Settings with strong political element.

NonReal

As the title states, I'm searching for fictional settings with a strong subplot, or even main focus, of power struggles between nations or similar factions. As culturally diverse as possible. Examples from the top of my head:
Magi - The story that actually inspired the thread.
A song of Ice and Fire;
The Elder Scrolls;
Warcraft;
Witcher;

As seen above I prefer more fantasy-type settings than let's say Star Wars, but I'll accept those as well.

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
Golden Experience
Dungeon Defense
Plague King (not translated https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/plague-king-病毒の王.136467/)

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I would say a certain magical index series. I am also currently working on a story with various cultures and political struggles. It's called: I accidentally summoned the hero! Now what? The link is in my signature.

Aefener

I'm really sorry for self-promotion but actually my fiction Draconia Offline is quite political and focuses on power struggles between humans and four new fantasy races suddenly appearing on Earth (not an isekai, our Earth in future). I have to highligh that my protagonist is gay which might be something you're not into but I'm not writing it as a typical BL that's all fluffy and gay stuff is the main focus of the story. Some people even told me they read it in spite of not particularly liking BL. :ROFLMAO:

As for officially published light novels/anime, I do highly recommend Twelve Kingdoms. If you do some googling, there's a guy who's translating the novels into English since TokyoPop went bankrupt before they finished the licensed translation. Kingdom is also good but not my cup of tea (just personal preference). If you'd like something more light-hearted, try Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. As for Western literature, what about Dune? It's basically Game of Thrones in space. :LOL:

NonReal

Wow. The response was much faster and much bigger than I expected. Thank you for all your posts.
My main interest here is more on the world-building of the setting than on the story in particular. That's why I listed TES and Warcraft which are predominantly game universes.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
Starting From Today I'll Work as A City Lord
It's half political, half civilization building.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
I plan to make my series have a good amount of power struggles, but culturally things are pretty homogenous.