Sharing Ideas

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
So we all think of a good idea about a story we could write about but usually we end up not writing it due to either being too embarrassed to, being too self depreciating and thinking you won't do well, or just forgetting about the idea. That's why this thread was made. Instead of letting that idea being forgotten in time or trapped in your mind, maybe let others try to bring the world in your head to life, you could even collaborate with each other if you want, but the first step to doing that is to first put out that idea!

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
So we all think of a good idea about a story we could write about but usually we end up not writing it due to either being too embarrassed to, being too self depreciating and thinking you won't do well, or just forgetting about the idea. That's why this thread was made. Instead of letting that idea being forgotten in time or trapped in your mind, maybe let others try to bring the world in your head to life, you could even collaborate with each other if you want, but the first step to doing that is to first put out that idea!
Nice idea.
Plus, it will help people who want to write something, but can't think of anything.
*huggles*

\(^o^)/

X

Ophious

Here's one, a story of a journey to the afterlife
You always wondered why grim reapers had a weapon when they came to reap your soul
You thought it was just for intimidation but as you travel with them to reach the gates of the afterlife, you realize the journey won't be a simple walk in the park.

Nahrenne

Idea prompts:

1) A woman of immense status and talent falls down the social ladder due to a misunderstanding. She ends up dying, and her legacy is discovered by a young child, many decades/centuries/millennia later. What was that legacy?

2) The life of a horse/mount for any kind of character from its POV.

3) Selkies and hunters.

4) The gods and goddesses of a cult - be it a real life ancient history/modern day cult, or a made up one.

Hope some of these - if any - help get some creative juices flowing.

X

Ophious

Oh maybe a story of a golem made by a father to look after his daughter
We slowly watch as the daughter grows up and the last chapter is the golem shutting down after the daughter dies peacefully
If done right a river of tears will form!
Or maybe a story of a politics where people are rebelling against the government
A cat that follows the same girl through nine lives as it watches over the girl from birth to death nine times
A simple rom com with no twist, nothing special, no drama, just a smple romantic comedy of two co-workers

HappyVainGlory

I've got an idea for an isekai if anyone wants to take it.

Essentially, the MC can equip anything from weapons and armors to that shop's door. The downside: he can't unequip them. Conflict would probably build up due to the MC equipping a bunch of important random stuff at the beginning, maybe?

Zethuron

Ah well, i would like so much for my story to be written professionally, yet i fear it is too grand in scale, too complex to write well.
Basically a epic sort of story that is a mix between sci-fi and fantasy.

Ophious

Ah well, i would like so much for my story to be written professionally, yet i fear it is too grand in scale, too complex to write well.
Basically a epic sort of story that is a mix between sci-fi and fantasy.
@Lys you have a customer
Advertise to your hearts content!

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
A woman of immense status and talent falls down the social ladder due to a misunderstanding. She ends up dying, and her legacy is discovered by a young child, many decades/centuries/millennia later. What was that legacy?
Poisoning oneself with Arsenic. It's a thing.

Nahrenne

Poisoning oneself with Arsenic. It's a thing.
Hmm?
*tilts head*

Did you know the first Emperor of China most likely died to mercury poisoning, because he thought ingesting mercury would give him everlasting life?
'-'

X

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Hmm?
*tilts head*

Did you know the first Emperor of China most likely died to mercury poisoning, because he thought ingesting mercury would give him everlasting life?
'-'

X
Victorian ladies and royalty used to poison themselves with arsenic to appear pale and whiter and beautiful and stuff

Ophious

Hmm?
*tilts head*

'-'

X
He was right, he obtained everlasting life in the after life

Fossil

Mafia Addict
Huh...well I have a lot of ideas but I'm a bit too busy to write them down right now. I'll come back to this later.

Nahrenne

Victorian ladies and royalty used to poison themselves with arsenic to appear pale and whiter and beautiful and stuff
Not knowingly poison.
They used a powdered form, like foundation.
X

Nahrenne

Huh...well I have a lot of ideas but I'm a bit too busy to write them down right now. I'll come back to this later.
The whole point is that you write them down before you forget them!
orz

X

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
A story about an empire. No one knows its origin, no one knows its secret and no one knows of its potential.

puripuri_pen

I've got idea about daily love's story of leukimia boy and suicidal girl in hospital (sorry if my English bad)

Ophious

I've got idea about daily love's story of leukimia boy and suicidal girl in hospital (sorry if my English bad)
So a boy that is gonna die falling for a girl that wants to die?
Interesting, we could make the ending either a tragedy where the boy dies then the girl follows because she loved him so much or we could go with boy recovered and they all lived happily ever after OR we could go with boy dies and girl wants to follow but remembers what boy said and instead choses to live on