Site pirating books from Scribblehub

Toripuru-S

View attachment 10683
I just looked up my books name, and these appeared
Lmao 🤣, I recognized the site (I won't name it either due to rules) immediately from your screenshot because mine and many many many many other Scribble Hub novels are on there. I was always curious if the download button even functioned correctly 🤭.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
The first attempt at a novel I ever tried writing and publishing online was in 07/2015 on blogger and it cannot be found anywhere. It has been forever wiped from the canals of history, never to be remembered. It was available on the web for like 4-5 years, but I went and deleted it when I remembered that cursed thing 1-2 years ago after I tried picking up writing again. I still have that cursed piece of writing sitting around in my drive.
But...what if someone has a copy of the story you deleted? In fact, can you even confidently tell me that Tony isn't secretly selling deleted stories on the dark web? Where do the stories we delete go? I'm expecting for you to be confused, and then I can ultimately talk to you about MySQL

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
If any of you found Ai-chan's stories on any website other than google blogger, royalroad, storiesonline, bigcloset, novelupdates or scribblehub, please inform Ai-chan. Ai-chan does not permit Ai-chan's story from being reposted anywhere. In this case, Ai-chan can threaten DMCA on them as Ai-chan owns the whole copyright of the work.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Special fonts prevent bots from stealing one's work?
Depending on how you make them, you can stop simple copy-paste bots.

A bot with OCR will bypass basically any protection you can think of putting though.

LilTV1155

Depending on how you make them, you can stop simple copy-paste bots.

A bot with OCR will bypass basically any protection you can think of putting though.
OCR?
Will Character Map work against them if you create your own code separately from the keyboard?

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Just live with it, best way is by putting messages or links to you social and books, so anyone who gets it I permanently see’s it

LilTV1155

Create a non-canon parallel story and submit it in traditional writing.

AliceShiki

OCR?
Will Character Map work against them if you create your own code separately from the keyboard?
OCR are programs that read text from images and the like.

You can do whatever you want to your text. For as long as it's readable by a human, it's also readable by an OCR.

The thingy you're thinking about can work against a simple copy-paster bot though.

LilTV1155

OCR are programs that read text from images and the like.

You can do whatever you want to your text. For as long as it's readable by a human, it's also readable by an OCR.

The thingy you're thinking about can work against a simple copy-paster bot though.
Wait. . . . "for as long as it's readable by a human, and readable by a system"
What if you use an extinct scripture language that the system haven't recognized before? Does that also still apply because extinct writing language rarely have pictures, since most came from aboriginal origns that are not recognized due to the majority's uses of modern languages like English, Spanish, French, or Mandarin being the main dominant?

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Wait. . . . "for as long as it's readable by a human, and readable by a system"
What if you use an extinct scripture language that the system haven't recognized before? Does that also still apply because extinct writing language rarely have pictures, since most came from aboriginal origns that are not recognized due to the majority's uses of modern languages like English, Spanish, French, or Mandarin being the main dominant?
I doubt any OCR program was made in a way that can recognize stuff like Hierogliphs if that's what you're asking.

But like... If you wanna write with the alphabet that people can actually understand, the OCR should be able to recognize it.

LilTV1155

I doubt any OCR program was made in a way that can recognize stuff like Hierogliphs if that's what you're asking.

But like... If you wanna write with the alphabet that people can actually understand, the OCR should be able to recognize it.
Perfect!

Last edited:

GodlessEmperor

Emperor of trash writing

But simple bots would be able to copy it then. If the font is weird but the text is normal, only humans would have a hard time.
Instead, use a substitution cipher and a weird font that is customized to your substitution cipher! That way the bots can't understand your font and the text they copy is also useless! But humans may understand it, maybe.

Edit: Actually, I visited a university recently that's working on an OCR program for hieroglyphs and other old texts. Just remembered that.

LostLibrarian

Anything that is used to block bots with some hope of success will make the reading experience for the reader worse.
Or make it really hard to find the stories at all. It's not worth the time to be angry about it or try to do anything against it...

Trashlyn

Any rips of my works or postings outside of my accounts on patreon, itch.io, RR and Scribble are explicitly against my wishes, except for those unofficial and unsanctioned Russian translations of one of my stories I just find that one amusing.