Send me your favorite sentence you written...

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
-“You are not the kind of dragon that eats people, right?” she asked, in part jokingly but also really wanting to make sure.

-“Hell no! People’s flesh tastes horrible!"

Akaichi

“Ah, did you hear that? Do you think my money grew on a tree? I had to struggle for whole 9 months in my mother’s womb to get it,” Victor said to Nick as he broke his third leg.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
"That's what I've been trying to tell you... The gods don't care for prayers or dignity. The only thing they seem to care about are terrible puns..."

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
As a writer/author, what's your favorite sentence you've written?

Here's mine from Heroes Vs. Villains - Pitch of Darkness!

Lucifer grabbed his glass and toasted in the air, “I’m the Devil, after all, Sara.”
For Western man to retake the West, it will be necessary for us to march across the sun itself

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I didn't talk about why I left the Hunting lodge. After I recovered from the food poisoning and the meds that were driving me insane, I tried to make a go of it. I packed up most of the stuff, in case I had to bug out, got everything lined up. I even took some time to explore that ravine and found some nice hides down there.

Then the phone rang.

Yes Yes. That's been happening. Except it was MORNING. I almost jumped out of my skin. It wasn't the Aurora. It wasn't a hallucination from the meds. It was the actual, god damn phone. I swear I almost ran out there and just kept running. I managed to pull it together from the doorway. I kept it open, just in case. Leaving the door open made me feel safer. I remember that.

Then I picked up the phone. There was a crackle. And then I heard the voice of my general manager. My blood turned cold. The world started to spin. But then... I listened to what he was saying.

It may have sounded like the voice I remember listening to at the Garage, but it wasn't a human. It was a robo-caller.

The voice of some guy, sounding all serious and dramatic was telling me how there was an urgent issue involving my credit card and that I needed to contact them immediately. Press one to be connected to a representative.

God. Damn. Tele-scam.

Somewhere in the world there is a computer, more than likely hooked up in some protected bunker to make sure it isn't found by the authorities. When the Aurora hits it right, it powers up, reboots, and does its job. It starts calling people. I suspect it's set up on an illegal tap into the system so it's harder to trace.

And it does its job, calling phone number after phone number, remembering which numbers are bad and which ones connected and which ones are still good.

I bet at this point, the number of good phone numbers left is fairly small. Must be the old fashioned set up of the phone lines on the island. They must be a bit more resistant to power surges than the fiber optic crap.

At first, I laughed and would have pressed 1, but their was a crackle and the line went dead. I pressed 1. I stopped laughing. I pressed it again. And again. And again. and again.

Then I smashed the damn thing.

Then I ripped it out of the wall.

Then I shot it.

Then I dragged it outside and set it on fire.

You know why, oh hypothetical person who finds these entries on my frozen corpse?

Because here I am, at the end of the world...

At the end of civilization...

At the end of an Era...

At the end of humanity...

And what will survive us like the civilizations of old? Will we leave behind our own version of the pyramids? Will we leave behind the statue of David? Will we leave wise words carved into the rock for those who follow to read and ponder?

No.

When the final switching station fails to switch, When the last power relay fails to relay, When the last LED light finally flickers and dies and all that we have crafted and created and forged and built and made has failed, rusted, and is no more... the very last light to go out before the coming of the long... long dark...

Will be a robo-caller trying to get my credit card information.

I'd blow my brains out with one of these last three bullets, but I won't. The wolves have been after me for a long, long time.

I owe them that much.

MajorKerina

There’s a bunch that have been really good all throughout my works and recently I actually made a really cool extended allusion to Galadriel from Lord of the Rings.

But there is one exchange which has stuck in my mind for some darn reason and I suppose that works.

Ami sighed. “It’s difficult. The objects in that room have a life to them.”

Jamie frowned. “It’s called mold.”

Thekherham

“Don’t call them pets,” he said. “They’re much more than that.”

"them" = whistling dragons

Notadate

“You are the father!” “But- I’m a ... brick..?”

[Not my favorite, due to me not having the original sentence anymore]

I can't say I have a single favourite, but one of my favourites from something I wrote recently would be:
She did not know how she knew this, but she knew that the tongue in that jar was her tongue. And she was not at all happy about it being in a jar.
I suppose it's technically two sentences, but 🤷‍♂️

D

Deleted member 93348

In the heat of pride and ego, strike harder. Strike twice if you must! Even a fool can make the highest gods tremble to their knees, and once the dust settles, those who survived shall know the word “usurper” forever till the end. —Fangorn Underhill, 1XXXXX
Dude is a fictional philosopher in my upcoming book, and you get to see his quotes at the start of every chapter.

Last edited by a moderator: