Sleep procrastination?

Do you deprive yourself of much needed sleep in order to do unnecessary things (ex. Watching YT)?

• Yes

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • No, why tf wouldn’t I want to sleep?

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Sometimes...

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Sleep? What’s that? Can you eat it?

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • I never do unnecessary things ;)

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

BubbleC

Floating Idiot
I’ve come to realize that I’m a sleep procrastinator. I try my best to not go to sleep, doing other things like writing, reading, or watching videos until the wee hours of the early morning just because I don’t want tomorrow to come. I feel like the moment I sleep, I’ll be lulled into a sense of false security before being cheated by reality. The worst part is I don’t stay up late doing work; I just unnecessarily consume entertainment. Do you guys ever do this?

Jessie_Emilyn

I am very much a sleep when tired enough (however mood can sometimes be problematic and delay it or make me want to rush it) but when you put "sleep? what's that? can you eat it?" as an option (which is a line I have used a fair bit in the past) how can you expect me NOT to pick it?

CrusadeAgainstFurries

Supreme meme-lord
Yes

1611175127874.jpg

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
I’ve come to realize that I’m a sleep procrastinator. I try my best to not go to sleep, doing other things like writing, reading, or watching videos until the wee hours of the early morning just because I don’t want tomorrow to come. I feel like the moment I sleep, I’ll be lulled into a sense of false security before being cheated by reality. The worst part is I don’t stay up late doing work; I just unnecessarily consume entertainment. Do you guys ever do this?

The truth is, every time you fall asleep, you die and get replaced by a different person. So the you who wakes up next morning will not be you any more.

But all seriousness aside, you really shouldn't do that. I know the temptation to avoid sleep and procrastinate or what not. But sleep is more than just getting rid of your tiredness. It is the time your body uses to repair itself, grow and for your mind to sort itself out. And as a result, every time you skip on sleep, you end up damaging yourself, in some ways even permanently.

You won't feel it at first other than maybe some short term impacts. But since most will go away you don't pay it much mind. But as they stack up as you age, by then it'll become part of harming your every day life and it will be impossible to go back.

So don't skimp on sleep. Just think of sleep as cultivating.

I suggest getting a zen master to help teach you the way

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
The truth is, every time you fall asleep, you die and get replaced by a different person. So the you who wakes up next morning will not be you any more.

But all seriousness aside, you really shouldn't do that. I know the temptation to avoid sleep and procrastinate or what not. But sleep is more than just getting rid of your tiredness. It is the time your body uses to repair itself, grow and for your mind to sort itself out. And as a result, every time you skip on sleep, you end up damaging yourself, in some ways even permanently.

You won't feel it at first other than maybe some short term impacts. But since most will go away you don't pay it much mind. But as they stack up as you age, by then it'll become part of harming your every day life and it will be impossible to go back.

So don't skimp on sleep. Just think of sleep as cultivating.

I suggest getting a zen master to help teach you the way

............ but all those novels you could read while sleeppppppppppinggggggggg!!!!!!!!!

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Bruh, is this some insomniac joke that a sleep deprive me can't understand?

Seriously, why do you think I don't write anymore? I rather you just kill me than take away my right to sleep.

skillet

a frying pan
it's horrible I love sleeping SO MUCH but also it's the easiest thing to get rid of when procrastinating.........
--> it's more like I spend my awake hours doing unnecessary things and then forego sleep to finish up the necessary things ahaha

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
IMG_20210408_002908.jpg

>sleeping
>not achieving nivarna and believing in the great Dharma
>not combining every level of your consciousness and achieving understanding of Chim
>never experienced out-of-body experiences and no-clipping out of reality
>never being in between the state of realization and being

why live

Sylvie

Those days are gone, now the memory's on the wall
I procrastinate EVERYTHING!
Procrastinate going to sleep and procrastinate waking up too. Ends up being balanced on a whole I guess.
When you have a screaming baby, you deprive yourself of sleep for necessary things like brushing your teeth and stretching. Maybe washing my face and applying face cream isn't quite so necessary, but I still do it on most nights.
Your baby let's you sleep normally? That's pretty amazing in itself. Well I haven't had a child yet but I've seen my sister struggle every day for a long time being sleep deprived. Moms are pretty amazing to survive that.

Last edited:

DarkGodEM

Book Editor
it's horrible I love sleeping SO MUCH but also it's the easiest thing to get rid of when procrastinating.........
--> it's more like I spend my awake hours doing unnecessary things and then forego sleep to finish up the necessary things ahaha
You mean you can BREATHE!? when mine was a newborn I'd lose sleep for the pleasure of eating instant lamen because that's when I could eat!

Agentt

Thighs
This one. But without the winky face. Everything I do is of the utmost importance. Even my typso are made for a good reason. My plans are just beyond your understanding, mortal.
But you gave me that wrong address, I didn't find any portals to help on sun. Neither in sun.