Should I hide the fact I'm from Royalroad?

Should I hide the fact I'm from Royalroad?

• Yes, SH hates RR

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Maybe, there's a few haters here and there

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • No LMAO, no hate

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • You're crazy, we ****ing love RR

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ararara

Yo. New writer here, it just occured to me to double-check:

Is there any kind of beef between ScribbleHub and Royalroad? Will other authors (or worse, the readers) hate me if and when they find out? I know some webfiction sites hate other webfiction sites.

:blob_popcorn:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
A fair bit of the people here are those who left RR for reasons that are dependant on the person. A few of the reasons are the constricting rules of the site and the toxic community but again, it varies from person to person. That said, if you aren't toxic then no one will mind. There are a lot of good stories on RR but their community has given it a poor reputation.

Ararara

A fair bit of the people here are those who left RR for reasons that are dependant on the person. A few of the reasons are the constricting rules of the site and the toxic community but again, it varies from person to person. That said, if you aren't toxic then no one will mind. There are a lot of good stories on RR but their community has given it a poor reputation.
Ah, I see. So this place is a bit more chill, reader-wise. :blob_sir:

SailusGebel

Jokes aside, readers don't care. Sometimes people on the forum that came from RR or like RR more will belittle SH. So you can assume that RR has some kind of bias towards SH, not the other way around.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
729ymj.jpg

Ararara

Secondary question, now that people are already here, is there a way to turn off my signature when I post? I don't really want to spam my fiction-link every time I post, but only on a rare few occasions!

Or, should I make it smaller?

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Secondary question, now that people are already here, is there a way to turn off my signature when I post? I don't really want to spam my fiction-link every time I post, but only on a rare few occasions!

Or, should I make it smaller?
Probably make it smaller. Though I don't know why you wouldn't want the free advertisement.

Ararara

Probably make it smaller. Though I don't know why you wouldn't want the free advertisement.
I think it works better in smaller doses. Similar things on other platforms (reddit, twitter). Mostly provide actual content / answers / discussions, then hit 'em with the surprise (and genuinely unwilling) shilling only every now and then. But yeah, maybe I'm just shy

Last edited: