Sketch dump

maybe a bit nsfw

just a long sidelined wip. i first saw them from a random book covers on sh.

i think i wasn't interested in the title or the story, i just saved the reference pic since it looks hot.

basically lingerie pose

lingerie2.png

catgirl with microbikini. played a bit with the shading tho you can see it's kinda messy if you zoomed in

catgirl.png

regulus from reverse 1999

it's the usual trying to copy the reference img just to practice

pretty fun during the process, even if i kinda felt clueless quite often

regulus.png

seele from honkai star rail

seele redraw.png

yeah i tried to redraw the same reference. this time i didn't try to trace the reference first but copy directly. i just slowly start from the outline parts before i got ok enough proportions and go from there

i guess it helped more since it made me look at the details and can practice my sense bit by bit, instead of just redrawing the traced part and losing most of the nuances which i might skip compared to when i look at the reference with all the details and simplifying them as i go

Last edited:
jingliu from honkai star rail

jingliu.png

blue poison from arknights

blue poison.png

Last edited:

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
smug nahida from jenshin

i can't really nail the hand position that well, so yea it's just to get the general vibe

vertin from reverse 1999 but the hat is ghostly gibus from tf2

tried to improvise on the original reference bit by bit

The way I draw hands is that I take a picture of myself in the mirror doing the same pose that I want to draw. It makes a good reference because I mainly draw anime girls and my effeminate hands work perfectly for it

The way I draw hands is that I take a picture of myself in the mirror doing the same pose that I want to draw. It makes a good reference because I mainly draw anime girls and my effeminate hands work perfectly for it
i did same thing tho i just don't focus too much on trying to make it perfect first time, it's just stressful for me and i prefer to take it easy lol

nahida from jenshin

this attempt made me realize i'm a bit reliant on the reference pic but i'll try to change things bit by bit from it

nahidapeace.png

laffey from azur lane

probably took me long enough to get there. i no longer played the game since it takes too much of my time and i was severely burnt out but i can still appreciate their char designs and the girls' personalities.

laffey.png

firefly from honkai star rail

i swear it's really hard to get the middle finger position right. oh well, maybe i'll get better results in the future.

firefly.png

edited the prev nahida pic to add more punch to it

or swag

nahidaswag.png

Last edited:

Notadate

laffey from azur lane

probably took me long enough to get there. i no longer played the game since it takes too much of my time and i was severely burnt out but i can still appreciate their char designs and the girls' personalities.

firefly from honkai star rail

i swear it's really hard to get the middle finger position right. oh well, maybe i'll get better results in the future.

edited the prev nahida pic to add more punch to it

or swag

overpowered left hand

just an attempt of redrawing ai art again, i also did one for the same pic in previous pages

ai redraw2.png

posting here cuz i also want to share how i do this

first just go trace the outline of ai art minimally, no need to go into any detail about it, just enough to get the shapes

next just redraw from there, what i did was placing the traced outline to the side and draw from scratch

after i redraw the outline i adjust the opacity of the reference pic so i can also see the pic im currently drawing, and fine tune things like the details and shading, not that much detail tho

at that point it's mostly about observing the detail than drawing

well that's all.

EDIT: changed the wording so it made more sense

Last edited:

Notadate

just an attempt of redrawing ai art again, i also did one for the same pic in previous pages

posting here cuz i also want to share how i do this

first just go trace the outline of ai art minimally, no need to go into any detail about it, just enough to get the shapes

next just redraw from there, what i did was placing the traced outline to the side and draw from scratch

after i redraw the outline i adjust the opacity of the reference pic so i can also see the pic im currently drawing, and fine tune things like the details and shading, not that much detail tho

at that point it's mostly about observing the detail than drawing

well that's all.

EDIT: changed the wording so it made more sense
Boob sag. She is a wax figurine

seele from star rail

tried drawing from the ai ver as reference, it was pain

seele2.png

eunectes from arknights

i switched to just using the official art, it was a lot easier than the previous pic

eunectes.png

stelle from star rail

from the official design, due to the details its harder than the prev sketch but still a lot more managable than drawing from ai

stelle.png

moral of the story: unless i understand what i'm doing, better just stick to the reference form human art.

i'm kinda bored of anime drawings so i did stick figure comic for a change

these two strips aren't related

1.png

2.png

lumine from genshin

lumine.png

stelle from star rail

stelle.png

spent a bit of time on the hand gestures but it's not as painful as the previous attempts. i just don't focus on the details too much and more on the rough idea aspect.

i also forego tracing the reference pic and just draw them in whatever way i'm comfy with. as long it kinda looks like the character i'm done.