Serious or not serious?

BlackKnightX

A serious and dramatic story for excitement and tear-jerking moments, or a non-serious and humorous story that will make you laugh your ass off, which one do you prefer more?

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Depends. I look for stories that are more exciting and tear-jerking when I want to follow the story for a decent amount of time. Usually, that means that I enjoy the serious ones if they are long. If they are shorter then I prefer a more humorous and light-hearted story.

JMMatheis

I prefer the first, with deep character development and well fleshed out world building. Humour occasionally, but some... Damn it, I like both. Don't make me choose!!! :blob_dizzy:

First one mostly. :blob_hmm:

Depends on what I want to read, but generally I prefer to read a dramatic story. If it's a humorous story I generally prefer reading it as a comic or manga or even just watching it.
In the end its always just comes down to how much I like the individual story really,, if I like it I'll read it if I don't I won't.

SailusGebel

A serious story is my choice. Because all the authors of 'humorous' stories have no sense of humor.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Ay, don't make me choose, my favorite stories have a mix of both. In any case, if the writing is mediocre then I would probably enjoy a humorous attempt rather than a serious one.

PhillisCreziles

﹤Once a Potato﹥
I prefer the more serious and dramatic types of stories. Mainly because they make me think more.

Last edited:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
A serious and dramatic story for excitement and tear-jerking moments, or a non-serious and humorous story that will make you laugh your ass off, which one do you prefer more?
comedy, but having serious moments is important too. I get tired of pure comedy cuz it feels like there's not much point in reading since everything is just for the same of humor.

Some stories like A Will Eternal have a good balance of comedy and serious moments, for example.

Plantorsomething

I like it when the author pulls off both, kinda like Undertale. The humor and emotion compliment each other, with humor/nonserious stuff getting you attatched to the characters before punching you right in the gut. You can lean more to one side than the other, but I think you’d always need some amount of push and pull.

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
I’ve read several with both, so if I can get one that has both, double the worth, really

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
i'm already living the former, so i'll take the latter, thank you very much.

Okay

The Bored but Lazy
I prefer serious mostly, but also some comedy in the seriousness. I like seriousness mostly because... GORE, BLOOD, HEARTBREAK, DEATH... yeah. But never drama. Nope. No drama for this person! Especially romantic drama... *shivers in disgust*
I think I pref 60% serious and 30% humorous.
What’s the last 10%?

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
i prefer 90-95% humorous/5-10% serious.

bonus liking if the protag is a commonsense breaker (like Sophia from Boosted Restart - A New Chance In A Different World).

BlackKnightX

I prefer serious mostly, but also some comedy in the seriousness. I like seriousness mostly because... GORE, BLOOD, HEARTBREAK, DEATH... yeah. But never drama. Nope. No drama for this person! Especially romantic drama... *shivers in disgust*

What’s the last 10%?
Plot ho- I mean, answer hole?
i prefer 90-95% humorous/5-10% serious.

bonus liking if the protag is a commonsense breaker (like Sophia from Boosted Restart - A New Chance In A Different World).
We have similar taste, my friend~ 😆
Both in one
Greedy~ 😏