Send me your favorite sentence you written...

LadyKitty

As a writer/author, what's your favorite sentence you've written?

Here's mine from Heroes Vs. Villains - Pitch of Darkness!

Lucifer grabbed his glass and toasted in the air, “I’m the Devil, after all, Sara.”

Fearnaught

“Untimely intervention from the tinbacks has forced the Graftmaster’s hand.” Ilorath shared once the armored woman stepped close. Her blank eyes gazed through the narrow hole, whispers and strings of her listening magick barely audible. “They will flee soon, to-”

“Cowardice.” Valencia coldly cut in.

“To preserve whatever relic they found.” Ilorath continued softly.

“And damn the rest to rot on these barren wastes once the tinbacks overrun us.”

Ilorath shrugged. “I would do the same, in their stead. An object of great importance was wrested from its cradle here, and they see its return to human lands of absolute importance. A few are sacrificed for the good of many.”

“The stink of cowardice reeks too hard to be covered by a perfume of petty justifications.” Valencia uttered, voice hard. “If they will not render us aid within the very pit they dug, their corpses will at least serve to slow the breach.”

Redemit

Just words will never stop or hurt them,
but sticks and stones will break their bones.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I was writing a new isekai idea and this thought came to me.

Me to all Isekai Protagonist:

[Shit! I forgot that this world has no fucking technology. No internet, no modern convenience and a shitty Medieval timeline where these savages act more like street gangs and nobles being cops that are PAID to fuck around.]

Auratic

Not what I've written but from what I've seen recently paraphrased slightly.
"[name], I'll fuck your dad and give him a child that he actually loves."
It is implied the one who is saying this is also a man.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
As a writer/author, what's your favorite sentence you've written?

Here's mine from Heroes Vs. Villains - Pitch of Darkness!

Lucifer grabbed his glass and toasted in the air, “I’m the Devil, after all, Sara.”
It's not a sentence really, but an interaction? Comeback?
"No, get off of me! You rogue, you villain!” She struggled, pouding at my chest. “G-Get away, damn you! Your breath stinks!”

“Oh yeah? Well what does it smell like then?!”

“....Pussy!” She snapped back. I snorted.

“That’s not even a good insult. Like let’s be honest here, if you’re gonna make fun of me for my breath reeking of pussy, the least you could do is ask your mom to wash herself first, alright? I am not the one at fault here, my guy.
I just found it funny because the character being told this knew his (it says her because the guy was gender bent at this time) friend the MC was having relations with his mother, so there's extra damage of being reminded of that. The first half of dialogue is in context of the MC putting the moves on him(now a her) just to fuck with him. Girl is living in constant fear the guy is going to bed her eventually 😂

Last edited:

expentio

I become aware that this is not the best place to stay and decide that we should change to a safer location.
I mean, there are monsters in this forest!
(Context: Liqu, a giant flesh-dissolving slime currently abducting a human girl to be her friend.)

LORD_SHAXX

"What colour are mothers feet?"

Imperium insectum. - chapter 5

Last edited:

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
I don't have it
Full of the overflowing feelings of affection towards the one who has been silently supporting me, literally and metaphorically, throughout the years with not a single word of complain, I hug the soft mattress with one hand and clutch the pillow close to my heart, and then I dive under the blankets into a world for only myself and my most beloved.

Love4NovelGuy

He was half demonic and half angelic. A true Nephilim with a duality of good and evil.

In less subtle words, he was a human being.