Space Time Manipulation vs Reality Warping

Daitengu

Reality warper. Mainly because space-time manipulation is a subset power that a reality warper can also do.

Space-time manipulator: I'll erase your existence!

Reality warper: oh?

Space-time manipulator: I love squid flavored ice cream.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Well, I would go with Reality Warper under some circumstances:
A. Both of them are "equal" in strength.
B. Their first move will be their last.

Why? Well, what is reality but the present? Assuming that past no longer exist and the future is not yet here, reality is like the gary's mod god mode version with the user having the ability to alter the state of matter as they deem fit. In this case, the death of the Space-Time user is certain, solely because the Time aspect will be fucked and the Space aspect is severely hampered.

What is reality? But how we perceived the world.

Of course, The World fans will immediately jump up to defend that if the Reality Warper is stopped before they can use their ability, then everything is handy dandy. This point immediately makes the assumption A moot as now it is expected that the power level of ST is slightly, but undoubtably, stronger than RW as they are capable of ignore the RW's influence of the Present to give themselves an upper hand against RW.

Of course, the concept of Past to Future is always played with and assuming that the past versions exist, it is always possible for ST to just play the Girl who leaps through time and screw with the weaker RW. Again, this makes assumption A moot.

Then again... Space-Time being a subset to Reality can be argued with... case and point of Infinity War with the stones being Space, Time and Reality.

I just walked into an alley and got beaten shitless, if Time is what constitute in the stream we are in and it is through this river we perceive it as our reality, then it is safe to say that those who manipulates, aka travel, the stream is a form of reality warper. Yet if the reality warper warps their current surrounding to see as they deemed fit and the time stream is capable to alter the past to fit the present, while the RW is unable to travel through time, it is still capable of manipulate it via causes and correlations, making them shifters.

Last edited:

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
Reality warper has a chance to win
Why? I don't know what reality is to you but I think of it like Schrödinger's cat.
Different realities, Not the same possibilities

Reality warper could just choose a reality where the Space-Time manipulator is a rich girl fangirling BTS. No matter what happens, the rich fangirl ST manipulator will only care about BTS so Reality warper can go wild as long as it don't trigger her.

And like I said, Reality warper has the ability to choose a reality where he wins. Be it Guts dying in berserk or Kaneki being an angsty teen despite not being a ghoul.

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
Too vague. What do these powers entail: effects, costs, ironically, the time to use them. For example : Ainz from Overlord has the powers of time stop and acceleration, as well as teleportation and summoning, all of which I count as spacetime manipulation. Still, he is not undefeatable due to the limitations of these powers, such as the many ways to prevent being affected by them. Or somebody who made a deal with the devil can alter reality to their wishes seven times (I'm talking about that old movie) - but they have little control over the extent of the altering and are likely to not get what they want.

CL

Reality Warping would be the greater. With as much that exists in reality itself, Space Time Manipulation is just a finetuned act of distorting reality towards whatever end.

As for which would win? That depends on the person with those set of powers and their circumstances. See the spoiler for an example.

It's like what most have watched in cinema of Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame. Thanos was warping reality as he faced off against Doctor Strange (and significant others) manipulating current events to set up the future for a victory. Do remember: that wizard required a LOT of help (and he still wanted more help in that final battle) to win the Endgame.

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
As mentioned by others, there are a number of factors involved. Personally, I believe reality warper would win, as my understanding is that they can alter anything rather than just time and space. Alter opponent's mind to no longer want to fight. In the end though, both can simply erase the other from existence, so it all comes down to which is faster, and which is more willing to hit hardest. If only one knew ahead of time, that person wins because they can use the past to set up the future win, or just strike when the other is unaware. If one is faster than the other, they can jump to the past and get more time to act, even if it takes years to do their full attack plan. If there are different costs involved, it depends on who has lower costs, or higher will to pay the price.