Smuts in harem series

Do you prefer having smut in harem series?

• Yes

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
Do you guys usually read harem series in the hope that you'll get to read some adult actions, even though it's not the main focus?

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Why do you think most people who read harems are interested in a harem in the first place? Do we want to suffer from some guy trying to decide which girl he wants to date? Do we want to watch some misunderstanding after misunderstanding and only suffer from idiocy? Ecci scenes but no action?

No! We want the good stuff, we are all cultured adults and if I want to watch a harem only for that, I rather watch a dumb stupid comedy show than some MC getting cockblock and ended up hyping the expectations.

Vaxel00

I do think it's possible to have a harem story without smut in it but it would be rather difficult since it has to be carried by romance.

I think romance it's delivered better in not harem stories since it allows the reader to get attached and care for the main partner, while in harem stories the sex brings an element of catharsis and clearly defines who is and isn't a part of it.

Agentt

Thighs
I rather not read a harem with smut.
A harem need not be driven by cockblockings only. As @ArcadiaBlade said, we all are cultured beings who never have had the pleasure of having a friend good enough to steal you from a forceful marriage, or such other events.
A harem without smut is entirely possible, and may even be better due to the potential of teasing.
Plus, while in smut, the two characters are forced to obey social norms for positions and methods. Only a non smut can include the tenderness of thighs, or back and expand upon their beauty.

Also, I rather have misunderstandings I can understand and enjoy rather than echo scenes that I skip.

Szaku

yes. but for that matter, i also prefer to have "harem" in harem series as well, which unfortunately a lot of harem series lack.
but, that being said, i definitely prefer that logical next step in a harem series as i don't like pointless things.

D

Deleted member 53101

I admit, I like the smut in a harem, but the heartwarming light-toned romance in a non-smut harem story also has its charm.
However, if it's come to make a choice ... I'd choose those with smut. :blob_uwu:

One of the harem stories without smut that I truly enjoy is Sononochi and Kujibiku Musou.
As for those with smut, well ..., let's go with Shura Wrath by Mars Gravity, the MCs by that author born with gotta catch 'em all mindset. Ah, Summoning the Holy Sword is also a good harem with some smut, though, I personally disliked the MC.

It's a different story for reverse-harem, ain't touch any of them. But we're talking about the normal general description of a harem right?:blob_hmm_two:

EternalSunset0

Nope. I prefer all the misunderstandings, the will they won't they, the romance-but-not-really wishy-washy thing that anime "harems" often have. Something like Nisekoi is pretty cool for me. Or The World God Only Knows.

As for the smutty content eventually in the story, I'd still rather not.

I love fanservice in anime like the skimpy outfits, the panty shots, the boob grabs, the walking in to the girls dressing, but I'm just not fond of the more blatant R-18 stuff.

Sylvie

Those days are gone, now the memory's on the wall
People read harem novels for the HAREM? Now that's the first time I've heard of that.
When I select novels to read, it's usually based on the type of story it is. If there's harem then it's there whatever.

I can understand people watching anime where harem is the main focus but reading a novel for the harem sounds pretty dull at best.

xluferx

I read in the hopes to find an actual harem and not a stupid doll/pokemon collection

Varstark

Harems need decently chad protagonists like a cake needs a cherry on top. I like the smut, but it's just the icing. You can just imply they're getting down and dirty, and we can fill in the rest for ourselves. But the dude needs to be interesting enough to play off the girls and charge up the sexual tension.

If I want smut, I'll honestly just go for erotica, but I'm far from complaining if it's included. With harems I'm more interested in how the girls get along with each other and the guy. Stuff like life for courtesans and mistresses in history and rumours from nurses for powerful men often pique my interest.

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member
Tbh i dont like smut with harem. Dont know about you guys but I dont mind getting cockblocked.