Solar colonization

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Hello fellow daoists, we are increasingly advancing towards the age of interstellar colonization so let’s talk about it.

I predict that for the next 40 years space operations would largely be asteroid mining. Asteroid mining operations would begin in the 30s and by the late 40s become one of the biggest industries. Asteroids have a low rare metals which will be used to build high tech equipment. Some of the new innovations would include a flying nuclear powered car akin to the ford nucleon, solar farmed produce along with plans for the construction of a mini Dyson sphere.
This scenario is working heavily off the assumption that the current world order comes to an end in the late 30s and early 40s.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
We must do all these things carefully.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Hello fellow daoists, we are increasingly advancing towards the age of interstellar colonization so let’s talk about it.

I predict that for the next 40 years space operations would largely be asteroid mining. Asteroid mining operations would begin in the 30s and by the late 40s become one of the biggest industries. Asteroids have a low rare metals which will be used to build high tech equipment. Some of the new innovations would include a flying nuclear powered car akin to the ford nucleon, solar farmed produce along with plans for the construction of a mini Dyson sphere.
This scenario is working heavily off the assumption that the current world order comes to an end in the late 30s and early 40s.
Agreed those whose souls are weighed down by gravity could not possibly understand

i do concur that in the future, people might have increasing excitement of watching paint dry compared to the present time.

and the current world order might end in the stupidest way possible, for example, an idiot with too much power finally declared a new gender which doesn't even benefit anyone and died of brain cancer.

Ilikewaterkusa

for example, an idiot with too much power finally declared a new gender which doesn't even benefit anyone and died of brain cancer.
They aren’t necessarily idiots, because you need to be evil and cunning. Two traits that idiots don’t have. And the brain cancer thing is pretty likely. They are getting up there in age. 90s - 100s. Kissinger are Soros are quite literally going to be a century old…

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
As cool as the thought of something like that is, its just not possible, not just because we're nowhere near technologically advanced to do stuff like that, but also because it would be highly inefficient.

1 - Asteroid Mining: Why would we ever need to mine asteroids? If at some point we get technologically advanced enough to do so, then we'd also be advanced enough to land on other planets and mine their resources, which is much more practical. And this won't be a thing for hundreds of years at best. We can't even safely send people to Mars, much less mine asteroids from the asteroid belt.

2 - Flying Cars: Air traffic. That's all I need to say. We do technically have the technology to make flying cars. Hell, there are flying cars already built. So why aren't they already a household thing? Because it would be hard as hell to regulate, and once more, not anywhere close to safe. And also not consumer practical. Not only would you need a drivers license, but also a flying license just to purchase one. Also for the love of god, don't put nuclear parts in flying death machines that is drivable by the average person. That's a radiation incident waiting to happen.

Ilikewaterkusa

1 - Asteroid Mining: Why would we ever need to mine asteroids? If at some point we get technologically advanced enough to do so, then we'd also be advanced enough to land on other planets and mine their resources, which is much more practical. And this won't be a thing for hundreds of years at best. We can't even safely send people to Mars, much less mine asteroids from the asteroid belt.
Asteroid mining would come a lot before mining from other planets. Plus it would be a lot less resource intensive than mining from other planets.
4F372662-99D1-499E-B1CE-87D5CC514EE4.jpeg

Plus considering the fact that Mars the closest planet isn’t exactly mineral rich, and the fact that the asteroid belt is much closer to the planet, it will be more efficient.
2 - Flying Cars: Air traffic. That's all I need to say. We do technically have the technology to make flying cars. Hell, there are flying cars already built. So why aren't they already a household thing? Because it would be hard as hell to regulate, and once more, not anywhere close to safe. And also not consumer practical. Not only would you need a drivers license, but also a flying license just to purchase one. Also for the love of god, don't put nuclear parts in flying death machines that is drivable by the average person. That's a radiation incident waiting to happen.
1. We would reform the regulation system to become infinitely more effective, plus there wouldn’t be much reason to regulate this technology.
2. Considering the fact that there will be a major religious revival and as result a culture of strength and majority is bound for a rebound in the 30s and 40s with the birth of the children of the Zoomers. A much more mature generation compared to what we have now, so more lenience will be applied to these people.
3. These nuclear cars will be powered by thorium and not uranium. Thorium is infinitely more safer than uranium. Being less toxic and having less chance of having a chernobyl moment. On top of that considering that these events will be taking 20-40 years now, nuclear technology will be taking major developments, with safer procedures and anti-radiation technologies. And on top of that nuclear energy will become the leading power source for a post depression America.
4. Nuclear radiation isn’t exactly that deadly. High amounts of radiation slowly trickle into to your body, while low amounts of radiation near instantly trickle into the body. There are a lot of misconceptions around radiation.
5. Super computer ran AI will be used to prevent accidents and drive the vehicle.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
Asteroid mining would come a lot before mining from other planets. Plus it would be a lot less resource intensive than mining from other planets.View attachment 14762
Plus considering the fact that Mars the closest planet isn’t exactly mineral rich, and the fact that the asteroid belt is much closer to the planet, it will be more efficient.
I think you forgot one part of the calculations. The Earth rotates around the sun. By the time a ship with mining equipment can get to the asteroid belt, Earth would already be in a different position. Also, the picture your showing clearly shows Mars is closer for both a send off and return trip. I can't exactly calculate what the actual time would be, since I'm shit at math and can't exactly pinpoint this type of stuff, so we're both going to have to take this with a grain of salt.

Also, what materials could you even find in asteroids that's somehow more efficient than something like Mars. Yeah, mars is barren and all, but why wouldn't the asteroids also be barren. They don't even have an atmosphere like Mars would which would help satisfy conditions to keep rich resources safe. Not to mention there are more planets than just mars.
1. We would reform the regulation system to become infinitely more effective, plus there wouldn’t be much reason to regulate this technology.
2. Considering the fact that there will be a major religious revival and as result a culture of strength and majority is bound for a rebound in the 30s and 40s with the birth of the children of the Zoomers. A much more mature generation compared to what we have now, so more lenience will be applied to these people.
3. These nuclear cars will be powered by thorium and not uranium. Thorium is infinitely more safer than uranium. Being less toxic and having less chance of having a chernobyl moment. On top of that considering that these events will be taking 20-40 years now, nuclear technology will be taking major developments, with safer procedures and anti-radiation technologies. And on top of that nuclear energy will become the leading power source for a post depression America.
4. Nuclear radiation isn’t exactly that deadly. High amounts of radiation slowly trickle into to your body, while low amounts of radiation near instantly trickle into the body. There are a lot of misconceptions around radiation.
5. Super computer ran AI will be used to prevent accidents and drive the vehicle.
1: There's a lot of reason to regulate technology that flies in the air and can be piloted by an actual person. There's a reason laws exist, so people don't start dropping like flies.
2: Lets not get into religion. Not only does religion not equal to maturity, my family is an example of that, but also there's no signs of any sort of religious revival. Not to mention what religion is revived. A specific religion? All religions? Some cult religion?
3: Thorium is still radioactive, and is still very toxic to humans to be around unless safely protected, and a flying car of all things is not that type of protection. There was an event that happened in Goania, South America, where a single dude that found a radioactive piece of material spread it throughout the town, killing nearly his entire family and placing the entire town on lockdown. Radiation isn't a joke, no matter how radioactive a substance is. This is a good video that broke down the event:
4: Read 3 again.
5: Computers can glitch and malfunction. Having stuff run by computers isn't the fix all as some may think. It may be safer, sure, but again, there's always the chance of a malfunction resulting in a crash. Not to mention a super computer would have to regularly be monitored by the company making it, resulting in the company, and most definitely the government, having access to all systems within your vehicle. And if the super computer goes down for any reason, that would practically cease function in most if not all vehicles using that network. Remember these vehicles are flying too, so use your imagination for the destruction that would cause.

Last edited:

Ilikewaterkusa

I think you forgot one part of the calculations. The Earth rotates around the sun. By the time a ship with mining equipment can get to the asteroid belt, Earth would already be in a different position. Also, the picture your showing clearly shows Mars is closer for both a send off and return trip. I can't exactly calculate what the actual time would be, since I'm shit at math and can't exactly pinpoint this type of stuff, so we're both going to have to take this with a grain of salt.

Also, what materials could you even find in asteroids that's somehow more efficient than something like Mars. Yeah, mars is barren and all, but why wouldn't the asteroids also be barren. They don't even have an atmosphere like Mars would which would help satisfy conditions to keep rich resources safe. Not to mention there are more planets than just mars.

1: There's a lot of reason to regulate technology that flies in the air and can be piloted by an actual person. There's a reason laws exist, so people don't start dropping like flies.
2: Lets not get into religion. Not only does religion not equal to maturity, my family is an example of that, but also there's no signs of any sort of religious revival. Not to mention what religion is revived. A specific religion? All religions? Some cult religion?
3: Thorium is still radioactive, and is still very toxic to humans to be around unless safely protected, and a flying car of all things is not that type of protection. There was an event that happened in Goania, South America, where a single dude that found a radioactive piece of material spread it throughout the town, killing nearly his entire family and placing the entire town on lockdown. Radiation isn't a joke, no matter how radioactive a substance is. This is a good video that broke down the event:
4: Read 3 again.
5: Computers can glitch and malfunction. Having stuff run by computers isn't the fix all as some may think. It may be safer, sure, but again, there's always the chance of a malfunction resulting in a crash. Not to mention a super computer would have to regularly be monitored by the company making it, resulting in the company, and most definitely the government, having access to all systems within your vehicle. And if the super computer goes down for any reason, that would practically cease function in most if not all vehicles using that network. Remember these vehicles are flying too, so use your imagination for the destruction that would cause.
1. Yes. I have to agree but considering the deregulation radicals it definitely going to be a thing.
2. There is quite literally a direct correlation between religiousness and maturity. In this modern age, religiousness that is pure to the scripture is a rare thing and people that are often irreligious live as living man childs while "religious fanatics" that are pure to scripture live fulfilling responsible lives. The Godless crackhead does not have the same maturity as the God loving and God fearing Christian man that goes to church every Sunday to eat the holy body and confess his sins. The religious revival of Christianity is taking root and the roots will be felt during the 30s after the economic depressions of the 20s. After the 20s the country will be in an ever rising state of optimism. This scenario would be like the 50s which came after the great depression and the second world war.
3 - 4. Thorium is still infinitely more safer than Uranium. The faults of the scenario is 1. improper maintenance of the radioactive piece and 2. the incompetence of the hospital that has allowed this bozo bitch to get the radioactive substance and the improper disposal of it.
Video on radioactivity.
5. Computers can glitch, but the technology for these systems would immediately awake the user if a worse case scenario were to take place, plus computers of the future will be self-maintaining. And if a flying vehicle were to crash there would be barely be an impact to this.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
So about the whole religion thing, religion does not correlate maturity. Let me give you an example. My parents are pretty religious. They use the bible to tell them how to live their life and what they should think. However, my Dad will go off on temper tantrums if he doesn't get his way, literally breaking stuff because he's too impatient to do anything. And my Moms a manipulative person who nearly destroyed my connection to my sisters because she couldn't handle the fact she was a bad parent. I don't even want to get into the rest of my family, cause even with my insane parents, they're the less insane within my bloodline.

Also, you gotta come up with a source if you want to make a correlation claim like that. You can't just say something and expect people to take it at your word. And don't post a stupid meme and think that's some source or whatever. Give me something actually peer reviewed and I might take that claim seriously.

Also, again, I see no signs of this Christian revolution or whatever. In fact I've seen signs of the opposite. Here's something that'll help you see what I'm talking about: https://www.pewresearch.org/religio...world-are-less-religious-by-several-measures/

And lets get back onto Radioactive talk. Your first rebuttal instantly explains why there shouldn't even be any radioactive material in flying cars. People are stupid, and computers are too unpredictable. If a crash happens, and the wrong part gets dented, dangerous shit could go down. The risk of having radioactive substances in cars far outweighs any benefit.

I also watched the video and I'm just curious where he got some of this information. For instance, where he named how many nukes each country had. I looked it up myself, and practically every search result comes up with a different answer, saying they're the correct one. Which makes me wonder how he got that info and what other sources is he using. I looked in the description and found no sources for any of the information he spouts, which makes me question his validity. But it was still a good video nonetheless, and still proves that radiation is no joke.

Ilikewaterkusa

So about the whole religion thing, religion does not correlate maturity. Let me give you an example. My parents are pretty religious. They use the bible to tell them how to live their life and what they should think. However, my Dad will go off on temper tantrums if he doesn't get his way, literally breaking stuff because he's too impatient to do anything. And my Moms a manipulative person who nearly destroyed my connection to my sisters because she couldn't handle the fact she was a bad parent. I don't even want to get into the rest of my family, cause even with my insane parents, they're the less insane within my bloodline.

Also, you gotta come up with a source if you want to make a correlation claim like that. You can't just say something and expect people to take it at your word. And don't post a stupid meme and think that's some source or whatever. Give me something actually peer reviewed and I might take that claim seriously.
Christianity and other religions have values which are espoused by the religion. I’m most familiar with Catholicism so I’ll use them as an example. Catholicism follows the word of the Bible and the other traditional texts, along with this they have saints. These patron saints have been masters of one or two specific traits. For example, Saint Agnes is venerated by Catholics due to her devotion to chastity, and because of this she was and still is the role model for young girls.
I will not link a source because scientific studies are not absolute, can be cheated and science id called upon by the scientific method to be questioned. Plus it would be better for you to test out the truth of this, by engaging yourself into the faith as to test if this is true or not.
As for the family stuff, I won’t even touch it. It’s your parents, not mine. But it would be fun to try out if faith changes the personality.
And lets get back onto Radioactive talk. Your first rebuttal instantly explains why there shouldn't even be any radioactive material in flying cars. People are stupid, and computers are too unpredictable. If a crash happens, and the wrong part gets dented, dangerous shit could go down. The risk of having radioactive substances in cars far outweighs any benefit.
You completely misinterpreted that quote in an act of bad faith.
I also watched the video and I'm just curious where he got some of this information. For instance, where he named how many nukes each country had. I looked it up myself, and practically every search result comes up with a different answer, saying they're the correct one. Which makes me wonder how he got that info and what other sources is he using. I looked in the description and found no sources for any of the information he spouts, which makes me question his validity. But it was still a good video nonetheless, and still proves that radiation is no joke.
The amount of nuclear weapons changed over time and most numbers are estimates not the exact number. The exact number is hidden and it would be strategically retarded to share your nuclear capabilities to the world, considering that your enemies will be listening.

LostLibrarian

Asteroid mining operations would begin in the 30s and by the late 40s become one of the biggest industries.
2140 maybe. (based on your idea, that the world changes 2030)
Same is also more or less true for everything else in this thread... a hot dream of "I have a cool idea" with somewhere between 50 and 200 years of missing innovations in between.

To be harsh: it is a lot more likely that some stupid war over (probably) water will let us start over once more with sticks and stones than anything in this thread in 20 or 30 years...

Last edited:

Ilikewaterkusa

To be harsh: it is a lot more likely that some stupid war over (probably) water will let us start over once more with sticks and stones than anything in this thread in 20 or 30 years...
already happening. Just matter of when they will escalate.

LostLibrarian

already happening. Just matter of when they will escalate.
Which is my point.

It is a lot more likely we'll see that on a global scale with a "near-total destruction of humanity" compared to "flying cars driven by self-sustaining supercomputers".

Ilikewaterkusa

Which is my point.

It is a lot more likely we'll see that on a global scale with a "near-total destruction of humanity" compared to "flying cars driven by self-sustaining supercomputers".
But I don’t think nuclear weapons would be the suspect of human annihilation. Rather like fucking over clean water through sabatoge. Experts say shitting in the river is good for you akshually!

AryaX

Interstellar !? :ROFLMAO:

"Maybe" there will be some mining done in space... and "maybe" we will setup some colonies here in our own star system...

But so long as we have to do the work of sustaining these operations our selves, neither will happen...

If AI reaches the point where we can send some unmanned robotic thing(s) into space, which will then autonomously build stuff out there, from the materials they harvest out there, without us needing to keep sending stuff up there... Then mining in space and colonizing this star system might become a reality...

But... No human will ever reach another star system...

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
Christianity and other religions have values which are espoused by the religion. I’m most familiar with Catholicism so I’ll use them as an example. Catholicism follows the word of the Bible and the other traditional texts, along with this they have saints. These patron saints have been masters of one or two specific traits. For example, Saint Agnes is venerated by Catholics due to her devotion to chastity, and because of this she was and still is the role model for young girls.
I will not link a source because scientific studies are not absolute, can be cheated and science id called upon by the scientific method to be questioned. Plus it would be better for you to test out the truth of this, by engaging yourself into the faith as to test if this is true or not.
As for the family stuff, I won’t even touch it. It’s your parents, not mine. But it would be fun to try out if faith changes the personality.
So you don't believe in science, but yet you claim that science will go far enough to mine asteroids in only half a decade? Okay you do you, as long as it only affects you.
You completely misinterpreted that quote in an act of bad faith.
The faults of the scenario is 1. improper maintenance of the radioactive piece and 2. the incompetence of the hospital that has allowed this bozo bitch to get the radioactive substance and the improper disposal of it.
What did I misinterpret in bad faith, cause people being stupid will lead into improper maintenance.
The amount of nuclear weapons changed over time and most numbers are estimates not the exact number. The exact number is hidden and it would be strategically retarded to share your nuclear capabilities to the world, considering that your enemies will be listening.
That is exactly why I doubt the rest of his information, cause he won't specify how he knows this information. You can't just say something and expect people to follow it like sheep without any ounce of doubt.

SternenklarenRitter

The only one of these likely to happen in my lifetime is asteroid mining. While certainly most asteroids are in the belt between Mars and Jupiter, there are still hundreds of known asteroids passing somewhat close to Earth. A good number of them are metallic asteroids, which means that they contain very little carbon, oxygen, sulfer, or silicon. Any metals we mine on Earth (or eventually the Moon or Mars) have to be separated from these nonmetal elements through energy intensive smelting processes. Even more, and this is the important part, metallic asteroids are as enriched in heavy transition metals (like gold, tungsten, and platinum) as they are depleted in nonmetals. Any iron asteroid at least 100ft wide is likely to contain roughly the same amount of platinum as we have ever mined on Earth. The economics are actually favorable with today's technology for sending remote controlled mining robots to asteroid, but the initial investment is on the scale of a small nation's GDP. Essentially, for a 500 billion USD investment, you have a 60% chance of earning ten times as much over the next decade and a 40% chance of loosing it all.