Something really grinds my gears

Immortal_17

Idk if this belongs here but...

I went out of my way to explain why Luke was able to win against Arnold, why Arnold wanted Flora and Lauran to be close with Luke(Hero Party first members) and the situation surrounding Olivia(which is addressed in the epilogues of the second volume). Also, Arnold doesn't care about his death flags? How is he supposed to see them without alerting people? His only way of even knowing someone is out to kill him is when he equips his helmet.

The reason Luke won against Arnold was figured out by Arnold in his fight with Lancelot.

Yet there are always these people who read without analyzing the information that they've read(or they read like ten chapters and know more than the readers who read 80 chapters). Also, they expect things to happen in one chapter and be explained in the next as if storytelling works that way. I have six volumes worth of content planned out and everything that may confuse the readers will be covered along the road. So be patient before posting reviews and making yourself look like idiots. Take this advice for other stories as well.

I'm not naming names since you'll know who you are after reading this rant.

Reborn As The Villain

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
You know what grinds my gears, when someone is riding my ass when I’m doing 35 in a 35, but as soon as I do 45 in a 45 they can’t keep up. What did you just want to 40mph?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
You know what, I respect these kinds of authors. Man's got a bitchy tone, yes, but I will never scoff at a creator who adopts the Uwe Boll discipline of beating your fucking critics. They're all stupid fucks who don't understand your masterpiece as well as you, the superior party, do.

Take your reviewers on a boxing match, OP. It's way better than shitting on it in the forums that most readers don't frequent anyway.

LostLibrarian

It's way better than shitting on it in the forums that most readers don't frequent anyway.
Going on in the forums is more on the Shyamalan level of making a "questionable" movie just to attack critics who say his movies are bad :ROFLMAO:

DiscoDream

Severe autist
You know what, I respect these kinds of authors. Man's got a bitchy tone, yes, but I will never scoff at a creator who adopts the Uwe Boll discipline of beating your fucking critics. They're all stupid fucks who don't understand your masterpiece as well as you, the superior party, do.

Take your reviewers on a boxing match, OP. It's way better than shitting on it in the forums that most readers don't frequent anyway.
Jesus Christ man, I'm not sure who you're killing, but you are killing them!

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

I went out of my way to explain why Luke was able to win against Arnold, why Arnold wanted Flora and Lauran to be close with Luke(Hero Party first members) and the situation surrounding Olivia(which is addressed in the epilogues of the second volume). Also, Arnold doesn't care about his death flags? How is he supposed to see them without alerting people? His only way of even knowing someone is out to kill him is when he equips his helmet.

The reason Luke won against Arnold was figured out by Arnold in his fight with Lancelot.

Yet there are always these people who read without analyzing the information that they've read(or they read like ten chapters and know more than the readers who read 80 chapters). Also, they expect things to happen in one chapter and be explained in the next as if storytelling works that way. I have six volumes worth of content planned out and everything that may confuse the readers will be covered along the road. So be patient before posting reviews and making yourself look like idiots. Take this advice for other stories as well.

Reborn As The Villain
who the fuck are these people?

i just tell them to go suck my fat, greasy cock. Its harder since i cant comment on SH reviews, but webnovel allows it so i loved it.

Readers get pretty damn uppity, and I'm a reader too so i talk shit as well so i get the feeling. But as an author, I'm not above telling people that I'll eat a bowl of water with a fork before i let their whiny baby nonsense to go unnoticed.

Last edited:

Kenjona

Reborn As The Villain
Sorry your running into said issues. Keep up the writing and ignore those Karen wannabes.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It sounds like these people should stick to reading short stories.

Immortal_17

who the fuck are these people?
They are literally more on webnovel than here but one of them is the most recent review on my story on SH. That person talks about things that already has explanations and why they are necessary. This is why I keep replying to readers to read further ahead because I explain everything at a certain pace.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
I didn't read many comments, and me thinking there's things to point out doesn't necessarily mean I'd agree with their arguments, but:

Your writing style seemed very conductive to doubts to me. Side notes are elaborated in great detail, giving me the impression of a novel that leaves little unexplained. And this since the start.
Apparent gaps in the narrative get the exact opposite treatment most of the time. Leaving details to be discovered for later is valid, but as is it often lacks any form of acknowledgement or reaction. The result is something that looks like a plot hole glossed over rather than a missing puzzle piece I anticipate being found.