Should I prioritize tags?

Yorth

Swordman
I see very little use for tag optimization in SH. Other than to actually give a concrete idea for your readers, the effect tags have on your views is very negligible. Of course, you could go tryhard mode and check the most popular novels' tag and see if you can use some of those. This will help you by showing your novel as "similar series" to other popular ones.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Ask yourself:
If I am a reader that came in because of this tag, will I be okay with only having that much relevant content?

Then ask yourself:
If I am a reader that wants to avoid a certain tag but this story has the content but not the tag, is the offending content enough to put him off?

If the answer to #1 is yes, add it. If not, no.
If the answer to #2 is yes, add the tag regardless of #1. If not, don't bother adding it.

Example:
I like coming of age stories. Is this enough coming of age to satisfy me?
If yes, add the tag. If not, then don't.
I dislike dystopian stories. If this story is untagged for dystopian, is there enough Dystopian content to make me rage quit the novel and leave a 1 star?
If yes, add the tag. If not, then don't.

Now proceed to disregard everything I said because everyone just add tags to click bait readers anyway.

mrsimple

Writer
Tags are a form of advertisement. Generally ya wanna prioritize those thingies. How come? Well, lemme see... Because them right there are ones of dah the many items ya need. For what? To bring in the views! The story ya wrote could be incredible. The thing is if no one knows about it, there is less likelihood of anyone checking it out. A fresh upload being on the front page helps a ton, but the new line up of those stories will go POOF like Tetris blocks. Ya have an opportunity, but it gets slim and slimmer as the newer novels plop their butts down on top.

Back on our relevant topic: titles, covers, summaries, tags, links, and more are used to pull in those readers. If ya wan' dem folks to read, ya gotta show em why. Snag their attention by raining eye candy anywhere ya can. When folks search for their pick of flavor -- those tags -- then the summary should intrigue them enough to give it a taste. And, of course, the juicy story will keep em hooked. :blob_popcorn:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
what axiom said

in fact you don't even need a second opinion. unless you wanna clickbait harder than Nutaku ads, take her/him/idk advice.