So how confused are you about Nasuverse/Type-Moon? (Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Grand Order, Tsukihime for example)

So how confused are you?

• The one with a lot of genderflip? (Even though there're other franchises with a lot more of it)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The one with “The bone of my sword?”

• I read the original Fate/Stay Night VN so I know everything! (No you do not)

• You’re all pathetic I know this series since Kara no Kyoukai

• Total voters

DekuKurohi

What would a combination of ZUN and Nasu be like?
Let’s all let out of the questions and frustrations of how much you all are confused about this series.

It’s always a lot of fun seeing people perplexed about it.

Maybe I’ll answer some of them (Not all since 1. I don’t know everything 2. Spoilers)

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I only know there's 20 variations of the same girl and the only way to differentiate them is through bust sizes and hair colour.

Also this is supposed to be Frankenstein's Monster

1587737695518.png

Ruriha

Well-known Procrastinator
It's fun because it's complex. There's so much to look at, especially the lore.

Arielus

We all fell in and fucking died mentally
The 20 versions of the same girl really hit cause of fgo which just fucked us hard with a lot of best girls being saberface
Then you get into alters Christmas and a bunch of other ones it all goes whack
Fun world building tho lots of cool shjt that can happen even if 50% my beam sword attack is better than yours kinda dbz stuff

Milk.Milkan

Me Milk, me smart.
Just give me dat Melty Blood and maybe Tsukihime remake.
Who cares bout fate(u for some reason but u shouldnt).

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I only register myself to Santa's great works.

For those what I am talking, you fucking disgusting deviants.

For admins and mods that know what I am talking about, please don't ban me.

Stratothrax

I don't understand that stuff to the point that it's killed any desire I have to get into it. I've seen a few episodes here and there of these series and I've read descriptions of how it's all supposed to make sense, but it really is just a hot mess. They for sure made a mistake making it in that way, it kinda feels like an excuse to repetitively churn out variations on the same IP to milk Japanese otakus rather than something with coherent thought put into it.

Jemini

The way I view the... it's called the Nasuverse? Well, anyway, the way I view it is that it absolutely reeks of too many cooks spoiling the broth. It makes perfect sense if you view Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero, or any one of the non-fate series in isolation. This is because they have their own contained vision created by their artist.

However, if you start getting into the other Fate series (which sorta read more like fan-fictions of the original) or trying to start thinking about how the stories in universe fit together, it starts breaking your brain. This is because you start to get conflicting visions as the artists who made the respective stories just didn't line up in their opinion of how this should all go.

(Also, I would like to note that Fate/Zero was not written by the same person or people who wrote the original. It was written by a master writer by the name of Gen Urobuchi. The man is clearly extremely good at his craft. If you didn't get that from his impressive portfolio which speaks for itself, then you can easily get it just by reading / watching the anime adaptation of Fate/Zero and comparing it to the original Fate/Stay Night and noting how well the two fit together lore wise without any of the horrible contradictions you see in the rest of the Fate portion of the Nasuverse where the artists just basically do whatever they want without really caring about the original lore)

BTW: This is the same sort of issues the Kingdom Hearts franchise is guilty of.

EDIT: Also, can we please erase the Disney StarWars Trillogy and get Gen Urobuchi to do the new version? We really need someone who shows the kind of care and honor to the original that this man does. It's exactly what Disney was missing.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Let’s all let out of the questions and frustrations of how much you all are confused about this series.

It’s always a lot of fun seeing people perplexed about it.

Maybe I’ll answer some of them (Not all since 1. I don’t know everything 2. Spoilers)
The nasuverse doesn't exist. It's just an illusion.

LostLibrarian

Honestly, there is a lot to like in there overall. But I never really warmed up to either the series or the universe. I probably was a bit too late and the overall hype probably made my first impression worse... and now I neither have the time nor motivation to jump into it.

At least it's a sheer endless source of great character designs and illustrations :D

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
i understand a little bit. not much, though. Most of that's just from Carnival Phantasm and Prisma Ilya. Also, that there are a lot of hot girl sservants.

lehur

I know fate series, I read it 2000+ years ago
The story actually just insert as the same universe as tsukihime at first as battle VN with 3 routes heroine. Nowadays is franchise and not nasu guy who made it, team and other author make the source material bulging, I'm not talking FGO, many other fate franchise many more, to the point same have similar design character lol.
About nasuverse actually again not really natsu only (like someurobut**guy who like ruinand tragedy fate zero, well this series basically fight and fight and servant added, but the hard work to make this series more colorful, itcswhat I likeas for timeline, who you care therecre side story, extras, alternative timeline atc why Uned to know thatcs all, as long as main story U understand and some series with the same universe tsukihime, and death eye anime,U roughly will make outline how typrmoon universe not really nasuverse

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
You forgot to add the greatest logic ever said: 'People die when they are killed'.

It's the only link I had with the Fate Universe, until Padoru Padoru came.
I was looking for this comment. I love you man. You win the internet for the day.

Discount_Blade

The way I view the... it's called the Nasuverse? Well, anyway, the way I view it is that it absolutely reeks of too many cooks spoiling the broth. It makes perfect sense if you view Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero, or any one of the non-fate series in isolation. This is because they have their own contained vision created by their artist.

However, if you start getting into the other Fate series (which sorta read more like fan-fictions of the original) or trying to start thinking about how the stories in universe fit together, it starts breaking your brain. This is because you start to get conflicting visions as the artists who made the respective stories just didn't line up in their opinion of how this should all go.

(Also, I would like to note that Fate/Zero was not written by the same person or people who wrote the original. It was written by a master writer by the name of Gen Urobuchi. The man is clearly extremely good at his craft. If you didn't get that from his impressive portfolio which speaks for itself, then you can easily get it just by reading / watching the anime adaptation of Fate/Zero and comparing it to the original Fate/Stay Night and noting how well the two fit together lore wise without any of the horrible contradictions you see in the rest of the Fate portion of the Nasuverse where the artists just basically do whatever they want without really caring about the original lore)

EDIT: Also, can we please erase the Disney StarWars Trillogy and get Gen Urobuchi to do the new version? We really need someone who shows the kind of care and honor to the original that this man does. It's exactly what Disney was missing.
I despise how Disney just completely did away with the original lore. Literally ALL of the protagonists in the ne trilogy DID NOT exist in the Lucas-canon version of how it all was supposed to go. IF they had followed the books like they were supposed to, Rey and Darth-Emo wouldn't exist. Leia and and Han Solo wouldn't die At least not as they did. They also had 4 kids, not just one. Luke had a lot more adventures, got married, had 2 kids, a son and a daughter. And his and Han Solo's descendants both went on to become powerful Jedi and Sith protagonists in the Lucas-canon universe. Of course, Disney being Disney...said fuck all that. Let's make something stupider.

The last straw for me was that whole Rey Palpatine shit. That fuckwad died and remained dead when he died. I don't even acknowledge those shitstain movies. Rey was never a good character and Kylo Ren was only bearable because pretty much anyone was an improvement compared to Rey.

Discount_Blade

dude he did Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. That was one of the darkest, most tragic anime's ever. I hate endings that aren't positive but man......I just couldn't make myself hate this one. I don't care much about Fate because none of them fucking align and there's too many stupid ass copies of the same person. And plus. I'm EXTREMELY offended at the idea of a female King Arthur...yeah fuck that and fuck whoever's idea that was even if it happened to be Gen Urobuchi's....but I'll forever treasure that guy for Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. That has stuck with me for years.

Also, the only Fate I watched all the way through was Apocrypha because that fake ass King Arthur wasn't in it. I liked that one. A female Mordred is also a terrible, awful thing, but more tolerable than a female King Arthur.

Jemini

dude he did Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. That was one of the darkest, most tragic anime's ever. I hate endings that aren't positive but man......I just couldn't make myself hate this one. I don't care much about Fate because none of them fucking align and there's too many stupid ass copies of the same person. And plus. I'm EXTREMELY offended at the idea of a female King Arthur...yeah fuck that and fuck whoever's idea that was even if it happened to be Gen Urobuchi's....but I'll forever treasure that guy for Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. That has stuck with me for years.

Also, the only Fate I watched all the way through was Apocrypha because that fake ass King Arthur wasn't in it. I liked that one. A female Mordred is also a terrible, awful thing, but more tolerable than a female King Arthur.

Actually, Fate's female King Arthur was from the original team that made Fate/Stay Night, and it was well before the current "inclusiveness" hysteria. It was actually capitalizing upon a fringe theory that has existed for decades now among some rather serious fans of the Utherian lore who noticed how Arthur was not actually romantically involved with Guinevere, and Mordred was actually not his son but was adopted. Meaning Arthur never actually had a biological child.

It's an apocryphal read, but when these discrepancies were noticed and taken into account with how Arthur seemed to tolerate Lancelot going after Guinevere and even still considering Lancelot his most trusted top knight, theories started to fly about Arthur either being a gay male or a cross-dressing female.

Again, this is a legit apocryphal read of Chaucer's original texts that was in circulation for decades and greatly pre-dates the current SJW stuff. However, I can certainly appreciate how this modern mess could hamper your ability to enjoy and appreciate what they did there even knowing about this apocryphal read on the lore.

(Thing is, I actually could believe Chaucer sneaking this sort of thing in. He really was one of those progressive writer types well before his time if you've looked at any of his further works. The Canterbury Tales is the other famous example of his work, and it had a fairly interesting way of questioning the church and the way he handled social dynamics and genders in that story seemed rather in-touch. BTW: If you ever played FF-10, that game partially based it's plot on the Canterbury Tales. It was mostly on character concept and dynamics, as well as the concept of a pilgrimage to begin with, but there were serious echos there.)

Also, Fate/Zero was a prequel to Fate/Stay Night written after the original. Gen Urobuchi was hired on by Type/Moon to come up with the story for Fate/Zero and make it conform to the original. The reason I say Gen Urobuchi is so impressive is because Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night are the only two in the Fate franchise that actually DO line up. Everything else in the fate series, as I said, just reads like a bad fan-fic.

Discount_Blade

Actually, Fate's female King Arthur was from the original team that made Fate/Stay Night, and it was well before the current "inclusiveness" hysteria. It was actually capitalizing upon a fringe theory that has existed for decades now among some rather serious fans of the Utherian lore who noticed how Arthur was not actually romantically involved with Guinevere, and Mordred was actually not his son but was adopted. Meaning Arthur never actually had a biological child.

It's an apocryphal read, but when these discrepancies were noticed and taken into account with how Arthur seemed to tolerate Lancelot going after Guinevere and even still considering Lancelot his most trusted top knight, theories started to fly about Arthur either being a gay male or a cross-dressing female.

Again, this is a legit apocryphal read of Chaucer's original texts that was in circulation for decades and greatly pre-dates the current SJW stuff. However, I can certainly appreciate how this modern mess could hamper your ability to enjoy and appreciate what they did there even knowing about this apocryphal read on the lore.

(Thing is, I actually could believe Chaucer sneaking this sort of thing in. He really was one of those progressive writer types well before his time if you've looked at any of his further works. The Canterbury Tales is the other famous example of his work, and it had a fairly interesting way of questioning the church and the way he handled social dynamics and genders in that story seemed rather in-touch. BTW: If you ever played FF-10, that game partially based it's plot on the Canterbury Tales. It was mostly on character concept and dynamics, as well as the concept of a pilgrimage to begin with, but there were serious echos there.)

Also, Fate/Zero was a prequel to Fate/Stay Night written after the original. Gen Urobuchi was hired on by Type/Moon to come up with the story for Fate/Zero and make it conform to the original. The reason I say Gen Urobuchi is so impressive is because Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night are the only two in the Fate franchise that actually DO line up. Everything else in the fate series, as I said, just reads like a bad fan-fic.

Yeah I don't care about any of that. I don't believe in King Arthur being female no matter any "discrepancies" so I won't be watching any Fate's with that particular character in it. I've read versions where he was very pissed at Guinevere's adultery. He declared war on Lancelot and besieged him in his stronghold of Benoic while he ordered Guinevere burned alive. But yeah I appreciate Chaucer's work but I'm not interested in any gender-bending anything. I like some of Gen's stuff but he'll still be that guy who to me, is an insulting creator when it comes to King Arthur's lore.

Jemini

I despise how Disney just completely did away with the original lore. Literally ALL of the protagonists in the ne trilogy DID NOT exist in the Lucas-canon version of how it all was supposed to go. IF they had followed the books like they were supposed to, Rey and Darth-Emo wouldn't exist. Leia and and Han Solo wouldn't die At least not as they did. They also had 4 kids, not just one. Luke had a lot more adventures, got married, had 2 kids, a son and a daughter. And his and Han Solo's descendants both went on to become powerful Jedi and Sith protagonists in the Lucas-canon universe. Of course, Disney being Disney...said fuck all that. Let's make something stupider.

The last straw for me was that whole Rey Palpatine shit. That fuckwad died and remained dead when he died. I don't even acknowledge those shitstain movies. Rey was never a good character and Kylo Ren was only bearable because pretty much anyone was an improvement compared to Rey.

Wait, Han and Leah had 4 kids? I only knew about 3. The twins and the boy (I forget his name) who joined the academy in that little novella trilogy that came after Jaina and Jacen's arc was done. Unless you are confusing the female lead in that series with his sister. She wasn't, they met at the academy. I do remember that much.