Writing Prompt SF or F universe intro?

Terragammaton

I've been looking into SF recently, particularly singularities, gravity, space-time continuum, and gamma radiation. Not much in depth study though, just enough to understand it's properties and uses in real life. Here comes an afterthought, what about magical radiation?

I've been also looking into creating universes with different species, opposed to transmigration or reincarnation stories in another world.

EARTH, GAIA, TERRA concepts, is what I classify them as, wherein EARTH concepts are our modern concepts of civilizations, GAIA concepts for magical civilizations, and TERRA concepts for science fictional civilizations. Civilization is a secondary theme here as the main theme are it's inhabitants. The lead and side characters of the story.

At the start, I've already got my three species (races) on the radioactive world Terragamma. It was formed by the simultaneous collisions of parallel worlds into a quasi-singularity. Think of it as a Earth, Gaia, and Terra timelines all mashed up together in one setting. Their respective milky ways are gone as it was merged with the quasi-singularity; multiple black holes merging into one. As to why the singularity did not explode yet, because of the Magen-Kai; a boundary enclosing radioactive decay process, hence, a quasi-singularity. The boundary functions as a restorative power over everything inside the quasi-singularity, making the impossible possible. In Earth timeline, everything was swept in the explosion. In Gaia timeline, the magical creatures were swept in the Mass Extinction. In Terra timeline, they were the victims and culprits of the Mass Extinction with a few surviving the explosion using Lunar-technology.

Mass Extinction as the name suggests, is not just the eradication of lifeforms from all timelines affected, but the sudden erasure of original matter itself. An anti-god particle was assimilated in their space-time continuum, and the anti-god particle grows by converting everything in it's properties in an cataclysmic explosion. The dimensions of different universes nearly broke down apart, and with the energy contents of multiple universes forming an amalgamation, the Myriad Forces. The Myriad Forces stabilized the new universe, which was actually a white-hole acting like a black hole. It was continuously devouring information from all it's parallel timelines.

The Myriad Forces gave birth to the Genesis Outbreak, the multiverse scaled explosive growth of new lifeforms within a thousand years span inside the quasi-singularity. Why a thousand years? In the dark millennium of the anti-god particle becoming anti-god waves, the Millennium Isles were formed from ruined celestial bodies. Though named after a thousand islands, these islands were individually separated by a thousand years worth of distance, so the Millennium Isles were known for having different eras in each travel. This could be bypass by using Lunar-technology granted by the Lunarians. Lunarians who used parallel moon-like structures to traverse different universes in order to escape from the quasi-singularity continuous assimilation throughout the multiverse. The anti-god particle was created using Lunar-technology from a Terra timeline, as there were also multiple Terra timelines of super civilizations advancing through powerful science.

The three species birthed from the Myriad Forces on Terragamma were the Nightmare-kin, Weaponry Ancestors, and Kaleidreizhen. Apparently the forced mashed up created their own amalgamation of EARTH, GAIA, and TERRA concepts involving the nature, knowledge, and realities of each civilization converted by the anti-god particles.

The concepts pertaining to nightmares of countless civilizations throughout different timelines gave form to phantasmal species of multiple races all grouped into as the Nightmare-kin. They were similar to the magical creatures in Gaia timelines and those read in fiction in the Earth timelines, while none in the Terra timelines. Nightmare-kin existed only in the darker dimensions of Terragamma with a few capable of venturing outside them. Terragamma is observed as a radioactive planet, but it's size is infinite due to it's continuous expansion through the Myriad Forces alongside the growing quasi-singularity enclosing Terragamma. The Magen-Kai exists on the very layer of radioactivity of the quasi-singularity, thus, it serves as the boundary of Terragamma's stability and regeneration, while maintaining the Extinction Wave caused by the quasi-singularity.

Weaponry Ancestors were of the same branch as destructive concepts like those of the Nightmare-kin, except they were more of a accommodating species, even though their own races were classified based on their concept of weaponry. Basically they were living weapons giving birth to new weapons or the same. A competitive species with the stronger ones leading the weapon-folk in a caste system on Millennium Isles. Millennium Isles were the homeland of the Weaponry Ancestors, as they grew in absorbing in either cannibalizing other weapon-folk or a very long lifespan in growth stages. Due to their own strange biology, they could resist with few immune to the thousand years distance between their islands. Millennium Isles is located in the lighter dimensions of Terragamma.

The last of the three species were the Kaleidreizhen. They were anomalous species born in the outermost layer of Terragamma, near the Magen-Kai and beyond Millennium Isles. The Kaleidreizhen were made of thirteen members, all alien to the laws inside and outside the quasi-singularity. They were the personifications of the Extinction Wave. It's leading member Nihilist Christ alongside the rest of the Twelve Apocrypha. They were apocrypha, because they weren't suppose exist, much less become a part the multiverse. Hence, the Extinction Wave is them; they who go to multiple universes after devouring their godhead or universes core of existence, and returning back to the quasi-singularity for it to expand until their own universe is completed.

So in form, Terragamma to Millennium Isles to Kaleidreizhen to Magen-Kai to our multiverse own gods and creations.

On Terragamma are the Nightmare-kin who lived in the deepest layers to the surface of Terragamma. Orbiting around Terragamma in it's expansion continously is Millennium Isles, where the Weaponry Ancestors live most of the time as some travel to Terragamma for various reasons. Some Nightmare-kin are capable of traversing the distance and safely reach one of the islands. As for the stars and celestial bodies, they're all orbiting around Terragamma, hence, the distances always increasing but in a relative speed in light years from Terragamma to Millennium Isles. Beyond Millennium Isles is the Magen-Kai, which serves as the boundary between existence and nonexistence between inside and outside the quasi-singularity. The Kaleidreizhen are not hostile towards the Nightmare-kin and Weaponry Ancestors, as they're seen as the protectors of their homelands.

Is this a proper SF universe or it's actually urban fantasy?

Last edited:

Terragammaton

Sounds sci-fi enough to me.
Nice, but it's safe to assume by SF laws, the inside of an actual black hole is unknown territory, so it's reasonable for things to exist like how I portray them inside the quasi-singularity, yes?

Kotohood

Noob Author
Nice, but it's safe to assume by SF laws, the inside of an actual black hole is unknown territory, so it's reasonable for things to exist like how I portray them inside the quasi-singularity, yes?
I mean it can be whatever you want it to be, it's science fiction after all. But if you were to ask me, inside a black hole should just be nothing more than death.

AryaX

Reads more like fantasy to me... :unsure:

Others may disagree but as far as I see it... What distinguishes SciFi and Fantasy is how they deal with the "abnormal" elements in the story...

You could have Fantasy story with robots, computers and aliens and talk about all sorts of physics and such, and mention no magic or supernatural powers of any kind... And you could have a Hard SciFi story set in some medieval world with an alliance of humans, elves and dwarves fighting against the evil dark lord and his armies of orcs and goblins and their horrific magic powers...

A story is SciFi if it "successfully" paints over the impossible seeming elements with technobabble that sounds plausible to your typical reader...
And Hard SciFi if the technobabble remains plausible even to people who should truly understand it. (ie. physicist, engineers, etc...)
If the story doesn't even try, or doesn't try hard enough... then its just plain fantasy...

Last edited:

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -Arthur Clarke
Because of this, there's a fine line between SciFi and Fantasy.
Since you used Gods and magic in your explanation, I'd say it's more urban fantasy.
That being said, it looks like you mashed both genres together.