Social Media anyone? (Ig, twitter, etc)

Moonxious

So, does anyone uses these stuff to either communicate with your reader, or advertise your novel?

I mean, i know we have discord to communicate. But other than discord ofc

And did you advertise your novel in your social media to attract new readers?

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
So, does anyone uses these stuff to either communicate with your reader, or advertise your novel?

I mean, i know we have discord to communicate. But other than discord ofc

And did you advertise your novel in your social media to attract new readers?
I don't but you can. But be sure to target the right audience. It will help if you are promoting with a legit profile. Also you can't have most people in 50s reading isekais (unless they love it. There are exceptions like family, friends, etc.)

Stratothrax

I've tried it in the past and seen others but I can't say I've had or seen a lot of success attracting viewership with it. It seems a bit like posting into the void as readers don't tend to go there to seek out things to read and other social media users don't have an interest. It seems particularly hard on twitter.

D

Deleted member 29316

I got a facebook account which I use to advertise my works occasionally, since my friends there are mostly my students only.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
I've seen a comic author use a dedicated Tumblr account very successfully. She used it to reblog things that matched her story thematically or aesthetically, provide updates for her comic, and answer reader questions.

I feel like it would be a lot of work if you weren't very dedicated to that particular story, though.

Personally, at my stage, I just use profile posts here and on NUF, as well as threads to advertise Yuri Garden events.