true monster in my opinion, so I created one where the mc became a monster long before the story starts. The mc is brutal and unforgiving due to his past that's littered with all sorts of deadly conflicts, and when trouble comes knocking he shows why you should "Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young."

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Title: Syche, The Dark Element.

(1) Normal guy tries to be the chosen one. (2) Never gets to control the elements. (3) Probably makes things worse.

Hathnuz

One of the strongest existence in my story is... an ant. Yes, your usual, tiny little ant. Nuff said.

Flashwolf96

I actually wasn't planning on participating and was just reading through the different proposals, but suddenly wondered what mine would look like if I did one myself. And well... it'd be a shame to just get rid of it, so I'll post it here too.

Title: Micah Ever After

A girl with a brother complex gets isekai'd after finding out her little brother might be dead. When God doesn't give her a straight answer, she makes a personal quest to gain power in this new world, beat the answers out of God, and reunite with her brother in one fell swoop. Thus begins an emotional, life-changing journey as she struggles and fights to reach her 'Happily Ever After'.