Side Story Chapters Lower?

Lorelliad

creating magic in a magic-less world 🪄
My bad if I posted this on the wrong forum/thread. Still kinda new here.

Do people just generally ignore Side stories like it's the virus or something? I noticed that any of my chapters that are have less views🧐

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
My bad if I posted this on the wrong forum/thread. Still kinda new here.

Do people just generally ignore Side stories like it's the virus or something? I noticed that any of my chapters that are have less views🧐
It really depends on the genre. But if it's a slow burn romance I'd probably read the side stories?

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Depends on content and genre.

Romance often features the side couple so it’s worth to peek in. Sometimes it’s even better than the main cp 😭

Typical isekai often have soooo boring side stories. I skim them real fast.

Last edited:

killwrites

Need motivation
Hmm there is a drop in views, but I feel like it's not too much of a concern. Personally I don't read side stories myself lol so wtv.

hmm.png

SerikoLee

Chaos Realm Creator/ Chaos God
I make side stories to expand my popular series.

Attachments

• Edit Series _ Scribble Hub and 2 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge 7_10_2021 12_04_36 pm.png
    Edit Series _ Scribble Hub and 2 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge 7_10_2021 12_04_36 pm.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 58

Aureoled

Sometimes if the story is medicore, yes. But for most of the times, no. But probably most people do because its probably not relevant to the story or repeating the same thing again in different POV and the only character that matters is mc and no one else :blobrofl:

LostLibrarian

When you call something a side story, you already say it's worth less then the main story.
Because otherwise that thing would be part of the main story...

So yeah, that makes it less appealing to some.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Sometimes if the story is medicore, yes. But for most of the times, no. But probably most people do because its probably not relevant to the story or repeating the same thing again in different POV and the only character that matters is mc and no one else :blobrofl:
Don’t remind me. I always feel cheated if I read those filler chapters.

Lorelliad

creating magic in a magic-less world 🪄
They often feel like the filler episodes in anime.
Despite them being "side", at least in my story, they're still related to the story, but I guess it's probably not like that for others🤔
When you call something a side story, you already say it's worth less then the main story.
Because otherwise that thing would be part of the main story...

So yeah, that makes it less appealing to some.
I see, i see. I only ever use it when the event that's happening doesn't have the MC in it.

Here's an example.

There's two supercontinents in my story. Mc lives in human populated continent. The character im introducing is in non human continent. I couldn't find a good way to introduce them in the story since they live so far away, so i had to create a small batch of "side stories" for her that dictate her journey to the human continent...

Idk if that's the same for other stories, but yeah.
I used it a few times in mine to introduce new characters that don't have the MC in them yet.

I'm not planning on making an mc-focused story, so I used the side ones to introduce them if the mc has like no way of contact yet, or if he's not necessary in it.

Last edited: