Some of my illustrations.

LWFlouisa

One thing I have trouble with is sequential art, as I'm more used to doing full body illustrations with larger paper.

I'm also not sure how well Charcoal will adapt, as I'm wanting a smoky noir look.

Here is just a few.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Dude, I see a definite style in those drawing of yours. Love em', keep em' up.

Also, don't mind me advertising my own stuff here~

Last edited:

LWFlouisa

Is that just a regular pencil, or do you use a special one? ( I'm currently reexperimenting with charcoal, although that doesn't lend to comics real well, unless you also use a blue mechanical pencil. )

As an example ( though my sequential art is still woefully underpracticed. ):

Leaning toward just having this be really detailed concept art, and hand out this as a base for an artist. It depends on how far my art ends up improving over the next few months.

LWFlouisa

Some spur of the moment illustration. Taken from my phone, so I may need to rescan it.

millie.jpg

Note this is Millie after becoming a "Print", now when she was still just a game character in the novella.

LWFlouisa

Trying out some background details. I figured out I can do it through a layering technique:
img091.jpg

Attachments

• img091.jpg
    img091.jpg
    563 KB · Views: 132

MrDarkness1234

Dark Matter of All Evil
Nice work.

I work at it for 1 month except for Saturdays cause I'm just chilling (but still I'm working on it).

But the sad part is that I can't post my art online because of,

1.i don't know what mb size does my art take up

2. Is there hidden features that let me post or I'm just dumb about it.

MrDarkness1234

Dark Matter of All Evil
True.

Like every time I try to do attach files or try upload it on this site it always say it can because it's to big or maybe a bug or glitch that people who created the site did not get or to lazy.

Either way they need fix it as soon as they can, cause almost every site I go on, they can do it just as well or even better to post art.

Note:I Just wanted the people on site to just listen if they read this or at least to be aware of the problems that it can cause if it wasn't a site for written novels and forms

LWFlouisa

True.

Like every time I try to do attach files or try upload it on this site it always say it can because it's to big or maybe a bug or glitch that people who created the site did not get or to lazy.

Either way they need fix it as soon as they can, cause almost every site I go on, they can do it just as well or even better to post art.

Note:I Just wanted the people on site to just listen if they read this or at least to be aware of the problems that it can cause if it wasn't a site for written novels and forms

Yea what worked for me was clicking on insert image, and importing it through a URL. I use Glitch to host my images.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
My style for drawing backgrounds is to start by doing a rough sketch with a straight edge, then going over it with more detail, following the lines I've already set up.

If you're doing it digitally, overlaying a graph can help.

Last edited:

LWFlouisa

My style for drawing backgrounds is to start by doing a rough sketch with a straight edge, then going over it with more detail, following the lines I've already set up.

If you're doing it digitally, overlaying a graph can help.

Cool, how about for perspective?

LWFlouisa

I usually use one point perspective. When adding depth, I sketch dotted lines towards the vanishing point that I later erase and I use the grid to make sure that everything stays to scale.

My challenge has always been shading and light effects.

One thing I started doing is having different object have different perspectives. I'm working on 3rd and 4th at the moment.