Shitty villagers and their lifestyle

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
So I had read the latest chapter of Fukushuu o Koinegau Saikyou Yuusha wa, Yami no Chikara de Senmetsu Musou Suru and the villagers who act like bandits and thieves are human scumbags, no surprise to the theme running in the manga and novel. Then I recalled Summoning the Holy Sword, a CN novel which featured a human supremacy kingdom of Light with its bigots. What links me to this work is a village in the CN novel portraying such fucked up mentality. The village will often calls for help to the guild for the adventurers to assist them, then proceeds to cut or refuse paying the adventurers after they did their work but complaining this and that. The villagers even straight up maiming the adventurers "for disrupting the peace" which is a cover so that they don't have to pay and can even extort money out of the wounded. While the adventurers who went to take up whatever jobs the village has, they are often belittled, mocked and even scolded for "late response".

You might think that the guild will stop working with the village, however, thanks to the law imposed by the kingdom which forces the guild to never ignore any job requests, they are forced to send people to shitville.

So what other shitty villagers/ ingrates/ bastards made up of bastards, filled with extra bastards and coated with layers of bastards/ pieces of shit commoners have you seen in literature works or even from movies and TV?

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
Mostly in CN farming novels. Villagers are often portrayed as gossipy, jealous and malicious to the point of ridiculousness. Oh, yeah they don't seem to bother using brain cells too. I don't know how authors came up with those, did they even try to make case studies before writing? Have they tried visiting some remote places? It's frustrating to read the same things over and over again.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Mostly in CN farming novels. Villagers are often portrayed as gossipy, jealous and malicious to the point of ridiculousness. Oh, yeah they don't seem to bother using brain cells too. I don't know how authors came up with those, did they even try to make case studies before writing? Have they tried visiting some remote places? It's frustrating to read the same things over and over again.
Personally I think that the authors are using the dark side of humanity as a reference. Ever heard of the phrases "hate the rich and dislike the poor" and "worship those above you while step on those below"? The former being an extreme case of loathing by people who dislike those living better than him while looking down on those below, the latter isn't any better as they are often portray as people who intentionally ignores the flaws of those richer while magnifies any mistakes made by those poorer.

Normally in some sense, people are envious of those living better (material wealth or marriage wise) but not to such toxic level until they try to ruin the other's lives. Similarly, for those who belittle others because of their self sense of superiority exist, just that in novels, these negative traits gets blown out of proportions.

tofu_moon

Distant relatives in CN novels too:blob_melt:

Watchman

So I had read the latest chapter of Fukushuu o Koinegau Saikyou Yuusha wa, Yami no Chikara de Senmetsu Musou Suru and the villagers who act like bandits and thieves are human scumbags, no surprise to the theme running in the manga and novel. Then I recalled Summoning the Holy Sword, a CN novel which featured a human supremacy kingdom of Light with its bigots. What links me to this work is a village in the CN novel portraying such fucked up mentality. The village will often calls for help to the guild for the adventurers to assist them, then proceeds to cut or refuse paying the adventurers after they did their work but complaining this and that. The villagers even straight up maiming the adventurers "for disrupting the peace" which is a cover so that they don't have to pay and can even extort money out of the wounded. While the adventurers who went to take up whatever jobs the village has, they are often belittled, mocked and even scolded for "late response".

You might think that the guild will stop working with the village, however, thanks to the law imposed by the kingdom which forces the guild to never ignore any job requests, they are forced to send people to shitville.

So what other shitty villagers/ ingrates/ bastards made up of bastards, filled with extra bastards and coated with layers of bastards/ pieces of shit commoners have you seen in literature works or even from movies and TV?

couldn’t they just exterminate the villagers for that under the pretext of “ bandit extermination”? I’m pretty sure no one would bat an eye if a small tiny village disappears over night or a System that allows Adventurers to view the history of places that hire them so they know which requests to stay away from

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
couldn’t they just exterminate the villagers for that under the pretext of “ bandit extermination”? I’m pretty sure no one would bat an eye if a small tiny village disappears over night or a System that allows Adventurers to view the history of places that hire them so they know which requests to stay away from
For your question, before MC gets yeeted into the game world, every player who suffered through the hands of the village but were unable to exact revenge, because the village guards are too high leveled and got rekted instead, actually went back to the village to wipe it off the map once they are high enough level, like it is the first thing they do once they noticed their levels are high enough, when I read that portion I was like "isn't this an MMORPG and when a player wipes out a village, the other players can no longer go there? Or is the village regenerable? If so, huzzah to wiping the fucking place out every hour or so!"

Also, when the MC went there when he is in the world, the first thing he did was to show the rude guards off by turning one into a human stump (four limbs off) and another into a vegetable, the chief and villagers tried to condemn and have MC and his party killed but then MC shows off his party member who is a daughter of a viscount, effectively shutting the folks up. Story went on when MC found out the chief is involved with a cult and blackmailed him for more than half of the wealth possessed by the village, the alternative for the chief is to get blacklisted as a cult sighting site and have no merchants or adventurers to come to them, killing them slowly. The ending where the MC and party left was rather hilarious too, because a boy in the village tried to stone MC, only to have the stone smacked back into fragments and mutilates half of his face, leaving the fuming villagers, the MC then shouted "the deal is off!", which meant that MC conned the village off while ensuring their doom.

mostlyharmfulll

TeaMate since day 1
I remember one manga where following happened:
Village chief dies, leaving behind a daughter in her teens.
All men in the village instantly turn into animals and take turns in raping her. All of them.
All women in the village are instantly so jealous of the girl's beauty that they don't interfere and instead bully the girl. All of them.
FInally, she is literally raped to dead and no one feels responsible.
And all of that is just so MC has an excuse to add the girl to his harem (after reviving her with dark magic) and slaughter the whole town.
It was a pretty shitty manga, by the way.

Watchman

For your question, before MC gets yeeted into the game world, every player who suffered through the hands of the village but were unable to exact revenge, because the village guards are too high leveled and got rekted instead, actually went back to the village to wipe it off the map once they are high enough level, like it is the first thing they do once they noticed their levels are high enough, when I read that portion I was like "isn't this an MMORPG and when a player wipes out a village, the other players can no longer go there? Or is the village regenerable? If so, huzzah to wiping the fucking place out every hour or so!"

Also, when the MC went there when he is in the world, the first thing he did was to show the rude guards off by turning one into a human stump (four limbs off) and another into a vegetable, the chief and villagers tried to condemn and have MC and his party killed but then MC shows off his party member who is a daughter of a viscount, effectively shutting the folks up. Story went on when MC found out the chief is involved with a cult and blackmailed him for more than half of the wealth possessed by the village, the alternative for the chief is to get blacklisted as a cult sighting site and have no merchants or adventurers to come to them, killing them slowly. The ending where the MC and party left was rather hilarious too, because a boy in the village tried to stone MC, only to have the stone smacked back into fragments and mutilates half of his face, leaving the fuming villagers, the MC then shouted "the deal is off!", which meant that MC conned the village off while ensuring their doom.

wait that was a game? Sounds like bad story design on the game companies part then

Leti

There is one village where everyone goes crazy after the MC accidentally kill their chicken and it has psychic guards who always know whatever is going on. The only way for the MC to survive is to kill everyone but for some reasons the children are immortal.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
wait that was a game? Sounds like bad story design on the game companies part then
For those who never read the story or am going to, big ass spoiler ahead.
it is because the game is modeled after the real world, as in the world is real and the game creators actually created it into a game on Earth to see how people deal with it and maybe help resolve the actual world issues. So yes, the bigotry, human supremacy, lack of concern for lives are actually happening in the world

Watchman

There is one village where everyone goes crazy after the MC accidentally kill their chicken and it has psychic guards who always know whatever is going on. The only way for the MC to survive is to kill everyone but for some reasons the children are immortal.

Ah yes, Skyrim. Immortal children sounds like a glitch though😆