Resolved Series with no update pushed to top of reading list

xane

This has been happening for quite some time and there's no particular reason I can see. Maybe authors can draft chapters that remain hidden for a later release and that's jumping them to the top. Not really a major issue, just annoying seeing a series jump to the top without actually having anything to read.
Current example:

Tony

Staff member
This has been happening for quite some time and there's no particular reason I can see. Maybe authors can draft chapters that remain hidden for a later release and that's jumping them to the top. Not really a major issue, just annoying seeing a series jump to the top without actually having anything to read.
Current example:

Are you using the "List Sorting" option from the reading list? It should be set to "Unread"

Untitled-2.jpg

xane

I've got it set to Last Updated, sorting by Unread puts the stuff I'm not caught up with but also not looking for updates on at the top. Also helps judge how actively a story is being added to, if I've got a story on the list that's not being updated then my drive to read it isn't really going to increase.

Ultrabenosaurus

I was going to make a thread for this, even took some screenshots, but I guess I don't need to now. Please fix this Tony. It's really annoying and confusing when I see one of my favourite series jump to the top of the list only to realise that there is no new chapter.

Otherwise, if this is how the "Last Updated" sort method is supposed to work, it needs a new name because it's not very intuitive. If I sort a reading list by Last Updated, I only care about released chapters or news from the author. Anything else is meaningless to readers, especially if you don't actually tell us what was updated: new tags, new genres, change to the synopsis, added a glossary term, etc?

Ultrabenosaurus

@Tony please fix this or add a new sorting option for latest chapter! It's really annoying and frustrating when a series jumps to the top of the list but there's no new chapter! Some of the stories I'm following jump to the top several times a week with no new chapter!

Tony

Staff member
@Tony please fix this or add a new sorting option for latest chapter! It's really annoying and frustrating when a series jumps to the top of the list but there's no new chapter! Some of the stories I'm following jump to the top several times a week with no new chapter!

I'm currently working on the poll feature which should be finished within a week (estimated). I'll take a look at it after that. It should be simple to fix. Please remind me again if I forget.

Ultrabenosaurus

I'm currently working on the poll feature which should be finished within a week (estimated). I'll take a look at it after that. It should be simple to fix. Please remind me again if I forget.
Thank you very much good sir! :blobthumbsup:

Tony

Staff member
I've got it set to Last Updated, sorting by Unread puts the stuff I'm not caught up with but also not looking for updates on at the top. Also helps judge how actively a story is being added to, if I've got a story on the list that's not being updated then my drive to read it isn't really going to increase.
Thank you very much good sir! :blobthumbsup:

The "Last Updated" should work properly now. If not, please let me know and I'll try to fix it ASAP.