So what exactly is this forum for?

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
I mean, I don't think I've seen a post since I've been here. Did there used to be super popular stories that everyone had to talk about?

UYScuti

Helium Fuser
What? You’ve commented 42 times and you’ve never seen a post? I’m not sure I follow.

Isn't it just a way to socialize? Talk about whatever topics, interests, etc.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
It's for geeks and nerds to talk shit about geeky and nerdy shit, you geek/nerd.

minacia

perpetually sour
SHF is basically a clone of the the Novel Updates Forum, which also had this subforum.

Here it's not as practical or meaningful because it's easier to just message authors on the main site and so forth...

Blitz

『⛰Ping-Pong Cat❄️』『⚡️New member⚡️』
I thought you meant the forum as a whole for a good minute and was writing a response:sweating_profusely:
I guess this can be seen as leftovers from when Tony brought the basic forum structuring style over from nuf.
Since there are more convenient options ways to discuss novels this place is pretty dead. Although it can be used for fanart, theories, discussion about the novel as a whole and stuff

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
So maybe use it as a bookclub? Something new in trending gets an automatic discussion post to talk about the new things?
It can't just be for everyone to post to because people are just going to recommend and try to foster discussion on their own work.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
You could always start a thread about my story . . . if you dare.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I wish this part of the forum did get used more often, but so far, the only noteworthy post I can remember being discussed at all was that 20k word chapter thread.

And that one was NOT a good example. Still amazed it wasn't locked. Or was it?

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Imagine your readers starting a thread for your story and discussing new releases there. Hah. Peak authoring. You know you made it at that moment, kek. People rarely comment under chapters or get into discussion under those that doesn't include only author answering :blob_hide:

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Yea, imagine that. Seems to me there are discords or other places people use. It would be to be like, the most popular thing on the site for me want to post a discussion on a story here. It would feel weird otherwise. "Hey guys, here's a small story I found. Let's talk about it!"