Software/Apps to use in drawing

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
Hello hello

hmm so I'm just wondering about what software or apps are you guys using in drawing or making your artwork?

Thanks!

Sinpathy

If you're at an entry level, drawing with SAI is pretty good.
Photoshop mainly for editing when you get to a higher level and you want your art to pop.
And then Krita or other open-source art software that gives you more control over your workspace and preferences so you can increase your work productivity.

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
MS Paint since it used to be available everywhere with the virus called windows. (whispers: Honest! I troll you not.)

Also the reason why no scanlation group would take me seriously despite my impeccable quality pixel-level editing work dna samples. They're too hung upon using layers! As if those things will reflect in the final product.

Sour grapes are good for making fox grape jelly.

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
Krita is the best. If anyone is interested, this artist teaches how to use the program. https://www.youtube.com/user/DeevadRevoy
If you're at an entry level, drawing with SAI is pretty good.
Photoshop mainly for editing when you get to a higher level and you want your art to pop.
And then Krita or other open-source art software that gives you more control over your workspace and preferences so you can increase your work productivity.
Photoshop. Also Sketchbook, which is free now.

There's also a free online photoshop clone called Photopea. It's the same layout as photoshop, only thing is it gets laggy since it's an online app.
thanks!

NCKZMA

Photoshop has everything you'd ever need, so I suggest you just learn that. A lot of of tutorials out there for you to learn, not just photoshop but also how to digital paint in it.
Here's a link for you to check out, tutorials, photoshop brushes, and alot more.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I don't actually draw things, just assemble things from parts, but I really like Gimp. It's not like I've tried anything else, but it's free so worth a try even if you wind up using something more premium later.

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
Photoshop has everything you'd ever need, so I suggest you just learn that. A lot of of tutorials out there for you to learn, not just photoshop but also how to digital paint in it.
Here's a link for you to check out, tutorials, photoshop brushes, and alot more.
I use gimp. I don't really have any digital art skills, but it's free photoshop.
I don't actually draw things, just assemble things from parts, but I really like Gimp. It's not like I've tried anything else, but it's free so worth a try even if you wind up using something more premium later.
thanks!

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
i'm part of the old pencil and paper gang. i got a good phone camera and admittedly decent with filters to make some great stuff work.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
\
Hello hello

hmm so I'm just wondering about what software or apps are you guys using in drawing or making your artwork?

Thanks!

I will also recommend Krita. Krita is open source so it is free. Krita is a fork of GIMP, though they have come a long way apart. The big difference between Krita and GIMP is that GIMP tries to be the open source photoshop. While Krita tries to be the best open source painting app.

Photoshop does a ton of things from working with photos to drawing to making animations and etc. GIMP tries to replicate all that but a ton of it is a big mess as they try to replicate photoshop features, many of them are half done and etc. (Though some things it can do better than photoshop). GIMP has cleaned up a bit with latest version but still, it's a general all purpose app. Krita's goal is to focus specifically on drawing. So while it lacks a lot of the advanced features of photoshop and gimp (you can still edit photos or make animations just fine, though you would need a plugin to import gifs), but its main focus is drawing. And in that sense it is more polished for drawing than GIMP or in a way even photoshop. It probably has the most sophisticated brush engine of any tool. It has HDR support too.

They also created a port of Krita for Android that can be downloaded through early access. Of course it also supports Windows, Mac and Linux too.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I use Clip Studio Paint. It’s an allrounder for drawing and editing.
Furthermore, it’s easy to use and has many open source assets to download.
Unlike Photoshop, it’s one time payment.

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
\

I will also recommend Krita. Krita is open source so it is free. Krita is a fork of GIMP, though they have come a long way apart. The big difference between Krita and GIMP is that GIMP tries to be the open source photoshop. While Krita tries to be the best open source painting app.

Photoshop does a ton of things from working with photos to drawing to making animations and etc. GIMP tries to replicate all that but a ton of it is a big mess as they try to replicate photoshop features, many of them are half done and etc. (Though some things it can do better than photoshop). GIMP has cleaned up a bit with latest version but still, it's a general all purpose app. Krita's goal is to focus specifically on drawing. So while it lacks a lot of the advanced features of photoshop and gimp (you can still edit photos or make animations just fine, though you would need a plugin to import gifs), but its main focus is drawing. And in that sense it is more polished for drawing than GIMP or in a way even photoshop. It probably has the most sophisticated brush engine of any tool. It has HDR support too.

They also created a port of Krita for Android that can be downloaded through early access. Of course it also supports Windows, Mac and Linux too.
I use Clip Studio Paint. It’s an allrounder for drawing and editing.
Furthermore, it’s easy to use and has many open source assets to download.
Unlike Photoshop, it’s one time payment.
thanks