Single-panel comic of Chapter 7

Baltazyr

I didn't see any threads that have self-promotion for your own stories, and I assume there's a reason for that. Still, it felt like a waste to draw this comic I did to promote Chapter 7 of my web novel Luminescent, and then not have an outlet to share it. So here it is, along with a few lines that lead up to it. Won't make it a regular thing:

“My daughter here is also participating in the Tour,” Chiaki said, a touch of pride in her tone.

Mindie beamed, extending a hand out in greeting. “The name’s Mindie. Nice to meetcha.”

“Ryan Belmont. It’s a pleasure.” He shook her hand.

“This young man wants to duel you so that he can start competing in the Tour,” Chiaki explained to her daughter. “Will you accept?”

“Of course! Just one more step toward becoming the world’s brightest Star, Mom.”

A look of surprise flashed across Ryan’s face as she said that. He quickly collected himself, however, his startled expression curling into a confident grin. “Those are some big words.” He patted his chest in declaration. “But after today, you’re going to find yourself with a new rival.”

Mindie crossed her arms and shot him a haughty smile. “Yeah? You think you’ve got what it takes?”

“Absolutely... ”

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 54065

I didn't see any threads that have self-promotion for your own stories,
You just haven't looked enough. There are many who promote their story here (I included). Some are even excessive, it's getting annoying.

and I assume there's a reason for that. Still, it felt like a waste to draw this comic I did to promote Chapter 7 of my web novel Luminescent, and then not have an outlet to share it. So here it is, along with a few lines that lead up to it. Won't make it a regular thing:
You can upload your comic page in your chapter in the main site, for added reading experience. Heck, I even uploaded two whole graphic novel chapters before.

ACertainPassingUser

Ugh. The color sucks.

I really hate uncooked/unrendered hair color. Won't blame you, it's hard to render hair color. And the skin coloring simply too dark somehow, the lighting really put me off.

Maybe the shadows is simply too harsh ?
I tried using my phone shit ass filter and somehow it looks better a little in my eye

Mindie_v_Ryan_2_1.jpg

The hair color kinda fucked up, but the skin color is smoother now.

And please, their eyes didn't looks like they see each other. It looks like the male is seeing something that suddenly grab his attention/finally find something that make him suddenly focused behind the female,

and the female is seeing something quite little interesting behind the male, but not interesting enough to grab her attention.

And they tried to pass each other body.

Well, whatever.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Ugh. The color sucks.

I really hate uncooked/unrendered hair color. Won't blame you, it's hard to render hair color. And the skin coloring simply too dark somehow, the lighting really put me off.

Maybe the shadows is simply too harsh ?
I tried using my phone shit ass filter and somehow it looks better a little in my eye

View attachment 16195

The hair color kinda fucked up, but the skin color is smoother now.

And please, their eyes didn't looks like they see each other. It looks like the male is seeing something that suddenly grab his attention/finally find something that make him suddenly focused behind the female,

and the female is seeing something quite little interesting behind the male, but not interesting enough to grab her attention.

And they tried to pass each other body.

Well, whatever.
Wow, talk about being rude. The coloring is completely fine. It’s called art style.

If you don’t like it then shut the fuck up.

Baltazyr

I probably should've made it clearer that it's supposed to be a split-screen panel. The visual distance isn't representative of the actual distance between them.

Then again, I only really started drawing seriously a year ago, so definitely have things to improve on.