So, how do you end up as an artist?

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Take out your snacks, that’s my life story (just kidding). :blob_popcorn:

It all started with the adoration of cartoons and anime. Then there was this friend in elementary school that shared her knowledge about anime and manga to me. She drew manga, but I gave up, because of my nonexistent skills. Later there were other friends, who drew anime too. I simply joined them, practiced when I was bored and got into it.

Well, I also spent a lot on art supplies, because they looked so shiny. If I didn’t continue till today, it would have been a big waste of money :sweat_smile:

Sorry, I’m on phone and only have the outline version of this piece (Fanart for Picked up by the protagonist of a torment Novel)
CCCC3F20-A1B8-4655-9639-418E564502D6.png

Last edited:

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
My mom was an art major in college and once she got married and had us, she would take up art as a hobby; I would ask her to draw my favorite cartoon characters or characters from my favorite manhua as a kid. I just began to copy what my mom did and 14 years later, here I am. Mostly self-taught, and still yearning to learn more.

Nihilaine

I’m always been the introvert child that rather doodle on my notebook than play with others and my elementary school always participates in this annual art contest which let students from different schools all across the region compete with each other and since I’m the only one who’s relatively good at drawing, my homeroom adviser always picked me to be the representative every since time.

This trend continued to my high school years and by the time I reached college, I’m already earning money doing art. I really didn’t had that ‘Oh I decided I wanna be an artist’ moment since it all came naturally for me. :blob_nom:

LWFlouisa

Well I liked graphic novels prior to writing fiction, and I had originally mostly illustrated instead of wrote, however eventually I began to neglect my drawing and focus exclusively on writing.

So now I'm mostly making up for lost time, and brushing up on drawing with charcoal, blue mechanical, and manga pen.

Wretch

Undead men tell tales
I wanted to be like my older siblings who all draw like Leonardo Da Vinci. I was crap at first, since I started at like 8, but I never gave up and ended up really enjoying it. I think it was my enjoyment (and perfectionism) that led to where I am today.
Now I draw like this:
wxxsmall.jpg
jjjjj.jpg
jjjjj2.jpg
I've always considered myself better at drawing traditionally, but recently I've been seeing some promising developments digitally too. Unfortunately I only have digital examples. (:V)

LWFlouisa

I wanted to be like my older siblings who all draw like Leonardo Da Vinci. I was crap at first, since I started at like 8, but I never gave up and ended up really enjoying it. I think it was my enjoyment (and perfectionism) that led to where I am today.
Now I draw like this: I've always considered myself better at drawing traditionally, but recently I've been seeing some promising developments digitally too. Unfortunately I only have digital examples. (:V)

You're going to go far someday with this style!

Wretch

Undead men tell tales
You're going to go far someday with this style!
Haha thanks! It took me so long to resize the photos to upload here, lol. When I think about where I started it really makes me happy that my dedication paid off.