So I took a Gintama writing prompt...

Ekfreet

Here's a request. I want a fanfic where current Gintoki randomly switches with Joui war Gintoki from 10 years ago.

I basically need some suggestions with what to do with this story. Ideas for the plot to be specific.

Example: MC meets Kaguya or the guy with the glasses -) They talk -) He is introduced to everyone he knows -) They encounter a gang of Amantos -) Gintoki kills all of them in cold blood shocking the teens.

What I've written so far:

It was the morning of another day. The sun was slowly rising over the horizon dying the clouds orange, a beautiful colour that early risers never got tired of watching. Birds were chirping and life was gradually returning to the barren streets.

Gin-chan, as usual, had his pinky stuck up his nose while reading the new chapter of Isekai Ojisan.

"Looking for someone?" He suddenly said, his eyes still focused on the magazine.

"Ara, your senses haven't dulled at all did they?"

An elderly woman with completely gray hair and clothes appeared in front of him. She had an ominous smile on her wrinkled face.

"What do you..." Before he could even finish his sentence, a bright light assaulted Gintoki.

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /​

Shiroyasha reaches for the hilt of a katana that is not there. His fingers grasping nothing but air. He is overwhelmed by a sense of vulnerability. His sharp senses are immediately pushed to the edge.

He remembers being on a battlefield with the smell of rotting corpses, gunpowder and iron filling his lungs. He remembers killing his own master. He remembers that the war had just ended. But he does not know how he ended in this room.

Acting on instinct, Sakata Gintoki reaches for a wooden sword that laid near the window.

Streets filled with Amanto walking amongst humans greet his eyes. His fingers itch but he suppresses his killing intent. They had lost the war. It would be meaningless to forsake his life at this point. Not when he still had to continue living while carrying Takasugi's hatred.

Taking a few deep breaths, he manages to calm down. Deciding to not disturb the possible owners of the unknown building he is in, he jumps down from the window with fluid grace and proceeds to walk along the paths of an unfamiliar Edo.

Don't hesitate in pointing out grammar mistakes or typos btw.

Unrelated pic:

1589924170138.png

Liola

Are you going to write P.O.V stories with the both personas? If you are going to write the story of the modern Gintoki, it would prob just be a time travel novel of rewriting the past. Idk what to suggest but I would gladly read it. Gintama :coffee::giggle:

Bokuboy

I basically need some suggestions with what to do with this story. Ideas for the plot to be specific.
An elderly woman with completely gray hair and clothes appeared in front of him. She had an ominous smile on her wrinkled face.
"What do you..." Before he could even finish his sentence, a bright light assaulted Gintoki.]
////
Shiroyasha reaches for the hilt of a katana that is not there. His fingers grasping nothing but air. He is overwhelmed by a sense of vulnerability. His sharp senses are immediately pushed to the edge.
Acting on instinct, Sakata Gintoki reaches for a wooden sword that laid near the window.
Streets filled with Amanto walking amongst humans greet his eyes. His fingers itch but he suppresses his killing intent. They had lost the war. It would be meaningless to forsake his life at this point. Not when he still had to continue living while carrying Takasugi's hatred.
Taking a few deep breaths, he manages to calm down. Deciding to not disturb the possible owners of the unknown building he is in, he jumps down from the window with fluid grace and proceeds to walk along the paths of an unfamiliar Edo.
Don't hesitate in pointing out grammar mistakes or typos btw.

Okay... I know nothing about this story, so it'll be very easy for me to criticize it.
One, the premise is wrongly stated. It took me a minute to realize you mean to bring the past version of the war torn battler into the peaceful future.
Two, were did the old lady go, or better yet, what was the point of her being seen by the current version if she isn't still there an instant later for the past version?
Three, your spoiler gives the past man knowledge that he wouldn't have, namely that they lost the war and things are peaceful now. He should be all gung-ho and fighting to his best ability.
Four, did he quantum leap into the future man's body or did they physically switch places? Are they now wearing each other's clothing/equipment?
Five: Why would he care about the building he was in? He was literally just in a war fighting for his life. Collateral damage is not on his mind in the least.
Six, he wouldn't leap out of the window and draw attention to himself if he was trying to blend in and explore. He would investigate the place he is now and then go outside.
Seven, what's an Edo? (normal people don't know) Edit: I looked it up. This is the wrong description for the time period. I looked up the series as well and it's not the samurai period (it ended with the alien invasion). Plus, he doesn't know that it's a different Edo. He only knows he is in a different place, not time.
Eight, this is a similar premise as Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, where he switches with his future self. If that's true, does his much more powerful self fight in the war?

Ekfreet

Okay... I know nothing about this story, so it'll be very easy for me to criticize it.
One, the premise is wrongly stated. It took me a minute to realize you mean to bring the past version of the war torn battler into the peaceful future.
Two, were did the old lady go, or better yet, what was the point of her being seen by the current version if she isn't still there an instant later for the past version?
Three, your spoiler gives the past man knowledge that he wouldn't have, namely that they lost the war and things are peaceful now. He should be all gung-ho and fighting to his best ability.
Four, did he quantum leap into the future man's body or did they physically switch places? Are they now wearing each other's clothing/equipment?
Five: Why would he care about the building he was in? He was literally just in a war fighting for his life. Collateral damage is not on his mind in the least.
Six, he wouldn't leap out of the window and draw attention to himself if he was trying to blend in and explore. He would investigate the place he is now and then go outside.
Seven, what's an Edo? (normal people don't know) Edit: I looked it up. This is the wrong description for the time period. I looked up the series as well and it's not the samurai period (it ended with the alien invasion). Plus, he doesn't know that it's a different Edo. He only knows he is in a different place, not time.
Eight, this is a similar premise as Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, where he switches with his future self. If that's true, does his much more powerful self fight in the war?
2- Secret.

3- I get what you mean but I took the liberty of choosing the time period in which the war just ended.

4- Physically switch places. No.

5- This dude was pretty chill even during the war. The anime is a parody, don´t expect to see characters with PTSD. And he should care about collateral damage, as he was in the *good* side.

6- Answer 3, he isn´t in danger anymore. And the Amanto are aliens. You can´t exactly blend with 3-meter high gorillas and monsters.

7- Nah. Its the name of the city. https://gintama.fandom.com/wiki/Locations_&_Settings

8- Maybe. The thing however is that his future self isn´t really stronger than the past self. If anything, he might be weaker.