Should I hide the fact I'm from Royalroad?

Should I hide the fact I'm from Royalroad?

• Yes, SH hates RR

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Maybe, there's a few haters here and there

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • No LMAO, no hate

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • You're crazy, we ****ing love RR

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oreo

I concur,
I've literally stumbled across reader accounts that I'm certain were registered/created only to give 1 star/horrible reviews on every novel they come across. Never having anything nice to say at all, and their seemingly impossible to please standards, whilst referencing legends like LOTR and GOT.
From my experience those are from professional authors who failed to make a living, have heard there's money in the webnovel writing space, they tried to post their work but it once again got 0 attention, then jealousy overtook them so they start flaming the **** out of every novel they see. ("How can people read this?!?!?! My story is 1000x better!!!" etc.) It's just pure coping. :blob_cookie:

Fortunately it seems like it's a rare occurence!
Those are called downgrader accounts.

You will be surprised how many of them aren't from failed professional authors. Majority of them have enough readers for the Famous Author title.

Basically, they are just authors who want to thin the competition. They will stop at nothing to prevent your story from being on the rising and trending list. This is why some genres are more cutthroat than other.

Nonless_

Yo. New writer here, it just occured to me to double-check:

Is there any kind of beef between ScribbleHub and Royalroad? Will other authors (or worse, the readers) hate me if and when they find out? I know some webfiction sites hate other webfiction sites.

:blob_popcorn:
I mean I just came from RR, I still use it, I'm just trying to reach a bigger Variety and someone from RR forum said SH reader like fantasy/isekai stories, so yeah.

Macha

Not a Klutz
I concur,
I've literally stumbled across reader accounts that I'm certain were registered/created only to give 1 star/horrible reviews on every novel they come across. Never having anything nice to say at all, and their seemingly impossible to please standards, whilst referencing legends like LOTR and GOT.
From my experience those are from professional authors who failed to make a living, have heard there's money in the webnovel writing space, they tried to post their work but it once again got 0 attention, then jealousy overtook them so they start flaming the **** out of every novel they see. ("How can people read this?!?!?! My story is 1000x better!!!" etc.) It's just pure coping. :blob_cookie:

Fortunately it seems like it's a rare occurence!
Those are called downgrader accounts.

You will be surprised how many of them aren't from failed professional authors. Majority of them have enough readers for the Famous Author title.

Basically, they are just authors who want to thin the competition. They will stop at nothing to prevent your story from being on the rising and trending list. This is why some genres are more cutthroat than other.
Someone made a thread about this. Naturally, they hated him because he told the truth.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
I came from RR. Would not go back. Toxic, when they're not being boring. Maybe it's because I'm a filth wizard but I feel much more at home here among you delinquents.

Last edited:

radraccoon

Haha! This was actually my primary location, with the Royal Road one lagging a few weeks behind in terms of chapter postings.

Lire

I Wanna Be, The Very Best. Like No One Ever Was!
Hi there~!

I'm from RR and nobody gives a fuck... I think. I can definitely agree that readers here are generally nicer.

They just vibe and send cookie blobs.

Although, I guess you'll still be able to find an asshole from time to time. And a more critical reader too, sometimes.

But I don't really get the sudden questions like I'm being tested -- which happens somewhat often in RR.😂

Nekroz

You should be good. I too also crossed the sea from royal road to scribble hub.