Slurs

I've been trying to come up with racial slurs specifically for different beastkins/demi-humans.

Canines and felines are somewhat easier to figure out, so here are some of the others: elk, lamb, rabbit, pig, fox, goat.

Slurs/insults for the race as a whole are appreciated as well.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
call them sub-humans instead of demi-humans, that's what I do in my novel except I use the Chinese language term yaren/xiaren because it sounds better, like a pun!

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Elf. Ear freaks. Stupid blondes

Beastmen Fur freaks. Furries. Hair balls

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
I've been trying to come up with racial slurs specifically for different beastkins/demi-humans.

Canines and felines are somewhat easier to figure out, so here are some of the others: elk, lamb, rabbit, pig, fox, goat.

Slurs/insults for the race as a whole are appreciated as well.
Have you tried coming up with a short word/abbreviation 3-6 letters, I.E. Yib, hov, tuans, uyocet.
Then come up with a backstory for the word, how it is a slur, how it is used, etc.

longer

Balls
It helps if you have a culture or language for those races. Slurs can be corrupted words from their language repurposed as an insult or a word that captures a cultural norm for a group. Snake demi-humans can be called "hissers", a no brainer. Rabbits might be hoppers, rentals(if they occupy an unusual share of prostitutes in the world due to their sexual tendencies).

Leyligne

Rabbits are lagomorpha, not rodentia, so Lagey? Coney?

Slurs are usually a diminutive of the, or an, actual name. Thesaurus might help? Elk were known as wapiti, which is rife for slurring? Stuff like that.

In the end, I’d think calling them ‘sub-human’, ‘impure blood’, ‘miserable fuzzy bastiches‘ or other understandable words is probably best.

MR.DANTE

its only offensive if the people you are insulting care, you might call a goat something like stonehead or something, but its not really that big of a deal, racial slurs are a big deal now because politicians march on it but they actually really poor insults, insulting people for what they are its completly useless if said people have no problems with themselves.

insults like sub-human, lesser and such are again only offensive to peoples who have problem with what they are so not really a good insult, even tho it might work decently of you plan on making an idiot racist antagonist

if you are planning on making some racist antagonist you might want to consider actually spending time in to it and create interesting racist characters instead of doing what everybody else is doing and make an idiot who is racist just because racism is put everywhere now, is still an extremely lazy way to progress the story but with adeguate work it could be good.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
I wish I could help you blob, but I usually insult the person's intellectuality, not their looks per se. That tends to be universal insults, but I guess you could go for things that make the race stand out. :sweating_profusely:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Rabbits might be hoppers, rentals(if they occupy an unusual share of prostitutes in the world due to their sexual tendencies).
Damn, rentals hit real fucking hard no gonna lie.

Might gonna use some contextual/socioeconomic factors to create these kinds of discrimination.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
elk, lamb, goat.
Since lambs are juvenile sheep, all of these creatures have horns. They are . . . HORNY! You could work that into an insult for the group of them.

Armored99

Harem-phobic
Anything can be a slur if you say it derogatory enough. However, I do think modern perception of slurs may be skewed from how they existed in historical times.

However, I do think modern perception of slurs may be skewed from how they existed in historical times.
how so?

its only offensive if the people you are insulting care, you might call a goat something like stonehead or something, but its not really that big of a deal, racial slurs are a big deal now because politicians march on it but they actually really poor insults, insulting people for what they are its completly useless if said people have no problems with themselves.
regular people are not as apathetic as this.
if you are planning on making some racist antagonist you might want to consider actually spending time in to it and create interesting racist characters instead of doing what everybody else is doing and make an idiot who is racist just because racism is put everywhere now, is still an extremely lazy way to progress the story but with adeguate work it could be good.
there is no big ingenious plan. the character(an elf) believes his race is superior, and so looks down on others. that's about it. I just wanted different ways of showing it in speech/dialogue.

Armored99

Harem-phobic

Several reasons for one, historically speaking racism wasn't socially seen as a bad thing until the recent past hundred years.
Secondly race used to have greater ties to nationality / tribe, which makes sense people didn't travel like we do now.
Thirdly for a slur to develop it needs an associated history, not everything was documented like it is today, so unless there was a continued interaction between the to groups a slur could be forgotten or just stop holding the same meaning.
Fourthly like I previously mentioned there wasn't the same stigma for slurs there is today, the only widespread teaching at least in Europe that went against slurs was the religious belief of love thy neighbor. Which isn't very specific.

Several reasons for one, historically speaking racism wasn't socially seen as a bad thing until the recent past hundred years.
thats mostly just the US I think, at least third world countries.
but yeah, I agree with everything. I though you meant something completely different.