Sentence prompt

Agentt

Thighs
So, my family has this legend kinda thing, which gets passed down and all.
The problem is, somewhere along the lines, my ancestors became too lazy to convey the complete legend, and began to cut corners.

After years and years of laziness, that legend has only been reduced to a single line.

"There are three wells in front of you. First one is dry. I don't know what is in the second one, but it's not water. I don't know what is the third one. Which one do you choose?"
The answer is supposed to be third one for a reason no one knows.

So, well, run your imagination and complete this..weird story with no moral.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
The problem is, somewhere along the lines, my ancestors became too lazy to convey the complete legend, and began to cut corners.

After years and years of laziness, that legend has only been reduced to a single line.

"There are three wells in front of you. First one is dry. I don't know what is in the second one. I don't know what is the third one. Which one do you choose?"

The third one because that 'well' was the home of the great dragon Lau, who hoarded eerything in the world.

Moral? Upgrade your stats in lck... luck...

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I think the first one because the two might likely be poisoned. Given that the two are likely been a trick however the first one is clearly remembered. The second one is not water but you can also count on it that its oil or liquid metal thats precious or something.

My family motto is "If he is a friend, you will grow a bond with him. If he is a best friend, he might likely knocked up your wife. If he is a brother, you might likely get betrayed and your heart is offered into an altar. Lesson learned, trust a random man, cautious of a friend and expect a betrayal of a brother. "

Malonymous

So only the third well actually has a chance of being water? Makes sense to pick that one then, unless you wanted to gamble on the second one being full of booze or something. Hey, you could build a whole freaking empire out of an infinite well of booze!

Agentt

Thighs
I think the first one because the two might likely be poisoned. Given that the two are likely been a trick however the first one is clearly remembered. The second one is not water but you can also count on it that its oil or liquid metal thats precious or something.

My family motto is "If he is a friend, you will grow a bond with him. If he is a best friend, he might likely knocked up your wife. If he is a brother, you might likely get betrayed and your heart is offered into an altar. Lesson learned, trust a random man, cautious of a friend and expect a betrayal of a brother. "
Try passing it on to your kids and we will see how long does it takes for this thing to convert to a one liner.
So only the third well actually has a chance of being water? Makes sense to pick that one then, unless you wanted to gamble on the second one being full of booze or something. Hey, you could build a whole freaking empire out of an infinite well of booze!
Same with first. I said it was dry, so it could be filled with solid gold or something

ArcadiaBlade

Try passing it on to your kids and we will see how long does it takes for this thing to convert to a one liner.
*Deep thoughts*
*Suddenly Remembers a sequel novel I wrote*

Oh no...

Uh... Basically, my generation might likely grow a yandere family where the males are likely gonna die faster than a soldier going to war and the females are a lot more dangerous than Yuno from Mirai Nikki...

I better not try to pass a motto and instead change it...

Agentt

Thighs
*Deep thoughts*
*Suddenly Remembers a sequel novel I wrote*

Oh no...

Uh... Basically, my generation might likely grow a yandere family where the males are likely gonna die faster than a soldier going to war and the females are a lot more dangerous than Yuno from Mirai Nikki...

I better not try to pass a motto and instead change it...
I don't see any problem with that.

Szaku

well, following the simple theme of laziness, people who make lists in the first place tend to add 3 items cuz it sounds nicer and almost always leave the best thing for the 3rd item in the list. the first two choices are usually throwaways or fillers.

since your family was lazy in the first place they almost certainly tried the first thing because "it was the first one" and were able to remember that its dry.

some of the more 'driven' lazy ones might have been able to kick off a single sloth shackle to attempt the second well, and after a taste test of a unknown substance (the laziest method possible) were active enough to jot down that it wasnt water, but were just too damned lazy to try and figure out what it was. (or why their throat started to itch)

the grande finale of laziness is to give you what they assumed to be the correct answer, probably didnt check, and most certainly left no clue, explanation, or information whatsoever on why it's the correct answer (thanks, parents everywhere :cautious:) and leave it up to you to believe them or not.

if you want to be safe, dont try any of them, and if you're a more emboldened, gambling-type slacker, go for the third

the end.

ironically, my grandfather (r.i.p.) gave me a motto that resembles this to the 'T':

"in life, you can be dumb, or you can be lazy, but its not going to work out so well if you're both. you can be lazy, but you need to be smart. know how to make money, make a living, make the best out of what you got. and that takes a level of smarts to do it comfortably. OR, you can be dumb, but yo ass is gonna have to work. and probably harder than you want to.."

ArcadiaBlade

I don't see any problem with that.
Oh, maybe because you don't have to talk to your ancestors as to why your predecessors are either professional killers, psychopaths who basically lock their lovers in a closet or harvest their organs or the fact that the men never survive till the age of 30? Possibly the men are either some Anime Protagonist and don't know their fathers as much.

Agentt

Thighs
Oh, maybe because you don't have to talk to your ancestors as to why your predecessors are either professional killers, psychopaths who basically lock their lovers in a closet or harvest their organs or the fact that the men never survive till the age of 30? Possibly the men are either some Anime Protagonist and don't know their fathers as much.
You don't have to talk to your ancestors if you are locked in deepest parts of hell

Sahida

"There are three wells in front of you. First one is dry. I don't know what is in the second one, but it's not water. I don't know what is the third one. Which one do you choose?"

If I hear all the options, I will only tell my descendants the best choice.

Leti

I don't see any points in passing down legends to my descendants. This bloodline dies with me.

If I somehow decided to liberate an oppressed kid from their parents, I will probably tell them to do this whenever they saw a well:

Agentt

Thighs
I don't see any points in passing down legends to my descendants. This bloodline dies with me.

If I somehow decided to liberate an oppressed kid from their parents, I will probably tell them to do this whenever they saw a well:

News headline
Humanity goes extinct, scientists still baffled!

Or

This is the reason Gen Z are not getting married.

Or

Top 10 reasons how today's generation are ruining industry