Choose an apocalypse and why

Robot Apocalypse

Zombie Apocalypse

Alien Invasion

and lastly - The gates of the underworld opening

choose an apocalypse

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
but what about the guy who hides his zombie bite, or the people who won't share resources
Zombie Apocalypse - and other people ARE my resources. I'll eat my neighbours first and take their shit. If I'm at work when it kicks off then I'll have no problem fighting my way out through the hoardes of people older and fatter than me. Them getting bit will mean me getting out of there.
I've also scoped out my WWZ fortress, it is well stocked with beer and food, has space for growing/is two spits from an allotment site to which I have the key and both fortress and allotment have tall fences and iron gates. There's also a stock of tools there. I can get from mine to there in under ten minutes on foot, and from my office to there in less than 15.
I got this covered. :devilish:

Ymadthepirate

Professional Bitch Faggot in da house
Zombie Apocalypse - and other people ARE my resources. I'll eat my neighbours first and take their shit. If I'm at work when it kicks off then I'll have no problem fighting my way out through the hoardes of people older and fatter than me. Them getting bit will mean me getting out of there.
I've also scoped out my WWZ fortress, it is well stocked with beer and food, has space for growing/is two spits from an allotment site to which I have the key and both fortress and allotment have tall fences and iron gates. There's also a stock of tools there. I can get from mine to there in under ten minutes on foot, and from my office to there in less than 15.
I got this covered. :devilish:
Dang hes a walking dead villain

D

Deleted member 57675

Zombies will rot eventually. Just wait til corpses get fall into bits and pieces under the sun and get plucked by vultures.

Machines don't really deteriorate, especially if its well advanced or the type of material used to build ithem. Build a robot with an advanced AI like the Terminator and it will strive a 100% elimination. Only look at numbers and keep updating itself. But it has to have a smart AI in the first place. Currently, AI is still not as smart and need humans to program it so~

Aliens -if they already can fly through space, they already have advanced tech and you're doomed. or bring diseases from other worlds and earth has no immune system to counter it and it wipes out most of human population. who knows though? maybe some aliens also have morals and think bad invade....lol

Underworld -so zombies but even more? And ones that can lure you into a constant state of hell? Or twist your minds further? No thanks. Zombies are brain dead, but once the bite is over, the camera doesn't show the victim continue to be in a state of torture after they are deceased.

Vote Zombies.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
I vote zombies, but then I would need to think on the type of zombie apocalypse. It could range from the Walking Dead zombies or fucking Call of Duty zombies, or in the middle of them being World War Z zombies.

If it's Walking Dead zombies, I just need to worry about survivors. The zombies aren't even a threat by that point.

World War Z zombies is fucking scary to deal with, but at least theres a level of chance.

If it's Call of Duty zombies, I'm pulling the trigger as soon as I hear that iconic zombie shout.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Robot Apocalypse
Not terrible. A big enough EMP could solve most of the problem... Would be terrible for modern life conveniences, but we'd find a way to manage. This is far from ideal, but seems survivable.
Zombie Apocalypse
There are a lot of variants for a possible zombie apocalypse, so it's hard to figure out whether this is trivial to survive or nigh-impossible.
  • How does the zombification spread?
    • Spread by a magical unexplained phenomenon that affects X% of mankind? Then you have 100-X% chance of survival... Far from ideal.
    • Spread by an illness that can be spread through the air, with only X% of the world's population being immune to it? Well, you have X% chance of survival. This is horrible.
    • Spread by zombie bite? This actually gives us pretty good chances. I like these odds.
    • Actual necromancy? So, you only get contaminated after dying? This seems super manageable. I really like those odds.
  • How dangerous are the zombies?
    • There are monstrous zombies like the Tanks and Witches on Left4Dead? Well, ggwp. Humanity is doomed.
    • Zombies can actually use modern technology, such as planes or guns? Well, ggwp. Humanity is doomed.
    • Zombies can run, open simple doors without breaking them, can climb stairs, can sense humans and have superhuman strength? Well... Those odds are really bad, but I think it's possible to survive it if the infestation is curbed early. It gets better the less categories the zombies fit though. With climbing stairs being the most important one.
    • Zombies can only walk and bite mainly? This isn't an apocalypse. Military/Police will clear out every zombie in a week and then we'll then be back to our normal lives.
Alien Invasion
This really depends on the aliens. They already have good-enough technology to travel to space and try conquering Earth, so we obviously have no chance of winning, but we can still be able to submit and surrender.

If they just want to kill all life in the planet and make it their own or something, then we're out of luck. But if they are more the colonizer kind, then we can probably go into a subservient life, which is like... Well, not perfect, but manageable.
and lastly - The gates of the underworld opening
Well, we obviously die to this one. 0% survival rate without a doubt.

But that means the underworld exists, therefore we have a guaranteed afterlife, so... I dunno? Is it the worst thing ever? I don't wanna die, but I'd take solace in knowing there is a guaranteed afterlife out there.

-----------------------

Taking all that into account, I'd prefer Zombie Apocalypse. While it has a lot of variants and many of them would equal to utter doom for humanity... The reality is that the majority of the zombie apocalypse scenarios actually work with very manageable expectations that would be curbed long before they are real threats.

So, overall, I'd rate Easy Zombies>Aliens>Robots>Underworld>Hard Zombies